Replace parcel shelf

DJKOR

what about those bass engines they put under seats to make it feel like you have more bass, do they still make them>

I remember those. Aurora Bass Shakers they used to be called. They are effective, but inside a car they lose some of their potential. On top of that, you'll then have to add another amp or two to drive them, plus they weigh quite a bit because it's like a subwoofer but instead of moving a cone, it moves a large metal mass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Daryl...just wondering if there are any handy tips for removing the parcelshelf? I also noticed in the pic your C pillar trim is missing,will this stay in place w/out the parcelshelf?

my vibration is that bad it's affecting my sound in a bad bad way. :angry: time to take action.

Cheers Lee

Yeah, the music really doesn't sound so clean with the parcel shelf rattling. I am yet to do anything about mine. Mainly because I am always so lazy.

As for taking the parcel shelf off, you will need to take those grey covers off the c-pillars. They 'lock' into the side of the parcel shelf so there is no way around it. Don't be surprised is a clip or two fall off and down into the boot area. This may then be followed by swearing of all sorts because you need to take the trim out of your boot to find them depending on where they fall.

Once those are off, you can remove the parcel shelf by starting on the two sides and then working on lifting up the front edge. You can do this with the rear of the seat still attached (minus the head rests). Then you slide the parcel shelf forward (as pull it towards the front of the car) and work on taking it out. Need to loosen the seat belts a bit. The parcel shelf will still remain attached by the seat belts this way.

Thanks...will have a go at it tomorrow.

Lee, your parcel shelf is just shaking to the rhythm of your BIG ICE system..

I wish the rattle was in rhythm with the beat,but it aint so it's gotta go... :( :lol: :( :lol: :(

I wish the rattle was in rhythm with the beat,but it aint so it's gotta go... :( :lol: :( :lol: :(

I rate the rattling parcel shelf up there with watching a movie and getting to the quiet dialogue parts and you can hear the person next to you breathing.

So any alternatives planned, or just going to remove it completely like I was thinking, then getting something to make it look neat.

I rate the rattling parcel shelf up there with watching a movie and getting to the quiet dialogue parts and you can hear the person next to you breathing.

So any alternatives planned, or just going to remove it completely like I was thinking, then getting something to make it look neat.

Yep just removing it completly,can't stand it anymore,can only use about 15% volume at the moment before it kicks in (what a joke) :angry:

i'm going to see a motor trimmer i know and give him the shelf...he suggested using it as a template to make one out of a dense foam rubber and cover in material to match the interior. :g:

• 3 years later...

Hey Lee, I know this is old as now...... But did you ever sort something out re: getting a foam/rubber shelf made up?

Or Daryl, you ever come up with anything else to work?

Cheers guys, I used heaps of foam in-between all the bits that contact but still pretty bad, might have to stay out for now.

Us Brissie fellas don't like to talk about it, but I doubt he'll be returning to the forums.

Im relatively new to the forums, I notice he used to be quite active here up until a short while ago, just curious what happened?

I will throw in my 2 cents as Couzellion asked if there was another option.

You can either

A ) Remove the foam and if the metal under is smooth or looks nice you can Vinyl wrap it possible use CF wrap if you like the look

B ) Use a thin MDF board and paint or wrap that and have that replace the shelf it will be a lot better than plastic

C ) You can use material (cotton or pleather) and wrap that around the foam that is already there and that won't rattle

All these options will be under $30 and I have done the pleather wrap for a few auto projects and it works well Just get some marine grade vinyl material from bunnings and the spray on glue and you are good to go :)

Edited by NiN^_^NiN