[SYD] TOYOTA FEST 2009

Toymods car club is proud to present the annual

TOYOTA FEST Car Show 2009

http://toyotafest.info

READING CINEMAS

100 Parramatta Road, Auburn NSW

Sunday, 4th October 2009

For the 6th year running we're again, heading back to the original home of Capitol Motors Toyota and all Toyota owners are welcome.

The previous years of this Annual event have proved very successful with the number of entrants only getting stronger and more diverse. You won't see a larger collection of Toyota's all in one spot anywhere else in Australia!

To be eligible to enter the vehicle must be Toyota bodied, any engine and driveline combination is welcome. You DO NOT have to be a member of the Toymods Car Club to enter and we encourage other Toyota clubs to present club displays.

Entry fee is $10 per vehicle to cover event overheads. Spectators are FREE

Trophy classes and eligibility.

Best Original Classic - Best/Most Original vehicle Pre 1980

Best Modern Original - Best/Most Original vehicle available between 1981 and 1997

Best Commercial - Best over all mini truck, ute, van, etc...

Top Late Model - Best over all post 1998

Retro Tech - Best modified Classic with a modern flavour (pre 1980)

Best Engineered - Car best engineered for its purpose

WTF! That's not meant to be - Most adventurous mechanical modification

Street Sleeper - Most deceptive high performance car

Top engine bay - Best presented engine bay

Best paint & Panel - Best finish and fit

Best interior - Best finish and fit

Top Coupe - Highest overall scoring Coupe

Top Hatch - Highest Overall scoring Hatch

Entrants choice - Best overall as chosen by other entrants

Police choice - Best overall as picked by the local boys in blue

*NATHAN DEAN MEMORIAL TROPHY - Best Classic Celica (1971-1977)

BEST OF SHOW - Highest overall scoring vehicle

Entrants are encouraged to arrive from 7.30am with last entrants being accepted into the display at 8.50am for a 9am start. Trophy presentation and raffle will be done at 2.30pm. The display will close at 3.00pm with ALL cars remaining until then. In the interests of public safety NO vehicle may be moved or started during the display.

Again, Toymods, is organising a few 'side' events for the interstate enthusiasts. So to make their trip worthwile, we will be having a dinner and a drag night at WSID. Watch this thread for further details!!

See everyone there...

PS: You're car does not need to be in 'show condition' to enter. As long as it's neat and tidy (washing it is a great start), we'd love to see it in the show!

__________________________________________________ ________

Post Toyota Fest Official Activities!

Official Dinner Event

When: Sunday 4th October - TBC

Where: LOWENBRAU

Corner of Playfair & Argyle Streets

The Rocks,Sydney NSW 2000, Australia

Why: Beer and Pork Knuckle!

Cost: approx $30 mains

Official Drag Racing Night

When: Wednesday 7th October

Where: WSID (Western Sydney International Dragway)

Ferrers Rd, Eastern Creek NSW (Competitor and spectator entrances are seperate)

Why: to go fast...

Cost: $20 for spectators and $50 for competitors.

As per the normal street meet rules, you will require:

- Helmet

- Drivers license

- Long sleeve shirt and long pants (might be an idea to look at the Toymods racing shirts)

Gates open at 5pm and racing starts at 6pm until 10pm, so if you're racing make sure you get in early, it's not unheard of to be turned away at 6pm because there were too many cars.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope to see most of you guys there.

Well worth the effort to head along to guys.

the last 3 years the event has had coverage in magazines (both Fast Fours and Hot4s last year and previously by Zoom) there has been close to 100 cars for the last 3 years as well, making this one of the largest all Toyota shows in the country.

The show always have a good mix of cars from classics toyotas, both historic examples (standard) and modified to modern cars and even a few outlandish entries (perfect for WTF! awards)

... if you are the sort of person who doesn't want to stand around at a car show all day, this is perfect as well, as the cinema is right nextdoor and a great way to pass the time until the awards are handed out ;)

Police choice - Best overall as picked by the local boys in blue
LOL the Police will probably have a good time noting down plates

You've obviously never been to a Toymods event then....the cops are always informed beforehand of the event, most of the "illegal" cars at Toyfest arrive on trailers, and nobody acts like a *******, and the cops treat us with a lot of respect.

it so happens that the place is also the part-time location of some monthly meets

i can see a bunch of `Rollas attending the day ..... to spectate that is =)

Bill/Xoom mate, can we expect you to lead the way?? :spiteful:

Still tossing up between supporting ATOC or SRC.

Been a member of src for 4 or 5 years now and we are trying to make a big comeback on to the corolla car scene.

How about i just park in between both clubs. After all, i will have SRC and ATOC stickers both on the stivo.

just enter the car, why does it need to be associated with a club entry?

IMO it would look out of place with the SRC cars, plus they try to arange the single entry cars according to age/generation anyway so you could end up right next to the SRC cars anyhow.

There really isn't a way to accomodate if there was a ATOC club display as they try to keep the cars grouped together, and because there is a large varience in models represented by ATOC it's not really feasable. It would be kind of like Toymods trying to do a club display of all their cars (even though 1/2 the cars there are Toymods cars anyway).

Or just turn up all at the same time and park together :P

yeh that is a good idea lol but like mr2zz said they will try and arrange it by age and gen all like that see ur idea was good but i reckon the event organisers might have a b*tch and moan if we all park together

i think my mate might be goin as well

yeh that is a good idea lol but like mr2zz said they will try and arrange it by age and gen all like that see ur idea was good but i reckon the event organisers might have a b*tch and moan if we all park together

But has also been said, clubs tend to be focussed around particular age/gen cars anyway (since a large proportion of TOCAU is ZZE/ZRE Corollas, they'd tend to group together anyway). Last year they had most/all of the Supras together, and they tended to belong to the same club anyway. Grouping a club together is different to doing a club display.

But has also been said, clubs tend to be focussed around particular age/gen cars anyway (since a large proportion of TOCAU is ZZE/ZRE Corollas, they'd tend to group together anyway). Last year they had most/all of the Supras together, and they tended to belong to the same club anyway. Grouping a club together is different to doing a club display.

hmm i see where ur comin from. wat cars are u gonna bring with you and does anyone else reckon there will be other ae82's from the club going