Project DizzyFED

King Young

Interesting... I was wondering why it looks abit "stuck on"... I checked with Ken though, he reckon it was stock... haha

But anyway, I'd remove that the "SECA" and fit some King Lows at the front first.

I've ordered some SMD LED parkers for the front and number plate lights.

Then I'll probably get some C-one eyelids and HIDs.

Sure is stock.. on a non sportivo.... i'd be a little concerned with any other potential damage done from a rear end smash.

Any ideas as to how I may be able to check for any rear end damages?

I want to be certain that everything is fine and still in good condition.

Thanks!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... I was wondering why it looks abit "stuck on"... I checked with Ken though, he reckon it was stock... haha

But anyway, I'd remove that the "SECA" and fit some King Lows at the front first.

I've ordered some SMD LED parkers for the front and number plate lights.

Then I'll probably get some C-one eyelids and HIDs.

Sure is stock.. on a non sportivo.... i'd be a little concerned with any other potential damage done from a rear end smash.

Any ideas as to how I may be able to check for any rear end damages?

I want to be certain that everything is fine and still in good condition.

Thanks!

check the gaps between the tail gate and the tail lights....... you shouldn't be able to fit even your little finger through.......... also boot carpet around the tail light area may not be snug....... how do i know this? my mum has a stock corolla same as ours and it was in a rear end smash and these are the noticable things that they couldn't get right..... its been back and they fixed the carpet trim abit but not reall to the point of how it was......... hope this helps

check the gaps between the tail gate and the tail lights....... you shouldn't be able to fit even your little finger through.......... also boot carpet around the tail light area may not be snug....... how do i know this? my mum has a stock corolla same as ours and it was in a rear end smash and these are the noticable things that they couldn't get right..... its been back and they fixed the carpet trim abit but not reall to the point of how it was......... hope this helps

Yea, I've had a look at all that, tail gate and tail lights looks pretty neat, the boot carpet with looks pretty snug fit.

Nothing I've noticed out of ordinary.

But I am worried about the structure.

@ BKS : Yea, I'll get it on a hoist and have a look underneath... you reckon my mechanic can tell me if something is wrong? Or maybe possibly a Toyota servicing centre?

Yea, I've had a look at all that, tail gate and tail lights looks pretty neat, the boot carpet with looks pretty snug fit.

Nothing I've noticed out of ordinary.

But I am worried about the structure.

@ BKS : Yea, I'll get it on a hoist and have a look underneath... you reckon my mechanic can tell me if something is wrong? Or maybe possibly a Toyota servicing centre?

take it to a panel beater instead

check if the chassis has been sprayed over or not

Just out of curiousity, my mate said he saw another black Stivo @ UNSW with SECA at the back... so I don't know if he also hit something or possibly something else happened!? Also does 92 and 5Y make a difference!?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I've been doing some minor moddings:

- Removed bonnet, headlight protectors.

- Did some rice mods, TRD seatbelt covers and front grille badging. :whistling:

- Fitted T10 SMD LEDs for front parkers and back plate display.

- Fitted front TRD strut brace.

- Clean the living SH*T out of it.

Currently waiting for front King Lows to come in. (Come on SB!)

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

Hopefully I can get a TRD rear sway and CAI in soon. :P

Edited by Sport Evo

hey sport evo.... cars lookin nice..

if only everyone had extra money to mod there rides.. haha...

im broke as... cant afford nothin atm. mayb by the end of the yr i can get springs in my stivo.. fingers crossed

kevin.

hey sport evo.... cars lookin nice..

if only everyone had extra money to mod there rides.. haha...

im broke as... cant afford nothin atm. mayb by the end of the yr i can get springs in my stivo.. fingers crossed

kevin.

Haha, thanks mate!

It is a costly process... Need to find another income soon... <_<

Honestly, I can't tell that much difference. It feels abit more sensitive. (Though this could be just psychological) :lol:

But let's see what happens when the rear sway bar and front King Lows goes in.

Also need some new rubber! Previous owner had some cheap quality ones slapped on. <_<

Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys and girls!

It's been a while, I've painted my calipers and recently added King Springs Low to the front. (Courtesy of SB) :yahoo:

Anyway, I'll let the photos do the talking.

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

7635_167844806347_627096347_4148726.jpg

7635_167844841347_627096347_4148729.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

Enjoy, hopefully, more mods will come soon!

Thanks,

Young

Edited by young.

Thanks!

Rear was already fitted with King Lows, front had chopped stockies.

Only had to replace the front with King Lows.

I'll get some nice photos up when the weather clears up abit in Sydney, and it definitely needs a good wash.. haha

Thanks!

Rear was already fitted with King Lows, front had chopped stockies.

Only had to replace the front with King Lows.

I'll get some nice photos up when the weather clears up abit in Sydney, and it definitely needs a good wash.. haha

Cool, i've been waiting for it clear as well.. Chopped stockies? good move getting rid of them.. :)

Nice work Mate.. You really took precautions against overspray :P

Glad you got the chopped springs out.

Thanks mate. I wanted to disassemble the entire piece, but don't know how to disconnect the brake fluids. So I chickened out and pretty much did everything I can to block out the overspray. :whistling:

Very happy with the way it went. When I get my brakes upgraded, Hopefully I can do a complete job. (Honestly, painting those took me 12hrs including waiting time) <_<