Lukey Ultra Flo Muffler, anyone got this?

STRAIGHT THROUGH DESIGN - Lukey Ultra Flo

This design delivers the best performance of all the Glass Packs. Usually manufactured using a mandrel bent perforated tube, the flow of exhaust gas is virtually unrestricted. They are exceptionally quiet for their design, delivering 10 to 20 dB noise attenuation. The larger the muffler the quieter the resultant noise level the density of the glass is also a factor as to how well this type of muffler performs.

It will supply a deep note due to its ability to absorb high frequency noise.

http://www.lukey.com.au/default.asp?pageid...=94&cnid=21

being straight-through the ultraflow would be quite loud on your car. You'd want to go for at least an offset-in/center out or offset-in/offset-out on opposite sides with the biggest body which will fit under the car, it will still be quite loud with the charger though.

being straight-through the ultraflow would be quite loud on your car. You'd want to go for at least an offset-in/center out or offset-in/offset-out on opposite sides with the biggest body which will fit under the car, it will still be quite loud with the charger though.

yeah the car is just way too loud atm , looking at a 5"round mid muffler and a quite rear muffler for the car. Thinking of the twinloop or maybe the triple flow if the ultraflow would be still too loud.

jeff

Edited by vvti16v

the tri-flow looks capable of muffling a bit of sound, i guess the theory being the exhaust gases are circulating for a longer period in the muffler.

yeah, i think this colud be better then the twinloop.....

Edited by vvti16v

ok i have done more research and foud the following mufflers (I think this will be the biggest that can fit to the hatch)

Xforce MP02

size: 10in x 6in x 16in

Flow: stright through

material: S/S

Price $200

rh3khk.jpg

Burkey Oval

Flow: stright through with offset

material: MS

Price $130

znm1c7.jpg

I think the Burkey will give a lower sound output been offset.

from memory 16" is about the longest you can go body-wise, longer than that and the hangers get more difficult.

Edited by CHA54

Let me know how you go with this.

It was either the MP02, I think berklee have a 6 x 11 x 20" if your after some more sound suppression. But not sure about the difficulty in getting one installed.

The tri-flow would give more superior sound suppression, only problem is that it will have higher restriction obviously. So if your after quiet then the tri-flow is the best that you can find. If your after performance, then offset straight through, with the biggest muffler body you can physically stick under there.

...and I doubt you have a 2.5" exhaust and a supercharger which does make it excessively loud.

2.25", but no supercharger unfortunately :P

ok i have done more research and foud the following mufflers (I think this will be the biggest that can fit to the hatch)

Xforce MP02

Flow: stright through

material: S/S

Price $200

rh3khk.jpg

Burkey Oval

Flow: stright through with offset

material: MS

Price $130

znm1c7.jpg

I think the Burkey will give a lower sound output been offset.

MP02 is a great muffler... i had it on my 4AGE... was a really pleasent note.

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

MP02 does fit. Its on my car and I do love the sound of it :D .

Definately worth it for the price increase over the berkley I think.

Thanks mate......

the muffler looks pretty low, how far is it off the ground?

Atm its probably about 110mm off the ground. But that's because of my ride height :whistling:

Hows the noise level on the MP02?? Drone on the highway??

spose that all depends on the reonatoryou put in.

Sounds like a good plan, atm I have 2 x 300mm resonator so the MP02 shouldnt be too bad.

No drone. Its practically dead quiet lol.

spose that all depends on the reonatoryou put in.

Sounds like a good plan, atm I have 2 x 300mm resonator so the MP02 shouldnt be too bad.

I've got two resonators as well, I've always been a bit hesistant with the MP02 as not many people seem to have them. So it was hard to get a feel of how loud/quiet it would be. I guess I'll have to make a decision by this weekend :D