Accessory Pricing

spiderlama

Hi, I've gotten a couple of prices for some accessories from my local dealer, but they seem a bit high. Also I need a couple more prices. Is there someone selling Toyota genuine accessories on this forum? (There was a guy on the Patrol forums selling genuine at a cheaper price)

• iPod connectivity = $?
  • Tinting = $485
  • Carpet Aurion Mats + Boot Liner = $285
  • Key + Beeper + Programmed = $?

Is there a cheaper dealer I can buy from? :D

Cheers.

The iPod i have no idea as for the tinting i got mine at time of purchase for nothing as it was end of month and i got the impression the guy really needed a sale but shop around for aftermarket tint you'll get it cheaper. The Aurion Floor Mats are of a very good quality once again i got mine thrown in but yes that price seems fairly accurate but try eBay theres always some person looking for a quick buck. I dont know what toyota charge for a new key but falcons and commodores etc it costs anwhere from $250 to $400 for a new key to get coded etc.

My advice get aftermarket tint. Invest in a replacment head unit/dvd touch screen for longevity of quality sound and ipod connectivity. And look for some Mat's eklsewhere or fork out the dosh.

But its only advice you dont have to take it

At staff price the window tinting was about $295 and the remote about $270 i think it was, also the mats by themselves were under $150 but i cant remember the specific prices. Keep in mind though, these are staff prices, but use them as a guideline to try haggle a little

My tinting cost me around $300ish... And I think they came with warranty for like a year or two...*forgot*

And for remote key, I think it's pretty expensive. Isnt there a thread about how to program a remote key? U can look up the remotes from ebay and the step by step is written on the thread.

As for Ipod, cant remember... Not too expensive thou... around 100ish..

Boot-liner & Carpets- No clue

And for remote key, I think it's pretty expensive. Isnt there a thread about how to program a remote key? U can look up the remotes from ebay and the step by step is written on the thread.

You need to pay Toyota to program the key for you as well, so even if you buy it off eBay cheap you will need to pay for labour and they will probably rip you off.

SPIDERLAMA:

I work for a Toyota dealer in Northern Tasmania

As for the Ipod the toyota connectivity part number ip002 or something like that off the top of my head doesnt work with the 06-08 camry/Aurion unit but an aftermarket crowd could help you there.

The dealer i work for doesnt charge to have remotes programmed but i know the other 2 Toyota dealerships in tas charge about $22 to program but its different at every dealership. i will find out how much the RRP of the ATX remote and key is tomorrow.

the Cargo liner has RRP of around $85 and i'll get a price on the Aurion mats tomorrow.

hope this helps

You need to pay Toyota to program the key for you as well, so even if you buy it off eBay cheap you will need to pay for labour and they will probably rip you off.

To program a new key and remote, my dealer charged me $45 for their time.

As for the window tint, why not get someone else to tint it for you and skip the dealer. Most dealers get a third party to do their tinting anyway. You can save yourself some money as well.

45!!!!!! wtf! daylight robbery... as i said we do it for free as it quite literally in most cases takes 30 seconds to do... i coughed when a customer told me other dealers were charging $22.50 to do it

Ok lads here's the proper RRP on some of these items:

Ipod Aux input cable - P/N: IP002 $$77 Incl

Boot Liner - P/N: PZQ20-33090 $$ 98.00 incl

Aurion Floor Mats - P/N: PZQ20-33080GY $$ 84.00 incl

Sportivo Mats- P/N: PZQ20-33070GY $$ 99.00 incl

AT-X Master Key-P/N: 89785-08020 $$ 105.00

AT-X Keyless Remote-P/N: 89742-AC080 $$ 271.00

Now Obviously these prices will change slightly from dealer to dealer, state to state but any drastic change is a slight rip off lol.

Hey no these prices our RRP guys so should be similer at your local dealer B)

Bonnet protector P/N: PZQ15-33050 $$ 73.15

Head Light Covers P/N: PZQ14-33070 $$73.15

Front Seat Covers P/N: PZQ22-33220GY $$ 196.90

Rear Seat Covers P/N: PZQ22-33300GY $$ 191.40

SPIDERLAMA:

I work for a Toyota dealer in Northern Tasmania

As for the Ipod the toyota connectivity part number ip002 or something like that off the top of my head doesnt work with the 06-08 camry/Aurion unit but an aftermarket crowd could help you there.

The dealer i work for doesnt charge to have remotes programmed but i know the other 2 Toyota dealerships in tas charge about $22 to program but its different at every dealership. i will find out how much the RRP of the ATX remote and key is tomorrow.

the Cargo liner has RRP of around $85 and i'll get a price on the Aurion mats tomorrow.

hope this helps

Yeah it helps heaps mate thanks. But I'm bummed about no iPod connectivity to standard stero... I don't really want to mod stuff much.

Cheers for prices, I'll get up my local dealer for some stuff.

To program a new key and remote, my dealer charged me $45 for their time.

As for the window tint, why not get someone else to tint it for you and skip the dealer. Most dealers get a third party to do their tinting anyway. You can save yourself some money as well.

Yes it seems much cheaper and so looks like a go-er.

Do you know if a metallic tint affects the radio reception? I know it's in the rear windscreen...

Do you know if a metallic tint affects the radio reception? I know it's in the rear windscreen...

Everyone seems to have varying stories. I have a Midnight Express metallic tint and it doesn't affect my reception in most cases. The surface of the tint is not conductive so it won't short out the antenna loop on the rear window. It will however slightly affect the quality of the signal the antenna can pick up. It's nothing big though and in most cases you shouldn't notice it. From my testing, I did notice there were one or two spots around town where it was a little fuzzy when compared to before. But these were within car parks so it is acceptable. I never use my radio though, so I don't really care.

Every case can vary though. Another note however. If you have an antenna mounted on your parcel shelf (I once had a TV antenna there), the metallic tint does a good job of blocking signals so that is one case where it will have an effect.

Ipod Aux input cable - P/N: IP002 $$77 Incl

There are genuine iPod adapters for the factory head unit? Is it just a 3.5mm jack or is it iPod specific? How is fitment done? (sorry, had no idea!)

They have a 3.5mm jack and charger lead that goes to a dock connector. There is also a 3.5mm female jack to RCA plug adaptor in the kit.

Edited by SupaTouring

Hey no these prices our RRP guys so should be similer at your local dealer B)

Bonnet protector P/N: PZQ15-33050 $$ 73.15

Head Light Covers P/N: PZQ14-33070 $$73.15

Front Seat Covers P/N: PZQ22-33220GY $$ 196.90

Rear Seat Covers P/N: PZQ22-33300GY $$ 191.40

thanks matee-i can tell you from the prices i have been quoted by my local dealer that he is a rip off,will have to try somewhere else i think

thanks and cheers corey

I bought headlight protectors and bonnet guard for my car about a year ago. Wasnt to keen on the look with the bonnet protector on so i took it off.If anyon wants to save a bit of money they can have it for $50 or else it will stay stored in the garage.

Sera709:

mate here's a bit of an idea and something that we do alot here, have the inside of the protector painted the same colour as the Aurion and it will blend in and you won't even see it. Check out the pic on My profile mine is done like this :) IAlthough i am going to get the little grey clips painted blue as well.

Just an idea.

Sera709:

mate here's a bit of an idea and something that we do alot here, have the inside of the protector painted the same colour as the Aurion and it will blend in and you won't even see it. Check out the pic on My profile mine is done like this :) IAlthough i am going to get the little grey clips painted blue as well.

Just an idea.

thank you for that ill check it out ;)