Evo's 1zz

Evo7

the standalone is a more expensive option, but will allow you more room to move in the long run.

the piggyback (regardless of the one you choose) is the cheaper one, but wont give you as much headroom if you wish to do more to your car.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PowerFC wont be able to control your supercharger clutch, so you would have to retain the blitz ECU aswell... In that config I'd get rid of the wires from the blitz ECU to the fuel injectors, so the PFC has full control over the injector pulsewidth.

You will need bigger injectors with a real ecu, do you know what AFR your current setup runs in the topend? Bigger injectors will allow you to run AFR's in the 11's in the topend, the extra fuel there will assist in cooling the intake charge seeing how you have no intercooler.

With a vipec you can get rid of the blitz ECU and setup a clutch control table/map. In my experience the vipec is a lot better than the powerfc, if you want more info about the differences see Pippy's 1zzfte build thread where I posted a lot of info.

An emanage blue could get you 100-115kw atw with the right tune. The issue there is the stock ECU will be trying to modify the timing when the ECU detects the slightest amount of knock, offsetting any changes you've made with the emanage timing maps. Same deal with the emanage ultimate.

I can sell you a secondhand emange blue with brand new main/ignition/fuel harnesses (wire-in) for $350. This will do the job fine but if you want to do any tuning/datalogging yourself you will also need the comms cable ($50 for an aftermarket one, $150 for genuine greddy).

PowerFC is around the $1000-1200 mark, then another $400-800 for tuning. If you ever want to do any of your own datalogging/tuning then you will also need a datalogit box to interface with a laptop, which is another $500ish.

Vipec V44 is around $1770 for a wire-in kit with a 2.5bar internal map sensor, my plug'n'play loom is now $300 for the ZZE122R. Tuning is on-top of that price and is also anywhere from $400-800 depending on who tunes it.

With any of the aftermarket ECU options, I would highly recommend installing a wide-band o2 sensor kit. These range in price from $300-1500

Thanks for that Jason :D

So what would you recommend for me to get next?

I have read through Pippy's thread and i think the Vipec will give me what i want, and can be used in other cars as you have said before.

The Emanage Blue would be good, but you have said that my stock ECU would try to modify the timing, and offsetting the changes... which would be completely pointless in having. If i get it tuned, i want it to stick, not try to change anything. (tuning isn't exactly cheap)

So should i:

a) Save up for a Vipec V44 Unit

B ) Get bigger Injectors (if so what would you recommend?)

c) Upgrade the fuel pump?

These look to be the next step me.

What shall i do?

Evo

I have decided that the best way to go from here is to get a Vipec V44 Aftermarket ECU.

Now just need a place where i can source one, and how much they are :o

I have just sent an email to Godzilla Motorsports up in Brisbane, so we'll see how it goes.

@Mr North reading this - Hello :lol:

Evo

The v44 ecu with 2.5bar map sensor with wiring loom,water & air temp is 1765.00 incl gst retail

With a 7 bar map sensor is 1914.00 incl gst retail..

Can prob get an adapter harness made up for approx 5 to 600.00

Dyno tuning is usually 4 to 650.00

Any questions email or call

Regards, mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Evan - Knobel Consulting [mailto:evan@knobelconsult.com.au]

Sent: Wednesday, 18 November 2009 8:28 AM

To: workshop@godzillamotorsport.com

Subject: Vipec V44 ECU

Evo7:

Hi There,

I am in the market for a Brand New Vipec V44 Aftermarket ECU for my 2003 Toyota Corolla.

How much is the V44 ECU?

And how much do you charge for Tuning, installing, and Dyno Run, etc.???

Thankyou,

So would it be worth the money?

Evo

figuring out it's value depends on how good you want your car to be...

With the vipec it's easy to use on any other engine when you upgrade to another car, so a lot more worthwhile than a vehicle-specific powerfc in that respect.

To get the results you're after you can get by with an emanage blue and 2zz injectors though. With a returnless fuel rail and walbro HP pump you will be maxing out the 2zz injectors at around running 11:1 AFR and 10psi of boost (every pound of boost on stock regulator offsets the fuel pressure reducing the volume injected).

I'd guess the emanage blue tuning would be around the $300-500 mark, Paul Crossley at Crosley Street and Race Engineering in Cooparoo has had experience tuning the emanage blue running a supercharged 1zzfe.

Edited by CHA54

Hello :D

After lengthy discussion between everyone i know, i have finally decided what i shall do about the ECU tune.

I will be aiming for a Greddy Emanage Blue with upgraded injectors (possibly 500cc) and a Walbro Fuel Pump.

so now that i have my target set, i will be working towards this, after a couple of mods i think :P

Mods to come:

New TRD Grille - colour coded - Pick up on Friday

Coilovers *cough* ;) :P

That will be all for this year.

Won't be done until sometime next year:

Greddy Emanage Blue

- 500cc injectors

- Walbro Fuel Pump.

After this is all done, i won't want to mod the car anymore, cause she will be perfect B) (in my eyes anyways :P)

Just a question,

If the battery is disconnected for an extended period of time, does it reset the settings of the tuning on a piggyback such as the Emanage Blue?

Evo

500cc isn't that big when you dont have a boost-referenced fuel pressure regulator.

some of MWR's modified Bosch 450cc's would do fine though, they use the EV1 plug style though so not a direct fit like sards.

it's built into the pump housing assembly in the fuel tank the same as all the new returnless systems. It tries to maintain a constant 44psi fuel pressure (from memory, I'd have to check the service manual to be sure that's the exact figure). Because it has no manifold vac/boost reference, it doesn't increase the fuel pressure to offset positive manifold pressure, which effectively reduces the injection volume for the defined pulsewidth.

it's built into the pump housing assembly in the fuel tank the same as all the new returnless systems. It tries to maintain a constant 44psi fuel pressure (from memory, I'd have to check the service manual to be sure that's the exact figure). Because it has no manifold vac/boost reference, it doesn't increase the fuel pressure to offset positive manifold pressure, which effectively reduces the injection volume for the defined pulsewidth.

makes sense... interesting way of doing it though.

I am used to/can understand the setup on my car... that was all new to me :P

Well, i finally got my TRD Sports Grille back from the spray painter, and it looks exceptional B)

i have just fitted the mesh that goes onto it, and i will fit the grille on the car when i get home :yahoo:

Evo