what do people think about the kit

sikwitit

I'm sorry to hear about your car being a repairable write-off. I bought my car from a dealership too but I still called up vicroads to make sure it hadn't been in any serious accidents....generally dealers don't sell repaired write-offs....surprising....my advice to you - SELL THE CAR and DON'T SPEND ANYMORE MORE MONEY ON IT.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it sucks to hear about the situation... but that's life. I think in Qld the car needs to have a REVs check done if being sold by a dealer as well as a safety cert? Interesting.

Put it this way - you can take the car back to stock relatively easy, put the old rims back on it (or sell them ones... whatever).. I'd be putting the stockos back on purely because you won't get anything for rims on the car. Either look for a Cam the same colour so you can swap the body kit around on... look for a top quality private seller car. Look at the older generation people getting rid of their lil runaround Camry... they're the good ones :)

thanks for everones simpathy im acutualy looking into buyin a gen4 camry at the moment had a talk with my old man he said i should sell the car and start of with another car.

i have seen many gen4 camrys that look awsome done up so im going to try and find one thats in good condition and buy that and do something like this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/577671 i reali like how he has done his gen 4 looks reali good so i hope to have one that looks simaliar.

will keep everyone posted

sean

Damm bro thats sucks to hear...

The GEN4 Camrys look quite good when done up, better than the GEN5 I think.

If your lookin for 1 I have a V6 quad cam Camry in my garage, my uncle left it there the ***** said he was gonna pick it up after he got back from overseas. Well its been 5 years and he still hasnt come back lol

Dunno if it starts tho LoL would definately need a battery, I'll have to find out if he wants to sell it cos I'm gonna move house and I need it gone. Most likely he will, and he prob want peanuts for it too but I'll find out for you bro if you like

thanks for everones simpathy im acutualy looking into buyin a gen4 camry at the moment had a talk with my old man he said i should sell the car and start of with another car.

i have seen many gen4 camrys that look awsome done up so im going to try and find one thats in good condition and buy that and do something like this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/577671 i reali like how he has done his gen 4 looks reali good so i hope to have one that looks simaliar.

will keep everyone posted

sean

Sean,

If you want a high quality, and I mean high quality Gen 4, talk to "SupaTouring". Dave has a 98 or 99 Gen 4... manual I think. VERY nice car. That car was supercharged until that was sold to another friend of mine (also on this forum)

PM him on here or at Auscam... I was seriously thinking about buying it, but in between two minds on whether to keep my Gen 3 Tourer or not.

I'd seriously consider it.. it has all bushings done and maintained like brand new.

Sean,

If you want a high quality, and I mean high quality Gen 4, talk to "SupaTouring". Dave has a 98 or 99 Gen 4... manual I think. VERY nice car. That car was supercharged until that was sold to another friend of mine (also on this forum)

PM him on here or at Auscam... I was seriously thinking about buying it, but in between two minds on whether to keep my Gen 3 Tourer or not.

I'd seriously consider it.. it has all bushings done and maintained like brand new.

And its already has the much loved GTP kit!

i put the camry in to go over the pits i want to know the extent of damage to the car i noe its a waste of money just want to know if this thing is roadworthy and just out of curiosity i want to know how much damge is done

sean

Sean,

And its already has the much loved GTP kit!

GTP kits are lame, anyone wishing to dispose of theirs in a correct manner can send them to ME.

ok everybody i got my car back today with the report from the pit and its good news the car was kicked in the bum but not as bad as the guys at the workshop thought it was everything has been repaired nothing wrong in the rear end just that the boot not lined up properly but they have given me a roadworthy certificate so im going to keep my camry im so happy dont have to sell it not going to do a rwd conversion anymore im going to keep it fwd and just turbo the engine with a Garrett GT3076R which should give the camry 300fwhp+ will be doing a rebuild on the engine and the rest of the stuff needed to run the car with this set up. here is a ruff list of parts reqiured (stolen from auscam)

$6,483

This should hit the 300fwhp target easily, with plenty of power to spare once engine/gearbox work is done

Garrett GT3076R 0.82A/R (or a GT35R like the MR2, which would take ~700RPM longer to boost but then hit harder; at this stage I prefer less of a kick for earlier spool and power, for drivability and traction’s sake) - $1,800

TiAL 38mm external wastegate - $500

PWR barrel-style water-to-air intercooler (W2A I/C) (more on this choice later) - $1,600

HKS SSQ-V blow-off valve (BOV), plumbed back for legal reasons - $330

Turbosmart E-Boost2 electronic boost control - $725

Intercooler water temp gauge (Autometer Cobalt Electric) - $289

Engine water temp gauge (Autometer Cobalt Electric) - $289

Oil pressure gauge (Autometer Cobalt Electric) - $425

Turbosmart silicon hose (depending on setup and sizes, $45-$65 per piece) - say $200

Braided hose turbo oil/water kit (pre-made kits for various Nissans, would need to check if it’d work for the 3VZ, if not then custom length braided hose here we come) - $285+

Inline oil filter - $40

and many more parts

sean

youre probably going to need to upgrade the brakes with that kinda power... so budget a furthe 2K for a big brake kit

noticed you havent included any engine management in that list either?? so add another 1.5K there plus another 1k for the install and tuning....

and just out of curiosity who is fitting all that turbo gear for you?? yourself? i only assume so as you havent added the labour charges.

PS i'm dissappointed your not converting it to RWD... that would have been impressive.

;)

youre probably going to need to upgrade the brakes with that kinda power... so budget a furthe 2K for a big brake kit

noticed you havent included any engine management in that list either?? so add another 1.5K there plus another 1k for the install and tuning....

and just out of curiosity who is fitting all that turbo gear for you?? yourself? i only assume so as you havent added the labour charges.

PS i'm dissappointed your not converting it to RWD... that would have been impressive.

;)

hey mate the list below is only part list i have in my final budget included a 6piston front big brake kit and a apexi engine management. im looking at getting croydon racing devlopment to install it they said they can surply parts and do all the custom work i would have to budget 8-12 grand for the build. the reason im not doing a rwd converson is because of how much the engine work is going to cost cause to convert it to rear wheel drive i have been qouted from 10-15 grand to do the conversion on the camry cause there isnt a conversion kit and all the work has to be custom. so you add 12+15=27grand for those two things i think i will save the money for the rwd conversion for a supra.

sean

Won't need a big brake kit, prob just the 2 pot brakes from a V6... really depends.

Did you get that from Davey's suggested turbo kit? He knows what to do...

You're lucky these engines aren't anywhere near as pedantic as the 1MZs.. can get away with blue murder on the 3VZs :P

If you were gonna go with the RWD conversion, you wouldn't keep the 3VZ anyway. I would place in a 1JZGTE or something along those lines.

It's too bad we don't live in Canada - I know of a person (aka Tony the Tiger) can can do a turbo build on 1MZs for around 7-8k installed and tuned.

This is Tony's car... an absolute weapon.

Won't need a big brake kit, prob just the 2 pot brakes from a V6... really depends.

Did you get that from Davey's suggested turbo kit? He knows what to do...

You're lucky these engines aren't anywhere near as pedantic as the 1MZs.. can get away with blue murder on the 3VZs :P

If you were gonna go with the RWD conversion, you wouldn't keep the 3VZ anyway. I would place in a 1JZGTE or something along those lines.

It's too bad we don't live in Canada - I know of a person (aka Tony the Tiger) can can do a turbo build on 1MZs for around 7-8k installed and tuned.

This is Tony's car... an absolute weapon.

yeah i got that list from davels on auscam but its a good set up the guys at croydon even said its a good set up.

i noe of this tony the tiger i have beeen watching his vids i love his t51r camry that he has right now that is so awsome

sean

Manual's in gen 3 v6's are almost unheard of. Gen 4's arent that common either

i noe its going to be hard to find a manual gen4 but ive got time to search

sean

owner of GEN 3 V6 Manual....for sale soon enough :)

Manual's in gen 3 v6's are almost unheard of. Gen 4's arent that common either

i noe its going to be hard to find a manual gen4 but ive got time to search

sean

owner of GEN 3 V6 Manual....for sale soon enough :)

i noe that ur becoming a trator to the camry lol

sean

ok everybody have been staring at my rims for about an hour while i was giving it a wash and i have decided to buy some new rims i have a few in mind tell me which one u would prefer ( the rims will be 19inch maybe 20s depending if the rims come in 19s like the bigger rims) ps im painting my car red maybe candy apple red or 2tone red and omething else

http://www.asantiwheels.com/wheels/af146_blk.jpg

http://wheelworx.com.au/stock_wheels/Forgi...w/Andatalg3.jpg

http://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com/admin...ages/922_lg.jpg AF142

http://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com/admin...ges/1702_lg.jpg lexani CS-2

http://www.westcoastwheelfactory.com/admin...ges/2041_lg.jpg tis 07

will put some more up later going to get some dinner maccas here i come

sean