what do people think about the kit

sikwitit

hey everybody im thinking about changing my body kit from the cb from carmate which i have already on the car also thinking about changine rims aswell i want people to say which combo they think is betta

here is how the car is at the moment

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3144071/4

it has a cb kit and 19inch davinci rangos was going to paint it majenta blue with ghost flames.

the kit im thinking about changing to i will be painting it 2tone black and white with this kit

front bumper

http://www.bodykits.com/VIS-Racing/Front-B...nt-Bumper/5669/

side

http://www.bodykits.com/Versus-Motorsport/...BW850SS/626698/

rear bumper

http://www.bodykits.com/Versus-Motorsport/...BW850RB/626308/

and a set of these volk gtc silver or gold which one u think i should get

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/volk-ra...68sgt3c8dfqg5u2

all these parts will be coming from america

i want peoples input so let your voice be heard

sean

Edited by sikwitit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to do the engine later on after i get my full licence right now im just trying to get the car to look right and right now it looks good but i think its time for a change make my camry different to all other camrys

sean

The kit you're after looks good...

Oi Sean,

If you want a fkin awesome front lip, try and find the Rod Millen made one. There IS a website that you can check for them... ask Adam when you're next on Auscam or when he's next on here. Search TN as well for the lip too... was only a recent topic with a link to Rhys Millen's business that still made em.

Perfect example on what they look like :

The fastest Camry on this planet's got one - they're made properly in wind tunnels... *drools* I WANT ONE!

for my personal, i would leave the car as normal. It cost at least $1500 on body kit and paint job. Rather than do it, i would spend that amount of money either on audio system such as DVD player, subwoof and speaker, or full leather interior, or save a bit money on airbag suspesion system.

all the best

i wanted a rmm lip but i couldnt find one so i went for a kit i knew was easy to get but even tho the car looks great its not wat i originaly had planed for this car i was going for a jdm look but now its more show then jdm

sean

for my personal, i would leave the car as normal. It cost at least $1500 on body kit and paint job. Rather than do it, i would spend that amount of money either on audio system such as DVD player, subwoof and speaker, or full leather interior, or save a bit money on airbag suspesion system.

all the best

i already have a kit

sean

thanks to a suggestion from whip cracker im going to leave changing the kit for now but if i can get a rmm lip i will get it but for now he has suggested something that will make my camry stand out make it either rear wheel drive or awd so im going to go talk to some different work shops and see what they can do and what they suggest i noe its going to cost heaps so dont say "u noe its going to cost heaps" or i will slap you lol jk

thanks whip now more of my hard earned cash is going towards my camry lol

sean

Hah,

I can just see a Camry archin up doin a u-turn at a set of lights with onlookers going :o :blink:

See how you go with it. If RWD or AWD are even possible, you'd need to be researching similar cars that used that drivetrain. I've got him to look into the SV21 Alltrac and the likes... might be a "bit from here and there" to make that kind of thing happen.

Hey Sean im curious mate, did that website quote you on a price? I tried to get in contact with them but they never got back to me.

yes they replyed to me did u send them ur full address if not they wil not respond to the email

to do the RWD or AWD, i doubt u will get much change if any out of $20K, the is massive work required tor RWD to the firewall. AWD u need the rest of the drive train for the rear

Edited by trentmeyer23

to do the RWD or AWD, i doubt u will get much change if any out of $20K, the is massive work required tor RWD to the firewall. AWD u need the rest of the drive train for the rear

i noe its going to cost heaps but it will make my camry unique no other camry in aus will be rear wheel drive or awd

sean

I guess the more research you do into the RWD or AWD change, the better. I dunno about 20k, but I'd imagine that it's the labour that'll cost the most.

You'd need to find someone that's skilled enough to make it happen, without them "umming and ahhhing" so to speak. I believe the fuel tank would have to be moved and all that kinda stuff... so yeah, it's not a walk in the park.

Put it this way - if it's possible, you'll have a 1 off car that no one has on the planet. If not, see if you can just BUY an SV21 Alltrac from Japan or the likes and do that up? You've seen Greg's Gen 2 (aka 89Camry), that thing is a work of art. I reckon if Greg had the Alltrac with the power that his car produces, that thing would kill nearly every car that's on the road today :)

The kit and wheels look good but man you just got a set! You're spending too much on looks imo. As long as you think it is worth forking out the money than yeah, but your camry already is unique!

thanks mate glad u like it i think it worth it to have a totaly unique camry

sean

hey everybody went and talked to some work shops today and i have made a disturbing discovery about my camry the guy at croydon racing development had a look at my car and he asked me did i noe the cars history i said it was owned by a elderly man thats all i knew but he said that my car was a reparable writeoff i asked how he knew that he had the car up on a jack at this point he showed me the rear of my car had been smashed in and some guy fixed it and made a complete mess of the job they said they can do the conversion but not on my car cause they could cut something and then the rear will colapes i was shocked :o he also pointed out parts that had be replaced now i noe y my boot doent line up properly man im so ****** off.

so i asked him about a 3sgte conversion he said they will do that no problem he said they can surply a motor but he said it would be better to suply my own doesnt cost as much they said they will do all the work including a manul conversion all the motor work and dyno they couldnt give me a quote cause to many variables but he said 10grand would be the minimum but they wont touch the rear of the car because if the rear colapses that is a bad image for such a reputable work shop so that killed my dreams.

might look into getting another gen3 that is not repared dont know anymore still quite ****** off

sean

Wow... stuff that!

Well, at least you know what condition the car's in! I prob shouldn't have mentioned the RWD conversion LOL! Would never have found out..

If you change the car, make sure you get a REVS check at least.

Nice...repairable write-off, good to see u did a REVS check when u bought it ;) Don't like the kit and wheels, ruins the look of it.

Edited by trentmeyer23

ah i bought it from a toyota dealership my dads friend suggested the car to him so he bought it off his recomendation dad not very happy im not either.

i noe you dont like kits on camrys trent lol but everyone has there own appionion.

i dont know what im going to do now im stuffed might buy another camry and try agian or keep my current camry and put a 3sgte and keep it front wheel drive.

i will let everyone know wat im going to do morrow not thinking straght at the moment right now i want to go up and stab the guy who sold me it in the face.

sean