Armstrong

thanks for the feedback guys :D

Simply all ive done so far is:

*change the manifold as i split it

*hubcaps

*seat covers

*changed the cassette player to a sony cd player

*TRD seatbelt rests (thx dav0)

*last week installed red festoon LED's for the interior and boot.

Possible ideas for mods to come if i don't buy another car:

1.get rims with bigger tyres

2.install speakers

3.headlights

any ideas on mods or wheels to get would be appreciated

Your Corolla is similar to mine, but mine's a 1995 model. Great car, although I got a flat battery today.

mine the AE102 corolla seca csx 1.8L. It looks the same bit i think u got the CSI from the looks of things. am i right?

i had the same issue last year...but mine was broke on me when i just parked the car in the drive way on the way home from work. :lol: ...later to also find that my fan belt was going to only last me about another 3 days before it snapped..as the NRMA told me......so lucky i was

Im glad to see that there in not the only ae101 or ae102 here on the forum. Guys come to the meets so im not the only old corolla

Edited by Armstrong

Yeah mine is the CSI Seca, AE101. My battery went flat after I reversed outta the garage, then it wouldn't start when I went to go out, so I was lucky too that it went flat at home, not while I was out. Made it alot easier to contact the NRMA since it happened at home too. Lucky the NRMA noticed your fan belt, if it snapped I'm guessing it could have caused a fair bit of damage.

thanks for the feedback guys :D

Simply all ive done so far is:

*change the manifold as i split it

*hubcaps

*seat covers

*changed the cassette player to a sony cd player

*TRD seatbelt rests (thx dav0)

*last week installed red festoon LED's for the interior and boot.

Possible ideas for mods to come if i don't buy another car:

1.get rims with bigger tyres

2.install speakers

3.headlights

any ideas on mods or wheels to get would be appreciated

very clean & tidy, needs to be lowered when wheels & tyres are fitted to give it a good stance. B)

Yeah mine is the CSI Seca, AE101. My battery went flat after I reversed outta the garage, then it wouldn't start when I went to go out, so I was lucky too that it went flat at home, not while I was out. Made it alot easier to contact the NRMA since it happened at home too. Lucky the NRMA noticed your fan belt, if it snapped I'm guessing it could have caused a fair bit of damage.

If the "fan" (ie accessories) belt goes (no such thing as an actual fan belt in a FWD car unless it's an old Mini), then it won't cause much in the way of damage unless it's the water-pump belt. 4A/7As have 3 accessory belts, one for the water pump and alternator, one from the water pump to the power steering pump, and one for the air-con compressor.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

what do you guys think about HID Xeon lights being installed

what u reckon 6000k (crystal white) or 8000k (blue colour kinda HID lights)

please opinions people :wacko:

Edited by Armstrong

what do you guys think about HID Xeon lights being installed

what u reckon 6000k (crystal white) or 8000k (blue colour kinda HID lights)

please opinions people :wacko:

In my opinion, HID's in a reflector housing is just stupid as it will create a fair bit of glare.... but that being said, it never stopped me on my old Camry. I would say if you choose to go ahead with it, go for 8000k. They will still be way brighter than halogen, but a little dimmer than the 6000k so that should partially reduce the massive glare. Despite what others say, the 8000k isn't all that blue. I had 10,000k in my Camry, and they were white enough to not attract police attention. Probably also due to the fact that the kit was a cheap eBay kit and lacking manufacturing standards meant the 10,000k was equal to 8000k.

Good photos. Your car is so shiny & clean, have you polished it recently? I hardly know anything about HID lights, so I can't help you much there. Where abouts were those photos taken?

photos were taking from a cruise we did 2 weeks back. It was a good drive. BELLS IS THE BEST :yahoo: I went through the following areas:

*glenbrook

*blue mountains

*bells

*richmond

I cleaned the car by doing the following in order. It took me a while to do but the results was nice. defiantly recommend it for anyone wanting the same results.

1.wash the car with turtle car wash.

2.use Maguires Scratch X to remove any scratches

3.clay the car with Maguires clay kit

4.polish the car with turtle wax

5.shine the tires

i wouldn't mind seeing LevinCSi and Seca_1.8 cars all polished and clayed

Edited by Armstrong

Oh ok, yeah the areas where the photos were taken seem pretty nice.

The effort definately paid off in cleaning/polishing your car, looks heaps good. I polished mine recently but the paint has a bit of oxidation & appears dull (not sure whether the previous owner garaged it very often) & I can't seem to remove it, but it's slowly getting better. I've started using Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner & it seems to be working well with cleaning the paint surface. I'll get around to polishing it again during these holidays, hopefully then it will be as shiny as your Corolla.

I haven't used a clay kit before, was it easy to use? I have seen it at the shops, but have never actually bought it.

Oh ok, yeah the areas where the photos were taken seem pretty nice.

The effort definately paid off in cleaning/polishing your car, looks heaps good. I polished mine recently but the paint has a bit of oxidation & appears dull (not sure whether the previous owner garaged it very often) & I can't seem to remove it, but it's slowly getting better. I've started using Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner & it seems to be working well with cleaning the paint surface. I'll get around to polishing it again during these holidays, hopefully then it will be as shiny as your Corolla.

I haven't used a clay kit before, was it easy to use? I have seen it at the shops, but have never actually bought it.

Yeah my cars never been dull & had oxidation. But there are guides on the forum about how to remove it with meguiars. Look at the forums for it. some bloke did a 96 camry and it was crazy to see the results he got. But as for the clay there is a massive topic on it. Its easy to use. Just spray the car with the lubricant and rub it over with the clay bar. Trust me you'll love. Buy it when u detail you car lol

But yeah post some pictures.

Edited by Armstrong

Yeah I have seen the red '96 Camry that he polished, it looked new again, it was unbelieveable. Thanks, I'll look up the topics on using the clay before I use it. I'll wash & polish my car this week hopefully, then I'll get some photos.

love the pics from the cruise. Some really nice shots you got there. My CSX, to be honest, isnt quite as glistening as yours, though it does look nice when shined up a bit.. I might just use your guide to give her the shine she deserves. Post pics of the lights when you have them in, would love to see how they look!

Peace.

nice... red festoon bulb hahah i just bought one for my car lol and now my friken light doesnt work, and my digital and analog clock doesnt work i will look at it tommorrow i am hopeing it was just a fuse dat blew... but overall its an alright car matey =]

nice... red festoon bulb hahah i just bought one for my car lol and now my friken light doesnt work, and my digital and analog clock doesnt work i will look at it tommorrow i am hopeing it was just a fuse dat blew... but overall its an alright car matey =]

thanks mate

I'd put the time and effort into waxing/claying mine, but the sheer number of stonechips et al on the bonnet and front bar kinda make it redundant. Wash and maybe a light polish is all I can be bothered doing most of the time, and haven't done either in a loooooooooong time (evident by the fact that my wheels are just about black from brake dust)

I'd put the time and effort into waxing/claying mine, but the sheer number of stonechips et al on the bonnet and front bar kinda make it redundant. Wash and maybe a light polish is all I can be bothered doing most of the time, and haven't done either in a loooooooooong time (evident by the fact that my wheels are just about black from brake dust)

What year model is your Corolla? The paintwork on my 1995 Corolla has oxidation, which sucks. I also think the boot has been resprayed by the previous owner, cos when you look at the boot then the rear side, the boot is heaps clear & shiny, & the side is dull and cloudy. Bit hard to explain haha.

What year model is your Corolla? The paintwork on my 1995 Corolla has oxidation, which sucks. I also think the boot has been resprayed by the previous owner, cos when you look at the boot then the rear side, the boot is heaps clear & shiny, & the side is dull and cloudy. Bit hard to explain haha.

i think i know what you mean. my cars a 96. But as for paintwork i got a simular deal as well. The car is shiny but the front and rear bumper looks like a different paint colour.....i think you'll find its because the bumpers are plastic and not metal like the rest of the car. I take it paint gives different affects on different surfaces and materials.