Radio, Climate Control, Mirrors, Cigarette lighter, NOT WORKING!!

Hi people,

Car is a 2003 Sportivo Corolla. Short story, girlfriend shorted out something in the cigarette lighter, now the radio won't turn on, neither will the display on the climate control(although can still turn the a/c and heater on etc just have no idea what setting its on), and the electric mirrors don't work at all.

I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay, and they all look good, even did a continuity test on each to prove it on each one.

Had a look around inside the car, in that compartment you can open on the right handside near the steering wheel, i pulled it out and behind it there is a single RELAY. Could this relay be the item i need to replace(as there is no labeling anywhere telling me what it is!)?

Where should i be looking, as i've looked behind the footwells, inside engine bay etc and can't find a fuse for accessories.... Maybe i'm a noob lol.

If someone could please help that would be great.

Thankyou!

Chris

Hi people,

Car is a 2003 Sportivo Corolla. Short story, girlfriend shorted out something in the cigarette lighter, now the radio won't turn on, neither will the display on the climate control(although can still turn the a/c and heater on etc just have no idea what setting its on), and the electric mirrors don't work at all.

I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay, and they all look good, even did a continuity test on each to prove it on each one.

Had a look around inside the car, in that compartment you can open on the right handside near the steering wheel, i pulled it out and behind it there is a single RELAY. Could this relay be the item i need to replace(as there is no labeling anywhere telling me what it is!)?

Where should i be looking, as i've looked behind the footwells, inside engine bay etc and can't find a fuse for accessories.... Maybe i'm a noob lol.

Thankyou!

Chris

Kickpanels? Fuseboxes love to hide in there

Hi people,

Thankyou!

Chris

need to pull the glove box out to access the interior fuse box

I'm not the most familiar with the Corolla, but if you can't see a blown fuse from the fuse panel inside the car (kolourhero mentioned behind the glove box), then I would have a look at your fusible links in the engine bay. Fusible links feed more accessories though like your A/C blower, so that may be out of the question for now.