Fuel Use????? Let us know

00UCH

• 1 year later...

What fuel you use: BP unleaded 91

How many Km's you get to a tank: 600-700 depending on driving style and throttle control [or lack of ;) ]

What your Avg 100km/L is: Between 8.1 and 8.5 (if I thrash it then I see ~9.5)

What sort of driving is this based on: About 90% of constant highway driving at 100km/h with the other 10% driving around the suburbs. When I worked in Melbourne the daily commute from Bendigo was on the freeway at 110km/h for the most part and average was 7.3 although on one tank I had 6.5 (I was stoked). Since then my commute is now an hour drive and have changed wheels and tyres since.

Been very happy with fuel usage rates even when thrashing it, have tried higher octane for a about 6 months but was seeing higher fuel usage and experienced no recognisable power difference so changed to the cheaper stuff.

City Driving:

What fuel you use: Vortex 98

How many Km's you get to a tank: 600km-650km (From 60L)

What your Avg 100km/L is: 10 ish

What sort of driving is this based City driving

Highway Driving:

What fuel you use: Vortex 98

How many Km's you get to a tank: 650km-700km (From 60L)

What sort of driving is this based Highway driving

Hey,

First poster here, anyway quick history check. Just bought a 2008 Aurion SX6 drove it from Melbourne -> Adelaide, here were my stats for the trip. Note that these stats are for the average of the trip.

What fuel you use: BP Ultimate 98

How many Km's you get to a tank: no idea, assuming ~800

What your Avg 100km/L is: 7.6km/100km (at 110km/h on the highway, will go lower for downhill, higher for uphill)

What sort of driving is this based on: Melbourne to Adelaide, Highway and Great Ocean Road windy roads.

w1r2ut.jpg

Edited by Brad - SX6

What fuel you use:

How many Km's you get to a tank:

What your Avg 100km/L is:

What sort of driving is this based on:

Toyota seem to think you get 9.9L to the 100Km...... When i think i may have seen it once pretty much fill up the all high way running.

We dont want to know your best Km's to a tank or 100Km/L What is your AVERAGE?

You might not want to know the "best Km's to a tank or 100Km/L" but I think it's important to look at any additional info provided in appropriate context. To me, averages don't really mean much unless assessed and viewed in context by considering the surrounding factors and conditions under which these averages were derived.

Fuel Used :

Vortex 98 (Caltex) or Shell PULP 95 (V-Power 98 doesn't seem to be available in Perth :( )

Kilometres per Tank:

Based on 70 L tank capacity and calculated using AVERAGE fuel consumption figures to date gives minimum 643 km achievable from 70L tank.

Based on 70 L tank capacity and calculated using BEST fuel consumption figures to date gives minimum 957 km achievable from 70L tank.

Based on 70 L tank capacity and calculated using WORST fuel consumption figures to date gives minimum 567 km achievable from 70L tank.

Average per 100km : Figures calculated from ACTUAL fuel & tripmeter/odometer logs.

10.89 L/100km (Average of ALL trips taken)

7.31 L/100km (Best)

12.35 L/100km (Worst)

Type of Driving this is based on :

Mix of CBD/Peak hour Traffic in/out of Perth and long uninterrupted high speed country runs to the South West region of WA.

Consumption once spiked to 26.9 L/100km (according to trip computer) as a result of near gridlock on St George's Tce. A/C Climate control was set to 21 Deg C, and it was very warm 37++ Deg C outside though.

Best run was 7.31 L/100km from Perth to Margaret River asnd back. Mostly flat roads though with some hilly windy sections on Caves Rd near MR.

Realistically, considering the vehicle specs, I personally think it would be quite reasonable if fuel consumption falls anywhere between just under 9L/100km and 11 L/100km. There are far too many factors which will affect your fuel consumption.

However, I would be concerned if fuel consumption were to consistently remain above 13 - 14 L/100km without a logical explanation (eg. lead footedness, carrying a heavy load, towing a trailer etc.)

Cheers,

BB

Don't use the fuel ecc on the speedo because it isn't accurate.

What fuel you use: Shell V-Power (98 octane)

How many Km's you get to a tank: 665km-875km

What your Avg 100km/L is: lowest is 8L/100km, highest is 14.5L/100km (lot's of 0-100km/h flooring) and average is 10.5L/100km

What sort of driving is this based on: 8L/100km is 75% 110km/h freeway and 25% city driving. 10.5L/100km is 85% city and 15% freeway.

Edited by A Buff Hamster