HID's for the Aurion

DUB

hey guys

newbie here, pls be nice.... =)

i'm looking to get a 7000K HID kit for my aurion and i've searched the faq but couldn't find what i was after...

but can anybody tell me what sort of plugs does the aurion uses for its headlights? (is it h4, h3, hb4 etc?)

thx!!

welcome abord! there a h11 my friend. all the people that have got them have brough them off ebay for about 70 bucks it think.

DJKOR is a good person to ask about that, im sure he will post up sometime today, if not send him a PM :)

welcome abord! there a h11 my friend. all the people that have got them have brough them off ebay for about 70 bucks it think.

DJKOR is a good person to ask about that, im sure he will post up sometime today, if not send him a PM :)

thx for the quick reply dude, love your ride

$70 for a HID kit? i'm assuming it's a typo because all the brand new HID kits i've bought in the past have been sold for at least $500??

Edited by DUB

nup thats what they cost, under 100 anyway. i know of 4 or so ppl having the same ones in there car and no troubles as yet. i think there 8000k tho. DJKOR will be able to explain to u better he has done a few of them. i dont have any in mine so i dont no sh|t about them lol

Yes - Due to competition and the Asian markets getting in on HID's you will find all different bulb types for around $60-$90 delivered to your door.

Depending on your luck these will last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years or more.

The quality is not as good as your name brands, but lets face it, if you buy 4 sets which will last at least 2years will set you back half the price of the name brands

Did somebody call my name? :D I'm just busy at work so can't be on as much as I used to be. Anyways, lets see how I go:

... i've searched the faq but couldn't find what i was after...

I will take note and ammend the FAQ's when I get the chance. There was a link there to a good thread (LED and HID and Kangaroos), but I guess I should reword the text surrounding it.

Back on topic, yes your low beams and fog lights both use the H11 style bulb base. As for the cost of the kits, I will be repeating myself, but to save time:

So with the HID's, how much you really want to spend is up to you. Most people feel more secure buying a kit with a bit of cost to it. I guess it gives the sense of quality. Now it is true that paying extra for quality is worth it, but only if you spend it on a kit in which that extra money pays for the build and not for a senseless profit. If I was to go for HID's, I would personally go for a kit off eBay that is between $60 to $100 (shipping included). The thing with cheap kits is that there is bound to be a faulty kit out there somewhere, and when someone talks about it, the cheap kits get a bad reputation. If this happens to the expensive kit, the blame usually shifts to the end user and the reputation of the more expensive kit is saved. Either way, most of this stuff is made in the same place, so a kit off eBay for $60 to $100 should be fine.

I've had some pretty good luck with the cheap kits and don't have any issues with them. When you think about it, a HID lamp is pretty precise in construction as is the ballast that is used to drive it. There has to be some form of standards used when making these things otherwise the simplest of inaccuracies can cause them not to work in the first place.

As for the colour temperature of 7000k, even though it is possible, it is not common to find. I would stick with either 6000k if you want something really bright (very pure white), or 8000k if you want something that looks good (more bluish white). Bearing in mind, even though the 8000k is not as bright as 6000k, it is still WAY brighter than halogen.

Can i gt them at that price for mine?

Of course you can. The kits that are around the $60-$100 come in all bulb designs.

i have a 6000k el cheapo kit off ebay (pretty sure its the exact same one as djkor)...

i've had mine installed for a while now (djkor has had his in for longer than me) and its working absolutely fine... my only "issue" is the brightness of the light in the rain...

dunno why, but it doesnt light up the road that well (still good enough!) compared to when its dry...

dunno why, but it doesnt light up the road that well (still good enough!) compared to when its dry...

Nothing is best for penetrating through rain than yellow light. That's why you see those yellow fog lights. At least the HID's are good for lighting up street signs and road markings. That helps in the wet.

Of course you can. The kits that are around the $60-$100 come in all bulb designs.

Daryl, if you can find me a kit, that would be greatly appreciated...

i have recently noticed that one light bulb in my car is starting to go... so a replacement bulb would be best off spent on a HID kit :P

Evo

Daryl, if you can find me a kit, that would be greatly appreciated...

i have recently noticed that one light bulb in my car is starting to go... so a replacement bulb would be best off spent on a HID kit :P

Evo

This is something Drew recommended but Daryl say 50W is too bright, the price is highly than what Daryl recommended also.. you might want to take alook at the website though..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=370195239227

would not a good compromise be to get a 4800k kit? it's not pure white, still a slight tinge of yellow. actually doesn't look too bad and imo provides best all round lighting. Had 6000k in my last car, great compared to halogen but I'd be tempted to go the 4800k.

After installing $500 HID kits onto customers cars and then installing $150 kits onto my own car, there is absolutely no difference between them. Only thing is to make sure you're buying from an Australia seller as it helps GREATLY with warranty.A ballast in mine died, sent it back and had a new ballast in a week. Won't get that from somebody in China :)

And yes, I would recommend the MARS Blue/Yellowpack HID's. I know a lot of people who have installed them and had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

gadgetmaster.com.au is where I sourced my previous setup. Price-wise it's between ebay and genuine retailers, but I never had any trouble with mine and being local it arrived quickly and the communication was great.

Also a great selection.

would not a good compromise be to get a 4800k kit? it's not pure white, still a slight tinge of yellow. actually doesn't look too bad and imo provides best all round lighting. Had 6000k in my last car, great compared to halogen but I'd be tempted to go the 4800k.

if i had my time again, i'd most likely go for the 4800k...

the 6k one looks great, but after driving with them for a while now, i reckon the 4800k ones would be a better compromise...

daryl, the ones in my old accord euro are just as 'white/blue' as these 6000k ones, but the vision in the rain was much better... dunno how that works.. :huh:

Who here can source me a decent and not overpriced HID kit?

Thanks,

Evo

I have asked for a quote in Brisbane area before, the guy quoted $300 (inclusive of installation) with 1 year warranty. I know quite alot of Asians get it done over there so not sure whether you are interested? Just PM me if you are interested so that i can give you the address of the place.

A good compromise, but then again.... I didn't buy my HID's for seeing things on the road any better. It's all about the looks for me. My eyesight is fine as it is and the HID's at 8000k don't seem to be an issue yet. I'm actually tempted to go up to 10,000k now.

daryl, the ones in my old accord euro are just as 'white/blue' as these 6000k ones, but the vision in the rain was much better... dunno how that works.. :huh:

Most OEM HID's are usually 4,300k. Some go up to 5000k, but 4,300k is the most common. What makes it really blue is all in the design of the projector. The ones on the Aurion are built for halogen and aren't always the best optics. HID projectors on the other hand are constructed of better quality and are designed for the lamp being used.

Thats all well and good,

but i am looking for a 8k HID kit that wont give me any troubles...

any help greatly appreciated ;)

Evo

Thats all well and good,

but i am looking for a 8k HID kit that wont give me any troubles...

HID's in a reflector housing will create a bit of glare. Putting 8000k in there will be slightly dimmer than 6000k and you should be fine with most cops. You have blue number plate lights anyways and don't seem to have issues there, so I reckon you would be fine.

If I was to suggest a kit, I would suggest most kits you find on eBay. They do the trick just fine. I have bought from the eBay seller 'SUNSTAR-HID' and haven't had any issues with 3 different sets. It's really up to you how much you want to spend on re-assurance.