05 SPORTIVO TEST DRIVE

btw does anyone know what the right time is for the first service?  The log book says 5,000kms but they told me 1,000kms at the dealership.  Now that I have almost done 1,000kms can I drive it as hard as I like?

I'll certainly be taking my car in for 1000km service and get the engine oil changed as well. My car has done just over 500kms now and I couldn't resist myself from redlining it tonight in first gear and it'll probably be the last until I change the engine oil.

BTW, does everyone get 'shoooshh~' (sort of metallic noise) when you are on the gas? I can't really remember whether that noise was there or not when I first got it. I'm thinking that it's probably just some sort of induction noise but just wanna make sure it's normal.

Thanks for the advice.  I am from Melbourne, so I will pop into Lemans Toyota. 

Do you know if there is a waiting period since these come from South Africa.  I am glad they now have the problem sorted out with the ECU.

Regards

Gtapex :)

i dont recommend Le Mans Toyota, their prices are not very competitive.

Yep, I learnt the hard way :rolleyes:

so are you guys saying that when the 1,000km service is performed, they do not change the oil?

i was under the impression that the oil is changed and the vehicle is checked for inspection?

:unsure:

Edited by Cheeky Age

I just checked and the guy said no oil change at 1,000km service that costs extra. Apparently Toyota don't think it is necessary until 10,000kms but the mechanic said he prefers to do it at 5,000kms.

how sneaky!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

here i am thinking my oil is changed.

its not a bad thing though that the oil hasnt been changed at 1000kms is it?

im now up to 2800 kms.

It should be changed sooner rather than later adrian. To get rid of any shaving/filing or any other cr@p that might be floating around with the runing of the engine ;)

thanks for the advice craig.

are you suggesting i change the oil asap? im not ruining anything am i?

im still in shock as i was so under the impression that the oil was changed.

so what the F did they do then? check the brakes, vacuum my floor mats? :angry:

To date, I've never bought/driven a car that didn't get its engine oil changed at 1000km. I was shocked to find out that it wasn't compulsory with Corolla Sportivo.

Other manufacturers will often void your warranty if you miss the 1000km.

Well the oil that is in there is good enough for u to keep driving around .... The catch here is have u shaved and metal off due to running the car in etc etc etc and as its not guranteed u would have they decided oh well lets leave it upto the end customer............ Which mind u i think is shocking and not really customer focused as not all people know that in actual fact it might be a bad thing to keep the oil over the 1000km

Yeah get that oil out of there Adrian.

They cant void your warranty over it because they dont specify to change it.

Its easy enough to change the oil yourself if you have a set of ramps.

Just make sure you use a genuine oil filter.

My dealer told me they have no problem with me changing the oil between their scheduled services as long as I use a genuine oil filter.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the advice mick. ;)

i will do a complete oil change just to be safe asap.

do u guys know if its worth getting a trd oil filter or is the standard toyota geniune oil filter just as good ?

thanks for the advice mick.  ;)

do u guys know if its worth getting a trd oil filter or is the standard toyota geniune oil filter just as good ?

Don't know the specs of the TRD one but OEM is good enough, even for the odd track use.

thanks for the advice mick.  ;)

Don't know the specs of the TRD one but OEM is good enough, even for the odd track use.

OEM ??? :unsure:

knowing not much about cars except how fast they go can someone explain to me (or give me a link) what a TRD CAI and a CES system is/does, etc.  :blink:

A TRD CAI is the combination of piping and pod filter to replace ur standard air box (the big black thing on the right hand side of ur engine bay behind ur battery) What the CAI (cold air induction) does for u is allow for more cold air to get to your engine. The standard airbox is very restrictive and is shocking for performance.... Results in putting this on ur car have varied from gaining 6kw at the wheel to 9 kw at the wheels.

The CES system is a customer exhaust which was custom built for the stivo by a company called CES in QLD. It is larger than the standard exhaust and has a sports muffler which allows for better flow. Again results from this have varied with one member only gaining 1kw at the wheel and another gaining 9kw at the wheels. On average the gain has been around 6kw at the wheels from this system.

Hope that helps

knowing not much about cars except how fast they go can someone explain to me (or give me a link) what a TRD CAI and a CES system is/does, etc.  :blink:

A TRD CAI is the combination of piping and pod filter to replace ur standard air box (the big black thing on the right hand side of ur engine bay behind ur battery) What the CAI (cold air induction) does for u is allow for more cold air to get to your engine. The standard airbox is very restrictive and is shocking for performance.... Results in putting this on ur car have varied from gaining 6kw at the wheel to 9 kw at the wheels.

The CES system is a customer exhaust which was custom built for the stivo by a company called CES in QLD. It is larger than the standard exhaust and has a sports muffler which allows for better flow. Again results from this have varied with one member only gaining 1kw at the wheel and another gaining 9kw at the wheels. On average the gain has been around 6kw at the wheels from this system.

Hope that helps

I won't comment on the hp gain from the TRD CAI since someone in a Blue Stivo with stock intake recently pipped me Stivo by 0.9kw on the Dyno :ph34r: plus i never dynoed my car before the fitment of the TRD CAI Dyno results are too lengthy and controversial to go through in detail but the CAI mod will give your car an excellent induction note and that is worth every penny already not to mention the added performance gain.

The CES exhaust system is a very nice sounding exhaust system imo and is not the usual loud crappy exahaust systems you hear attached to other 4cylinder cars. It has a deep note and when you give it full throttle sounds beautiful! When i had the CAI on i thought my car sounded great already but after hearing a few Stivos with the CES cat back exhaust on, it defintelyis something i would get if its higher up on my priority list :D

Just something i would mention too is that with the CAI, Exhaust and UNICHIP the Stivo has produced some pretty good results. For about $2500-3000 you can expect close to 130kw atw (approx. 15kw gain atw from stock), so about 160kw at the flywheel (up from 141kw stock). Now again there are too many variables that affect dyno results so these figures are based on a 20% loss of power from the drivetrain and assuming the car has 115kw atw stock and 141 kw at the flywheel to start with. I will stress that the UNICHIP is the most crucial mod among them as it fine tunes what the CAI and Exhaust has done to your air/fuel ratio and ignition timing etc.

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA