Highway Driving

Hey everybody,

Just had a question for the members who drive 05 sportivo's, when you are on the freeway doing 100km, where are your revs sitting?

Mine are between 3000rpm to 3500rpm, and it is quite loud to be honest.

Is this normal or mine running hi revs?

Could it be my tires that are doing this?

Any advice or feedback would be great.

Thanks

Denz

Hey,

I have an 2006 Corolla and the Revs are around 2850rpm. This is considered high for the 06 as I was told by the dealer. However when they checked the revs using a handheld computer the revs were around 2500. They told me my tachometer was faulty. I just told them not to mess around with the car any more because they had already stuffed up h idling valve and the car vibrates crazilly when idleing.

Hope this helps

Hey everybody,

Just had a question for the members who drive 05 sportivo's, when you are on the freeway doing 100km, where are your revs sitting?

Thanks

Denz

Hey Mate,

I thought the same thing about my S'Tivo when I took it for it's first long test drive up to cairns. Sitting on 100/110 is was up around the mark, but to give you an idea about fuel economy, we still managed to get 650kms out of the tank, and that wasn't even with the light on yet, so say maybe in total 700kms highway driving. To me, it sounded a bit loud as well, and I thought "man, this thing needs another gear", but i'm guessing because it's a high reving engine, driving @ 100/110 @ 3500rpm isn't going to be stressing it at all.

I've got nankang tyres on as well.

Hey everybody,

Thanks

Denz

That is normal Denz, when i drive at 120km it go near 4000rpm. when drive 100km around rpm you mention above.

I agree vvtli making a loud noise and i think it build to be

Cheers,

SG

Due to the gearing on the box (which is considered close ratio) the revs while cruising at 100 will sit that high. The non-sportivo model has a different gearbox so the rpm cannot be compared between them. The Nankangs might very well be causing the high noise levels. The variable lift has nothing to do with the noise as you aren't on the high cam.

Your car sounds perfectly fine. Mine sits at 3400 with 205/50/r16s on at 100km/h in 6th.

When Toyota said a short close ratio gearbox, they meant it.

You know, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I drove down to Penrith the other day. Going along the m4 at 110km/h My revs were sitting at around 3.5k revs

i got 205/65R17's... in gear 6... for every 1k RPM i do, thats 30km.... 3,000RPM = 90km/h. 4,000RPM = 120km/h, 5,000RPM = 150km/h. etcetc...

Edited by 123R-Prozak