SRI or Stock Box With K&n

Just wondering what you guys think..

Would you guys install a SRI or keep the stock airfilter box and install a k&n filter?

this is for a zze123 or a zzt231..

Andrew,

A stock airbox with a panel filter and without the snorkle is alot better than just plain old stock, but it won't be as good up top as a CAI. However, I think it's a little more gutsy down low and perhaps in the midrange. I don't have any experience with SRI sorry.

Cheers, Gav.

A stock airbox with a panel filter and without the snorkle is alot better than just plain old stock, but it won't be as good up top as a CAI. However, I think it's a little more gutsy down low and perhaps in the midrange. I don't have any experience with SRI sorry.

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav,

ive got a blitz lm spec SRI installed but im having second thoughts about it. Even though it rev'ed alot easier, i couldnt stop thinking about all the hot air thats being taken in by the engine. ive seen people keeping their stock airfilter box and adding in a k&n or any other high flow filter into their car. but when i look at the stock box, one word that comes to mind. Restriction.

i just wanted to know what people's opinion's are when it comes to SRi and stock box..

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav,

ive got a blitz lm spec SRI installed but im having second thoughts about it. Even though it rev'ed alot easier, i couldnt stop thinking about all the hot air thats being taken in by the engine. ive seen people keeping their stock airfilter box and adding in a k&n or any other high flow filter into their car. but when i look at the stock box, one word that comes to mind. Restriction.

i just wanted to know what people's opinion's are when it comes to SRi and stock box..

refer to stupid questions thread for an answer :P

Evo

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav,

Evo

wth.. i didnt know this was a 'stupid question'..

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav,

Evo

Its not, my answer is in 'stupid thread' lol :P

Evo

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav,

Evo

Its not, my answer is in 'stupid thread' lol :P

Evo

:lol: ahah.. i just was just reading some of the post. hilarious..

i got a sri which is boxed off, with a pipe that runs to behind the cai, according to my little infometer thing, my intake temp is about the same as the outside temp, so i guess its working, alot cheaper than a cai too :)

hey mate, i dont have much of a clue when it comes to sri, but a couple of things to try is,

in your stock air box is a butterfly valve, when you got your foot down to the floor at low revs that valve is shut to control noise from the intake, look at the little hole on the left it has to go thru when the butterfly is shut, fricken small. now, remove the module by pulling it up and disconnecting the vaccum hose and plug the hose off. thus allowing the air to flow more freely and not restricted.

post-10877-1237884415_thumb.jpg

you know the plastic cover that runs from the center over to the right in front of the air box, remove it,

post-10877-1237884586_thumb.jpg

by doing so it allows cooler air to get to the air box mouth, yeah a little off center but not too much,

"Enlarge this image"

post-10877-1237884666_thumb.jpg

i'm working on a couple of things now to direct the air a little better. try them for now see how you go. i know the sound is a little more grunty and piks up a little better. looks stock and nothing major. also engine seems to run smoother too.

B)