Changed headunit

I changed my stock stereo unit today on my 04 sportivo. Replaced it with a sony xlpod unit. Reason; CDs were stuck in my stacker and unable to eject.

Anyway, at the end, i was left with a black wire, which i thought was the ground wire, but the ground wire is actually brown.

Iv done some research and the black wire is for the antenna trigger. I know this may sound stupid, but what is the antenna trigger (black wire) for exactly?

The antenna trigger provides +12v (some cases can be GND) when the head unit is turned on. This is for cars with automatic wind up/down antennas. In other words, you turn the head unit on, the antenna goes up; turn the head unit off, the antenna goes down.

The antenna trigger provides +12v (some cases can be GND) when the head unit is turned on. This is for cars with automatic wind up/down antennas. In other words, you turn the head unit on, the antenna goes up; turn the head unit off, the antenna goes down.

In addition, can also be used to trigger powered antenna's turning on - I think Echo's have a powered antenna from memory.

This problem happenend to me aswell. Just the other day my stacker wouldnt let me eject any CDs and kept saying error 3. Now its not even recognising that there are CDs in the stacker.

This problem happenend to me aswell. Just the other day my stacker wouldnt let me eject any CDs and kept saying error 3. Now its not even recognising that there are CDs in the stacker.

Yeah just get a new unit man. i bought a nice Sony cdx-gt680ui, $300 at JB - usb, aux, quick browzer n can change illumination color. and you can get the corolla pocket for $19 at JB aswel