Thursday night Dinner meet up

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person I have held up over Nebo is Northy!!

You forgot to mention I was in the Yaris..... :P:P

Northy when you were in the Yaris you held me up :D The time Im talking about you had the SS

no way im bringing that tankie car of mine to nebo.. it'll juz be a hindrance to everyone on the road. lol.. im bringin another ride for nebo.. 1/3 the size and weight of the kluger, although it still has a T badging, doesn't equate to Toyota but. :spiteful:

just about everyone i expect tonight is reading this thread right now.

gav, if your coming in with me, be at my place 6.45pm.

i've got my parking sorted. i would love to come for a mountain run, but i got commitments 5.45am tomorrow.

i don't think ive ever done nebo in the stivo, unbelievable

whitestivo

So who's meetin at the loop later? wat time will the rest of you be done with dinner? is the usual 9pm a good time to meet up at the loop?

does someone want to answer this question for the second time we have asked it...hello??????

do we bother coming or not???

Edited by ELEGNT

Hi guys

Had a good time tonight.

First time doing Nebo in the dry in the new car - must say it is quite an experience and takes some getting used to. It's hard to really find the limit without scaring myself ****less....Car seems a lot more tail happy but very controllable even when you screw up a little and can feel the computers doing all the work when you enter a corner too fast.

Great job keeping up Daryl! The Aurion is not to be scoffed at, that's for sure. I would like to try it again in the daytime when visibility and hence confidence is higher.

See you soon

Edit: Removed reference

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Sorry about the car, Lawrence, hope you get it fixed up real soon. Doesn't seem like that is that much damage to the car itself, hopefully you'll be running as good as new in no time!

Plz xpln!? :o

Gav.

Yes, has the 11TWO been deaded?

Tooty fruity,

Gav.

nothing too serious, just a little ding in the back lower sill and a busted wheel.

Hi guys

Had a good time tonight.

First time doing Nebo in the dry in the new car - must say it is quite an experience and takes some getting used to. It's hard to really find the limit without scaring myself ****less....Car seems a lot more tail happy but very controllable even when you screw up a little and can feel the computers doing all the work when you enter a corner too fast.

Great job keeping up Daryl! The Aurion is not to be scoffed at, that's for sure. I would like to try it again in the daytime when visibility and hence confidence is higher.

See you soon

Edit: Removed reference

it was a pretty intense ride, fun as hell tho. thanks for bringing me along elgin :)

it was a pretty intense ride, fun as hell tho. thanks for bringing me along elgin :)

No worries mate....I'm still getting used to how the car handles. Reckon next time I can push her harder! Learnt that if ASC is "half off" the car will not limit the throttle so

. The snap oversteering is certainly something new, when in the TRD all I had to worry about was understeer. Apparently it is the active yaw control doing that snapping motion to push the car into the apex of the turn and reduce understeer.

Have to bring it to a skidpan or some driver training day to learn how to control it properly.

No worries mate....I'm still getting used to how the car handles. Reckon next time I can push her harder! Learnt that if ASC is "half off" the car will not limit the throttle so
. The snap oversteering is certainly something new, when in the TRD all I had to worry about was understeer. Apparently it is the active yaw control doing that snapping motion to push the car into the apex of the turn and reduce understeer.

Have to bring it to a skidpan or some driver training day to learn how to control it properly.

I reckon next time when I actually have new tires and a few little tweaks, I'll still keep up with you :P

No one should EVER doubt the Aurion :lol:

I reckon next time when I actually have new tires and a few little tweaks, I'll still keep up with you :P

No one should EVER doubt the Aurion :lol:

i think the crazy-***** driver has alot to do with it...

Dinner was great, I second SBs suggestion that we try to do it monthly. Better then standing out in the cold!

Was a good change of scene and at a time I can make :D

Thanks to North for the ride last night too.

I don't want to get into the "I'm faster than you" kind of debate which pushes people to go harder and harder, and usually ends up as a white cross on the side of the road....which is why I always concede defeat. :D Everyone drives to their own limit, as long as we all have fun and live to talk about it, it's all good......

Mmmm September QR....