Mick's Corolla Sportivo

eviltwin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

After a fair old while ive started playing around and spending money on the car again...

Apart from the general stuff and doing my 80k service ( the apparent big one ) ive gone with a set of Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks all round and retained the King Springs for now and what can i say the ride is fantastic. Also fitted a TRD CAI , Whiteline front Strut Brace and a Celica 2ZZ Engine cover to make her a little nicer on the eyes...

The stock struts were still in really good order but mated with a set of lowered springs they are less than ideal! Upon removing the fronts i was very dissapointed to find that who ever has put the coils in for the original owner had left out the drivers side bump stop so i was running around without it..

The next thing im wanting to do is fit some better speakers as i spend alot of time in the car and really would like a little more from the stereo.. although , car audio is not my thing what so ever!

Ive also fitted up a slightly larger Mandrel bent cat-back exhaust with a highflow muffler and stock exhaust tip.. It's quite noisey but paired with the intake it just sounds awesome!!

More soon but here are a few pics :

2011-11-23185511.jpg

2011-11-23185535.jpg

2011-11-23185549.jpg

2011-11-23185607.jpg

2011-11-23185656.jpg

2011-11-23185737.jpg

Thanks guys , Trung the Koni's are the best thing ive done for sure and well worth the money!

Did some more work on the car over my days off...

Raped the young bloke at the local JB for some Alpine speakers throwing him crazy offers until he finally fell over and sold them to me cheaper then the first pair id showed interest in!

The car now has Type G 6.5" Splits in the front and 6" 2 Way Type S Speakers in the rear.

Not into audio all that much but love a nice clean crisp sound and thats exactly what ive got now.

Also gave the car a full clay , cut and polish and she came up very well but needs another sweep to remove some of those swirls left over!

Pics:

2011-11-24110540-1.jpg

2011-11-24150215-1.jpg

2011-11-25103231-1.jpg

2011-11-25103303-1.jpg

2011-11-25103318-1.jpg

2011-11-25103331-1.jpg

Nice Mick...a bit of boom boom to go with your shiny shine,great work mate,she always looks a treat. :D

p.s sorry i didn't catch up with you to do the coilovers but guess what,i was working.....for a change :(

• 1 month later...

Hope you dont mind me asking, Where did you get the Koni's from? keen on getting some myself.

Thanks

Hey mate i ordered them through Bursons

• 8 months later...

So I'm ready to bite the bullet and buy a set of Koni's, I just curious are you on 'super low' or 'low' kings as I'll be buying some at the same time and I like your practical ride height.

Thanks