Thinking about selling...

Chris2511

Basically I'm thinking about selling my 2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6.

Reason being is I want to pay out my lease with the fleet company I currently lease it off.

I guess it will be best to go and privately sell it, as I have called a couple of dealers and had quotes such as 27K...

It's done about 34,000 km's.

What do you guys think is the best option in selling it, and what's a realistic price?

Thanks.

Reason being is I want to pay out my lease with the fleet company I currently lease it off.

I guess it will be best to go and privately sell it, as I have called a couple of dealers and had quotes such as 27K...

What do you guys think is the best option in selling it, and what's a realistic price?

Thanks.

Have you had a look at the sites that give indications as to car sale prices (redbook, glass's, etc)?

Alot of people don't agree, but I think red book is pretty close to what the real world prices are for sale prices (which is very different to advertising prices).

REDBOOK 2008 ZR6 PRICE GUIDE

Seeing as how your mileage is a bit above average (while ignoring car condition and vehicle history) I think for a private sale I'd advertise at $32k or $33k and be prepared to go down to around $31k.

Edited by volt

If the car is in good nick, which I'm 99% sure is the case then sell privately. You should be able to get somehwere in the low 30's for it.

Good luck and will you stick with TOYOTA? If so which model?

Hi guys,

I looked at Redbook a while ago, that's why I currently have my car advertised at 34k neg. Although, the price doesn't seem to attract many potential buyers...

It's in great condition, has custom number plates ZR6BLK, which I know doesn't count for much but I thought it might attract some people, maybe I'm better off selling them seperately to the car.

Not sure what I'll go with in the future, my last 2 cars have been Toyota and have definitely proven they are reliable to me, so most likely will stick with Toyota.

I'm also looking to sell within the next couple of months, but there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for cars at the moment.

if the vehicle is secured by a financier, then i'd personally be very VERY cautious about buying, more so leaning towards not buying it.

considering the economic climate and the current speed of the motor markets, your best bet is to keep the car for at least another year to pay off any interest or potential minus equity, and then sell it. trust me, you'll be in a much better position to bargain.

if the vehicle is secured by a financier, then i'd personally be very VERY cautious about buying, more so leaning towards not buying it.

considering the economic climate and the current speed of the motor markets, your best bet is to keep the car for at least another year to pay off any interest or potential minus equity, and then sell it. trust me, you'll be in a much better position to bargain.

IMO a relatively new second hand vehicle (<3 years) being under lease is pretty much par for the course these days.

As long as you do your REVS (or equivalent) checks and make the cheque out to the financier, I don't think it's anything to be wary of.

Just as another guide as to pricing, looking through the local paper a Toyota dealer up here had new '08 plate ZR6's for $36,990.

I'm sure with cash in the hand you could get an even better deal than that.

These sorts of offers make a second hand example even less appealing unfortunately.

Thanks.

Have you had a look at the sites that give indications as to car sale prices (redbook, glass's, etc)?

Alot of people don't agree, but I think red book is pretty close to what the real world prices are for sale prices (which is very different to advertising prices).

REDBOOK 2008 ZR6 PRICE GUIDE

Seeing as how your mileage is a bit above average (while ignoring car condition and vehicle history) I think for a private sale I'd advertise at $32k or $33k and be prepared to go down to around $31k.

Iis that w/ full options? Just wonderin how much would mine be for a year difference.

Iis that w/ full options? Just wonderin how much would mine be for a year difference.

Redbook prices are generally for a vehicle with no options. According to redbook, it seems the only factory options were sunroof or nav, so if you've got those add a bit onto the price indicated.

However, don't fall into the trap of thinking that because you put some mods onto your car that your car is now worth significantly more. Often it is quite the opposite, unless you're lucky enough to find someone who appreciates what you have done and can see the value in it.

My car as is right now (2006 sx6 43k kms) is apparently only worth $18,000 to a car yard...Privately Im being told $24-26,000

Worst part about an Aurion is they are a fleet vehicle, and right now all the Government, Hire cars & business leases are up and they are being traded in. So our good quality cars are being 'depreciated' by all these other ones.

:angry:

Well as an idea, I just paid 26k drive away for my Gold ZR6 with about 62k on the clock, with factory fitted moonroof/sat nav options. Very good condition too. That's from a toyota dealership.

Well as an idea, I just paid 26k drive away for my Gold ZR6 with about 62k on the clock, with factory fitted moonroof/sat nav options. Very good condition too. That's from a toyota dealership.

And wad year izzit? 26k is quite a bargain. I wonder if Gold was a factor to the bargain.

2007 model, so still under factory warranty. After a long drive last night it doesn't seem to have any of the usual problems others have been reporting either (steering pulling to the left, rattly dash etc), so very good condition.

For your SX6, given the ks I would say you could probably get around 24k if you held out privately

However, don't fall into the trap of thinking that because you put some mods onto your car that your car is now worth significantly more. Often it is quite the opposite, unless you're lucky enough to find someone who appreciates what you have done and can see the value in it.

:) yes, it's correct.. *sadly

(best option: keep the things u modded, put it back to stock, then sell.. that's why there is so much corrolla stock stuff wanted/FS on tocau marketplace..

And wad year izzit? 26k is quite a bargain. I wonder if Gold was a factor to the bargain.

26k is a real bargain especially with moonroof and satnav. i bought my white 2006 zr6 with 45k on the clock for 28k from a toyota dealer.

26k is a real bargain especially with moonroof and satnav. i bought my white 2006 zr6 with 45k on the clock for 28k from a toyota dealer.

LoL..Welcome to the TOCAU bro..Lovin ur white Aurion down @ permaisuri..

Should take the tow bar off...

you must be indo ey? :)

removed tow bar, but left a hole on the rear skirt :*(

Yea..Haha..

Should've bought one without a tow bar in the 1st place.. =(

Ask toyota if there's anythin they can do to help.