ZZE123R Turbo Conversion?

Hi i was looking at doing a turbo conversion for my sportivo? i was just wondering what it would take?

like what would i need to change and how much would it cost?

awww i envy u tiet :( if ya going to boost up ya 2zz, im sure you will have to go internals aswell, to handle it, dont ya?? if ya get it done, im so coming over and your going to let me drive it..

lol no worries daniel though it won't be anytime soon, maybe a few months, gotta plan it out first :)

doria i know :) but some people like something different, its like civics and K20s lol

lol, ya know how Michael sold the civic to chris?? i think that 1.6 goes hard for what it is.. 2zz turbo should get ya in the 12's aye? lol mad.. o are you going to do it.. or u going to get a performance shop to do it???

if you can't DIY then the labour would most likely cost you more than the components required to do a low boost setup, which would be:

-Turbo

-Injectors

-Modified sump

-Custom oil feed

-Custom return line

-Custom turbo manifold

-Custom intake and intercooler pipes

-BOV

-Various silicone joiners, clamps, heater and vac hose

-intercooler

-ECU

-clutch

-Custom dump pipe

-Heat wrap/sleeve

-Wideband

-Oil temp & boost guage

-colder plugs

-Tuning

That's over $5K worth of stuff just there, and that's not touching the internals at all, or taking into account the labour to make all the little brackets and actually fit the gear to the car.

Although if you ARE handy with metalwork and a TIG, mechanical and electrical work then it does cost significantly less. If you can't tune it yourself then you're also up for someone elses tuning services, and the good tuners tend to charge in excess of $200 an hour these days and will want your car for at least a day once all the mechanical work is complete and PERFECT.

Edited by CHA54

i would go for new drive shafts too, just incase.. and lsd too what chicaboo said..

ive already thought it out if i won lotto.. i would buy a house, with a massive garage in the back, with a hoist.. rip my motor out that night.. and work from the sump plug right up to the rocker cover bolt.. :(

lol, ya know how Michael sold the civic to chris?? i think that 1.6 goes hard for what it is.. 2zz turbo should get ya in the 12's aye? lol mad.. o are you going to do it.. or u going to get a performance shop to do it???

we talking about chris nguyen? lol yeah i know the b16a is a solid and good engine, guess thats why them and the d16y are good motors to turbo charge.

i was thinking about the same place bee got his K20 done,

Have you got a FAT wallet?

Because you'll need one.

It will be cheaper to buy a WRX.

Hmm... talk to Xoom. :ph34r:

yeah i know it would be cheaper buy a turbo car, if i wanted to i'd go skyline [GTR] :)

was trying to pm xoom with questions before this thread but some reason the pm feature is down?

if you can't DIY then the labour would most likely cost you more than the components required to do a low boost setup, which would be:

-Turbo

-Injectors

-Modified sump

-Custom oil feed

-Custom return line

-Custom turbo manifold

-Custom intake and intercooler pipes

-BOV

-Various silicone joiners, clamps, heater and vac hose

-intercooler

-ECU

-clutch

-Custom dump pipe

-Heat wrap/sleeve

-Wideband

-Oil temp & boost guage

-colder plugs

-Tuning

That's over $5K worth of stuff just there, and that's not touching the internals at all, or taking into account the labour to make all the little brackets and actually fit the gear to the car.

Although if you ARE handy with metalwork and a TIG, mechanical and electrical work then it does cost significantly less. If you can't tune it yourself then you're also up for someone elses tuning services, and the good tuners tend to charge in excess of $200 an hour these days and will want your car for at least a day once all the mechanical work is complete and PERFECT.

im handy but i don't think im that handy, me and my friends can only go so far with the limit of tools and space from my garage,

but thats a big help for the research and planning process im in for :)

thanks for the help

Edited by tiet

What it will take to build a 12 sec turbo sportivo is detailed in the article below ...... also see my ride thread if you need more info .... but asking what it would take is a bit of a broad question ..... ur gonna need 2 b a bit more specific on what is causing u drama's / need answered otherwise it will take a novel to explain all the details.

Xoom's Turbo Sportivo Thread

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

Hi i was looking at doing a turbo conversion for my sportivo? i was just wondering what it would take?

like what would i need to change and how much would it cost?

i take it u just finished watching the new fast&thefurious................. :clap:

monster_turbo_02a.jpg

my mates selling this cheap if your intrested

If you want to go turbo, im sure majority of people would reccommend selling and buying a purpose built turbo car. Slapping on a turbo on sportivo's aint as easy as putting them on other FWD 4cyl's. There is alot of custom work to be done to the motor aswell as the engine bay. Your looking at $20k + (easily) for a turbo conversion on these cars. Also, dont forget these cars dont come with the supporting mods for a 12sec car (i.e brakes, suspension, diff, gearbox) so converting this thing to a turbo...... forget it.

If you want to go turbo, im sure majority of people would reccommend selling and buying a purpose built turbo car. Slapping on a turbo on sportivo's aint as easy as putting them on other FWD 4cyl's. There is alot of custom work to be done to the motor aswell as the engine bay. Your looking at $20k + (easily) for a turbo conversion on these cars. Also, dont forget these cars dont come with the supporting mods for a 12sec car (i.e brakes, suspension, diff, gearbox) so converting this thing to a turbo...... forget it.

always worthy of a challenge ;) ;) ;) ;)

but yes if u want uniqueness be prepared to pay the $$$$$$'s ..... otherwise get urself an evo, rexy, supra, skyline etc.

Do it... That's all I can say..

There is a turbo kit for sale from a 2zz-ge celica. Only $9000, comes with just about everything you need. Just need to modify the intercooler piping and exhaust a little. 200kwatw (270hp) @ 10.5psi on stock internals. That's with a old worn out 2zz that got valve problems, will make more on a newer 2zz corolla. :rolleyes:

Edited by 51EKA

i would go for new drive shafts too, just incase...

I take it you don't know how much the half shafts cost? Just replace them when they break.

Also you'll have to keep an eye on the coolant level :P

Set of shafts from Toyota will set you back around the $2.5K mark.

ECU (Tune and Install) $2500

New turbo (+lines etc) $2000

Mainfold + Dump + Exhaust $2500

Injectors $500

Intecooler (etc) $500

Engineers Cert $800

Labour ($100/hr) $2000 (+)

Adds up to be little over 10K. I'm pretty I would have missed something. While your at it, a new HD clutch installed is around about $1000. + 20% for unexpected items.

So a good budget to start with would be around about $12000. You'll also need a replacement car while its off the road.

ECU (Tune and Install) $2500

New turbo (+lines etc) $2000

Mainfold + Dump + Exhaust $2500

Injectors $500

Intecooler (etc) $500

Engineers Cert $800

Labour ($100/hr) $2000 (+)

Adds up to be little over 10K. I'm pretty I would have missed something. While your at it, a new HD clutch installed is around about $1000. + 20% for unexpected items.

So a good budget to start with would be around about $12000. You'll also need a replacement car while its off the road.

You forgot about intercooler piping, fuel pump, minor oil/coolant lines and fittings, gauges, bov, etc... All these things add up. Then you got towing etc...

$12k will be cutting it quiet close, and the setup will be far from optimum. Myself and Bill are still modifying our setup to be perfect. Which means, return fuel system, modifying/new intercooler/exhaust, retune, etc. If you know how to fabricate and do the work yourself, you'll save alot of money and be much more satified with how it turns out.

But in the end, it's all worth it. :yahoo:

i would go for new drive shafts too, just incase...

I take it you don't know how much the half shafts cost? Just replace them when they break.

Also you'll have to keep an eye on the coolant level :P

Set of shafts from Toyota will set you back around the $2.5K mark.

A set of driveshafts from Toyota are 2.5k!!!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! WTF!!!

thanks for all the help everyone, i figured it might be that much of a headache just wanted to see what would be needed,

i was hoping it would as easy as a bolt on for a d16y