Facelift Klugar

blacklugar

Hi All,

i recently order new Grande Kluger (crystal Pearl) 09 model

currentlyi owna 08 model In black (to keep it clean, it was a nightmare)

dealer say will arrive late March....with the facelift model.....anyone know what facelift could it be?

Firstly lets get the name right! :D

But .... why bother since it may not be relevant for much longer:

A new Kluger may be renamed to Venza:

http://www.toyota.com/venza/

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite/ve...ience/?exp=true

well, how do you like it?

what is the price you were given? - new lexus went up by 14%!

On a second look, it appears that this new model is a significantly cheaper car (a dream in our colony!) but with better performance and closely based on lexus!!!

5 seater only (I like that!)

Edited by kwach10

Firstly lets get the name right! :D

But .... why bother since it may not be relevant for much longer:

A new Kluger may be renamed to Venza:

http://www.toyota.com/venza/

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite/ve...ience/?exp=true

well, how do you like it?

what is the price you were given? - new lexus went up by 14%!

On a second look, it appears that this new model is a significantly cheaper car (a dream in our colony!) but with better performance and closely based on lexus!!!

5 seater only (I like that!)

I wouldn't say Venza is replacement.

Venza is more like Murano or CX7 size and it is listed under "cars"

Kluger/Highlander is SUV/peoplemover.

Well, did you check the specs?

Obviously its not a replacement, being sold along the Highlander, but all the relevant diameters are virtually identical.

Mechanically it is the same.

The body is clearly a Lexus RX with more edges and with the same seat configuration and a very similar interior.

Value for money appears to be exceptional for a normal size family.

Unlikely to come here since Lexus RX would be decimated!

Well, did you check the specs?

Obviously its not a replacement, being sold along the Highlander, but all the relevant diameters are virtually identical.

Mechanically it is the same.

The body is clearly a Lexus RX with more edges and with the same seat configuration and a very similar interior.

Value for money appears to be exceptional for a normal size family.

Unlikely to come here since Lexus RX would be decimated!

Well if you compare BMW X 5 and X 6 they share 90 % of parts and they are virtually identical.

But, each of them actracts different buyers.

Same will happen in USA with Venza and Highlander.

Don't believe it will come here as we are to small market and it probably would affect Kluger sale.

Decimating Lexus ? Don't think so as again they will apear to different public - value for money vs touch of class.

(THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION)

Well, I would have to disagree (partly ;) with you again and we could argue for ever, so briefly...

I do not know how close is your estimate on that 90% parts sharing between x5 & x6, but I agree they attract a totally different buyer since:

"in its intended function the X6 does brilliantly well, handling more like a sports car than a soft-roader. Our test car was aided by optional Adaptive Drive, which combines active stabiliser bars and dampers."

Engine choice for X6 is limited to high performance only unlike that for x5, and so on.

In contrast, venza differs only marginally, and only in an exterior wrapper, particularly against the new RX, with which it shares the interior space and 6-sd g-box, although not 4wd system (apparently).

Performance wise, kluger, venza and rx are virtually identical - same engine choice.

OK, rx typically attracts a different buyer, particularly in Oz because of idiotic luxury tax-linked benefits, i.e., as an ego boosting device (champagne, free service and valet parking at opera) and as a tax deduction benefit highly relevant for a certain group of tax office victims.

Yet, should Venza appear in Oz, with the price advantage evident in the US over top spec Kluger and lexus, many (including lexus-seeking tax "victims") would consider it as an alternative. In my case, you are correct, it would be to kluger, because I have no need for more than 5 seats and would welcome a real middle seat, although a hatch is a minor detractor.

I could probably live with a funny gear stick :rolleyes:

well? :)

personally i don't think there is any chance of the venza coming out this way. cost associated with switching to RHD alone not to mention idiocentric ADR's would not be justified by our tiny market...pricing would be another issue....i don't think there is enough fat between Klug and RX

then again who are we to second guess ;) toyota world

Well, I would have to disagree (partly ;) with you again and we could argue for ever, so briefly...

I do not know how close is your estimate on that 90% parts sharing between x5 & x6, but I agree they attract a totally different buyer since:

"in its intended function the X6 does brilliantly well, handling more like a sports car than a soft-roader. Our test car was aided by optional Adaptive Drive, which combines active stabiliser bars and dampers."

Engine choice for X6 is limited to high performance only unlike that for x5, and so on.

In contrast, venza differs only marginally, and only in an exterior wrapper, particularly against the new RX, with which it shares the interior space and 6-sd g-box, although not 4wd system (apparently).

Performance wise, kluger, venza and rx are virtually identical - same engine choice.

OK, rx typically attracts a different buyer, particularly in Oz because of idiotic luxury tax-linked benefits, i.e., as an ego boosting device (champagne, free service and valet parking at opera) and as a tax deduction benefit highly relevant for a certain group of tax office victims.

Yet, should Venza appear in Oz, with the price advantage evident in the US over top spec Kluger and lexus, many (including lexus-seeking tax "victims") would consider it as an alternative. In my case, you are correct, it would be to kluger, because I have no need for more than 5 seats and would welcome a real middle seat, although a hatch is a minor detractor.

Fact is that all car manufacturers share more and more parts between their models for cost cutting purposes.

Some are able to hide it better than others.........

Again,don't think Venza will come to OZ as we are to small market.

Back to topic..........facelift ?

Maybe 6 speed, indicators in side mirrors.........i just don't expect to much.

Fact is that all car manufacturers share more and more parts between their models for cost cutting purposes.

Some are able to hide it better than others.........

Again,don't think Venza will come to OZ as we are to small market.

Back to topic..........facelift ?

Maybe 6 speed, indicators in side mirrors.........i just don't expect to much.

WOW.......

finally i have the real answer...facelift Kluger.....but when?

personally i don t think Venza is the replacement.but if the facelift have 6 speed and side indicator mirror.i will be at the Toyotadealer the next day to order one......it will look awesom

thankyou for all advise and idea.

keep me update

i

dream on :whistling:

unless you want a 4 cyl version

although new box may be a reality

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...-highlander.htm

and how about the prices - looks like the yen did not go up against the US$ at all :blink:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/new-cars/...nder/index.html

they rob us blind here!

Edited by kwach10

Venza is essentially the current model Camry...but in wagon form & with some extra height & 4wd.

Im almost certain the exterior dimensions are similar.