Power figgers

00UCH

We need some volunteers first. I think you will find that of all the current members here with an Aurion, no one else except SecaBoy and

has dynoed their Aurion. Unless I completely missed someone else's run.

Reposting dyno graph for convenience:

img-523092218-0001_198.jpg

With that said, now that we have a thread, I think it's time for some measurable work to be done to some Aurion's and posted here.

Was that dyno run done with the Varex mufflers open??

It is a bit rich but steady none the less.

Did it change gear at the end cos at 135kph power drops, it leans out but the speed increases.

Was that dyno run done with the Varex mufflers open??

It is a bit rich but steady none the less.

Did it change gear at the end cos at 135kph power drops, it leans out but the speed increases.

I'd say the peak had been reached so the operator backed off the throttle (leading to super-lean), but the dyno rollers kept spinning up before getting shut-off

Iam not sure if people have seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-08-Toy...sQ5fAccessories

its like flash tuner for your ecu

Azza

Are these chips for real or is it a gimmick the claims are impressive.Has any one chipped an Aurion yet? :unsure:

it not a chip it module that plugs into your diagnotic port of your ecu and it flash your original

chip with diffrent settings etc whicxh can also be reverted back to your original specs

Azza

*slaps forehead*

I'll join you on that one. This whole market of cheap and simple plug in performance chips in unbelievable. Unless you are changing the ECU, getting it properly reprogrammed, or adding a legitimate piggyback, you are are not going to gain anything but a false sense of satisfaction that your car "feels" more powerful. I would give someone $100 and cover the price of the so called 'Performance Flasher/Chip' if they can prove that by adding this chip, they will get an extra 14HP out of their Aurion as the site calculates you will gain.

People will fall for anything these days.

On a side note, it's only an example from one car, but nevertheless:

Volo flash "Performance Chip" Dyno results are in!

i think i should just clarify something... that dyno sheet posted above by DJKOR was my car and its a TRD Aurion, not the standard one...

so for those that are looking for a "benchmark", dont be disappointed if your non-TRD model doesnt reach the same power output! :lol:

and for the record, i believe that dyno run to be a crock of ****... the guys that were doing it were complete idiots and i've never seen such idiots in my life before...

the graph that you see was done when the engine was still fairly new...

add to that the fact that i specifically asked the guy to NOT bounce my car off the limiter as it was a new engine... and what did he do? he revved it out and sat it on the limiter for a few seconds... :(

not to mention that what you see is graph of only 20km/h difference... ooooooooo, soooo accurate!!!

ugh!! i had forgotten how annoyed i was at that night till now... :lol:

anyway... i'm trying to find another dyno day somewhere so i can take it back there for another run... power figure will most likely be the same, but hopefully i'll get a better graph... :)

I did mine on the same day as Darius to provide the stock benchmark, running 98RON (shell). But I only did one run, so I dunno if I could have gotten a higher figure or not. My car had just been given its 1000K service, so I think that the figure is pretty close to as good as it gets for a standard aurion.

post-6958-1238167846_thumb.jpg

Edited by marc2020

I did mine on the same day as Darius to provide the stock benchmark, running 98RON (shell). But I only did one run, so I dunno if I could have gotten a higher figure or not. My car had just been given its 1000K service, so I think that the figure is pretty close to as good as it gets for a standard aurion.

you would probly find that if you did 2 or 3 runs you would have gotten better figures because of the learning computer, unless you were upping it the whole way to the shop. 1 run is fair enough when uve only done 1000k's tho harly run in yet.

*slaps forehead*

I'll join you on that one. This whole market of cheap and simple plug in performance chips in unbelievable. Unless you are changing the ECU, getting it properly reprogrammed, or adding a legitimate piggyback, you are are not going to gain anything but a false sense of satisfaction that your car "feels" more powerful. I would give someone $100 and cover the price of the so called 'Performance Flasher/Chip' if they can prove that by adding this chip, they will get an extra 14HP out of their Aurion as the site calculates you will gain.

People will fall for anything these days.

On a side note, it's only an example from one car, but nevertheless:

Volo flash "Performance Chip" Dyno results are in!

Can i have $100???? If you look at my ride thread i have a piggy back with this pretty much is. Im waiting to hear back from them so i but it in right then ill dyno it. i only got it for shiz and giggles but if it works good $$$$ spent.

WOW!!!!

Marc2020: Your car puts out 688.8Nm! How good and well known is this Dyno operator? and does your vision go blurry every time you floor it?

A dyno day is a good idea so all the figures are comparable, as dyno figures vary between dyno's.

WOW!!!!

Marc2020: Your car puts out 688.8Nm! How good and well known is this Dyno operator? and does your vision go blurry every time you floor it?

I noticed that as well and paused for a second. But if you look at the top, you will see that it says 'TORQUE AT: WHEEL/S'. The transmission amplifies the torque so that you may get some high amount when compared to the torque at the flywheel.

yep, the torque that gets measured on a dyno like these is nothing like the torque figures which the manufacturers quote...

there is a formula to figure out a comparable torque figure to the factory quoted figures, but i've got no idea what it is right now...

i remembered that it had to do with the gear ratios for the box and the dfif, but how they fit into the equation is beyond me...

i'll try to find the formula tomorrow and put it up if anyone is really really interested...

that was one of the issues the guys had with my dyno run.... hence why they had to only run it for a short time..

i still think its a bit funny, because i remember getting my old seca dyno'd back in the day and they didnt have the same issue...

• 10 months later...
I get some dyno figures after I have a Motec system installed this weekend.

I will be waiting impatiently for this.

Would you be kind enough to give us at least a hint of which Motec you would be fitting and if this will disable any features on the car?

I get some dyno figures after I have a Motec system installed this weekend.

I will be waiting impatiently for this.

Would you be kind enough to give us at least a hint of which Motec you would be fitting and if this will disable any features on the car?

Seconded :P I'd love to know the results of this.