Project 5S-GTE

Stealth? :huh: Flat pressure-pack black is the most unstealthly paint scheme ever! :P Everyone knows your packing when you've got flat paint, and in particular, leopard blend grey/black undercoat. :lol:

Get some GT4 tri-spokes for ultimate street cred yo. ;)

Gav.

i am hoping people just think its some POS with a gt4 bonnet, hehe.

Mick my man,

i am not a fan of the flat-black, but as long as you are happy its all worth it :D

It needs a shine just to bring the colour out :P how do ya wash it? If we got the gerni out, we could make some stripes down the side for ya, courtesy of TOCAU XD

But love the engine conversion :yahoo: WELL DONE!

Evo

lol the idea is that it doesnt shine.... if i wanted it shiny i would have gone gloss black :P

oh, and you wash it with a bucket and sponge... no pressure wash here.

As for paint, a compressor/spray gun is in the works, so i might re-spray it flat black with the spray gun... should look niiiice,

i am not a fan of the flat-black, but as long as you are happy its all worth it :D

That's alright. You will only be seeing it for a short time before he pulls away from your charged 1ZZ :lol:

haha damn straight daryl

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth? :huh: Flat pressure-pack black is the most unstealthly paint scheme ever! :P Everyone knows your packing when you've got flat paint, and in particular, leopard blend grey/black undercoat. :lol:

Gav.

Hoping? :huh: ;) :lol:

Gav.

Hoping? :huh: ;) :lol:

hey! its got more GT4 bits than just the bonnet :P

as a side note;

185 exhaust does not fit in a 184... LOL

it gets all the way to the fuel tank, and from there its completely different.

looks like its off the the exhaust shop for meeee

so you want to get the exhaust to run through your fuel tank??? i'd suggest against that... hot exhaust gases and fuel doesnt sound like a good idea to me... :lol:

:P

no lol, i need to make the exhaust look like the orignal one, but with the bigger piping/muffler of the 3s one

right price @ slacks creek/my shed. haha

Tried to start it tonite and hit another hurdle... i am a retard and bought low impedance injectors, so tomorrow I am going to get some 360cc high impedance ones... hehe

Injector impedance and you (or, why I am an idiot)

Generally speaking, there are two types of injector impedances

Low impedance (~3 ohm for ND injectors) and High impedance (~13 ohm ND injectors)

Now, most standard/factory fuel injection systems use High impedance injectors, where as high performance applications and after market ECU/FI systems can use both, although low impedance is preferred as they respond faster than high.

Toyota uses low impedance injectors in some of its higher performing engines (7MGTE, 3SGTE, etc) from the factory.

my mistake was, i bough 440cc black top 7MGTE injectors, which are low impedance, and my ecu is only able to control high impedance injectors

I have two options to fix this;

a. get different injectors

b. make resistor packs for the injectors, to bring the impedance up to ~13 ohm needed by the ECU.

Since I am lazy, I am going to go with a and replace the injectors with high impedance ones.

it's fairly easy to fit a 4agze or 7mgte resistor pack, or the modified bosch hi impedance top-feed injector dynamics items have been getting rave reviews and cost less than a set of sards etc...

Did you do any damage to the injector drivers trying to drive the low impedance injectors? That's usually an easy way to burn them out.

Edited by CHA54

it's fairly easy to fit a 4agze or 7mgte resistor pack, or the modified bosch hi impedance top-feed injector dynamics items have been getting rave reviews and cost less than a set of sards etc...

Did you do any damage to the injector drivers trying to drive the low impedance injectors? That's usually an easy way to burn them out.

i got the 360's for free so i am not too concerned.

when i want to run more boost than they can handle i will get resistor packs and switch to the 440s.

I hope i didn't burn out the injector drivers.... if i did i will just grab another 5sfe ecu and stick it in, lol.

started it tonight, ran OK.... bit rough though... so on the plus side, i didn't f*ck the injector drivers.

its leaking coolant like a bitch from the turbo, will need to replace the seals in it... also, i managed to blow my ic piping and loose a bit :(

it seems to spool but no boost... wastegate flap might be open, or maybe not working... ? can anyone think of any other reasons for no boost.

another reason for running the smaller injectors is tuning.

Without a wideband O2 i cannot safely pull or add fuel, the 360cc with the stock ECU function well enough for me to only have to pull timing when on boost.

not the best solution, but will do until i get a wideband.

once i have one, i will prob put the 440cc in with resistorpacks.

called toyota to get some prices for bits today....

turbo coolant gasket... $5.67 which is fair enough

oil hose... $107!!! for a small piece of rubber that goes between the oil return and the sump!

I think i will come up with a cheaper solution...

oil hose... $107!!! for a small piece of rubber that goes between the oil return and the sump!

Wouldn't that blue reinforced silicone hose cost cheaper than that :lol:

Yeah, Toyota really have some strange pricing.

Wouldn't that blue reinforced silicone hose cost cheaper than that :lol:

Yeah, Toyota really have some strange pricing.

yeah it is cheaper... need something oil rated though... back to the hose place over in rocklea i think... they should have something suitable

fixed up all the IC piping and started her last nite, still sounds like its got a pretty bad boost leak... havent taken it for a long drive yet, as its still got a coolant leak.

fixed the coolant leak, fixed the boost leak..

it boosts!!!! only running 5psi at the moment

need to finalise the oil return, set up the emanage to retard the timing, reset the base timing to 10deg BTDC

.... but it lives!!!

Awesome news. Hopefully I'm not too far behind getting the TX3 running, and then hopefully way ahead of you, with it running. :P

haha, it might be faster... until you blow a gearbox..