Performance Toyota

whitestivo

Well, i was out with some friends from toyota company from japan, and we got talking about cars

first thing i learnt is that the RUNX in japan is prounced as one syllable, not the RUN-X that i was saying. that was source of much amusement for them.

so then the question got to what decent cars toyota makes today. we talked about the blade, but said too heavy, and we kept going back to supra.

yes there is caldina, but that is family car to them, something really sporty,,, what does toyota make today, i realised i just didn't know.

shame they don't work at nissan, coudl bring a r35 GTR over for me, if only had $85,000, what they cost in japan, should have seen their shock when i told them it was 170K here.

whitestivo

Mark X is like the new Aristo / Chaser ? :)

The Mark X is the successor to the JZX110 Mark II (2000 - 2004).

During the days of the JZX90 & 100, there was Mark II, Chaser & Cresta.

When the JZX110 came, there was the new Mark II, Mark II Blit (FR Wagon which replaced the Camry Gracia-based Mark II Qualis.) & Verossa (I'd say that this replaced Chaser, as this was marketed as a sports sedan.).

Funny you should ask. Everyone, including me, thought the financial crisis would kill these off.

First of all, the Lexus LF-A has been released. V10 muscle and all that.

More relevant to your question, however, the Subaru - Toyota collaboration (known as 086-A, as in AE86 i would imagine) is about to be unveiled in the coming months. One variant from each manufacturer so the press is leading us to believe.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Breaking-New...tor-Show-45732/

http://www.examiner.com/x-11005-San-Jose-S...ng-our-way-soon

dont let the financial crisis trick you. in the US in the 50s and 60swhen the economy was crap, chrysler, dodge and ford were releasing new models that far exceeded their expected sales targets. hopefully history will repeat itself?

mark5, so 2jz motor?

Nup. It has a 3GR-FSE pushing 235kW @ 6,200RPM and 412Nm @ 3,600RPM. Car weighs 1,550kg excluding fuel, driver, etc... so it's kind of like the TRD Aurion in terms of power-to-weight. The Mark X just makes a little more torque and it comes on a bit sooner. The FR layout would be much better as well, just a shame it comes with auto only.