aurion pully crank shaft & sport spark plugs

As it stands, there is currently no manufacturer (advertising) a light weight/underdrive crankshaft pulley for the 2GR-FE. You could try looking into custom made if you have the money.

As for the spark plugs, you would already be getting the best performance with the iridium spark plugs already in there. You can't expect any gains from changing those.

The location of the rear cylinder bank makes it very difficult to DIY. :-/

Additionally, in a standard state of tune (I assume you're not reprogramming the ECU right?), I honestly doubt you'll see any advantages from "Sports" spark plugs. Snake oil and bull**** if you ask me...

Same goes for the pulley. :-p

gday-agree with djkor in relation the plugs,they should be good for 90000km's which is pretty good and they are reasonably inexpensive too.

cheers corey

thank you for reply ... some on told me there is pulley crank sport for avalon & lexus es ... it's will work very good in the aurion ..it's saaame !!!

what are you think about that ???

I will tell you what I think about it when you can tell me more about it.

I'll say again...

One reason why most of the racing B Series engines don't use lighweight pulleys (most use stock or fluiddamper - I use fluide damper and its heavy!) is that the lighweight pulleys tend not to damp the harmonics on the crankshaft leading to fractures in the Oil Pump gears, which leads to catastrophic engine damage.

yes, we're talking about a 2GR-FE not a honda "B", but, well, the mechanics can't be any different and I'd rather be safe.

Anyhow, I reckon that if you put one on, its still not going to outperform a stock 2GR-FE (as we found with the B series anyway).

So if its for bling, go for it, but the risk is yours.. :lol: :D :P Sorry - i sound like a so "boring" don't modify the Aurion err..boring person

Edited by e240

I'll say again...

One reason why most of the racing B Series engines don't use lighweight pulleys (most use stock or fluiddamper - I use fluide damper and its heavy!) is that the lighweight pulleys tend not to damp the harmonics on the crankshaft leading to fractures in the Oil Pump gears, which leads to catastrophic engine damage.

yes, we're talking about a 2GR-FE not a honda "B", but, well, the mechanics can't be any different and I'd rather be safe.

Anyhow, I reckon that if you put one on, its still not going to outperform a stock 2GR-FE (as we found with the B series anyway).

So if its for bling, go for it, but the risk is yours.. :lol: :D :P Sorry - i sound like a so "boring" don't modify the Aurion err..boring person

+1. This guy sounds confident though about making such a change considering he was thinking about 'sport spark plugs', so I figured I may as well see what it is first that he is considering. Hopefully something not cheaply made at least.

I'd never consider one for the reason stated above. For me, an engine is too expensive to risk damaging.

thank you for reply ... some on told me there is pulley crank sport for avalon & lexus es ... it's will work very good in the aurion ..it's saaame !!!

the pulley crank " the sport kind " Be lighter and smaller diameter, which increase the speed of the engine, which increases the number of horses it's give minimum 8 horse power ... Therefore, I wan't

By the way i buy 6 spark plugs for avalon ... i put it in aurion engine ... it's work very nice ... i think Increased 4-7 hp

the pulley crank " the sport kind " Be lighter and smaller diameter, which increase the speed of the engine, which increases the number of horses it's give minimum 8 horse power ... Therefore, I wan't

By the way i buy 6 spark plugs for avalon ... i put it in aurion engine ... it's work very nice ... i think Increased 4-7 hp

So you've had it on a dyno? Got a print out for evidence of this power increase?

I didn't mean a description of it in general, I meant details and/or photos of the actual one that is made for the 2GR. Maybe starting with the brand.

Can you provide proof of this? I would seriously doubt you got any gains unless your original spark plugs were stuffed.

This is all interesting information but............. pictures or it didnt happen.

There seems to be a lack of information and data regarding performance changes to the 2GR-FE. Is it because of the age of the engine or that the performance is acceptable? My guess is both to certain extent.

(and no, i'm not counting that twin turbo buggy)

And also, lightened flywheels do NOT increase power. Big misconception there. What a lighter flywheel does is allow the engine to rev faster - it is equivalent to removing weight from the car. The engine still produces the same amount of power, but the car can accelerate faster. Peak power generated at a steady-state RPM will be the same, as any benefit of the less mass that the engine has to rotate will be offset by the reduction in inertia of the flywheel which normally wants to keep the engine revving (a flywheel is designed to be hard to spin up, and once it is spining it is hard to slow down - a light one spins up faster but also slows down faster)

So you've had it on a dyno? Got a print out for evidence of this power increase?

i try a drag race with my friend before and after install the sparg plugs from 0-200 km ... i was first 1 and the defrient between us nerly 25 meter ... before install i was in front of hem by 2 meter

I didn't mean a description of it in general, I meant details and/or photos of the actual one that is made for the 2GR. Maybe starting with the brand.

Can you provide proof of this? I would seriously doubt you got any gains unless your original spark plugs were stuffed.

i agree with you ... before i buy avalon spark i saw it ... it's same mine ... but the spark maker it's wider than the original spark

i try a drag race with my friend before and after install the sparg plugs from 0-200 km ... i was first 1 and the defrient between us nerly 25 meter ... before install i was in front of hem by 2 meter

As a test of performance increases that is not a reliable measure because there are too many factors that could impact on the results. A dyno befor and after with the same dyno would have been the best test.

And also, lightened flywheels do NOT increase power. Big misconception there. What a lighter flywheel does is allow the engine to rev faster - it is equivalent to removing weight from the car. The engine still produces the same amount of power, but the car can accelerate faster. Peak power generated at a steady-state RPM will be the same, as any benefit of the less mass that the engine has to rotate will be offset by the reduction in inertia of the flywheel which normally wants to keep the engine revving (a flywheel is designed to be hard to spin up, and once it is spining it is hard to slow down - a light one spins up faster but also slows down faster)

Good points on the flywheel but the OP's talking about Pulley's (Which drives the belts for the Alternator, powersteering and airconditioning), not Flywheels - the 2GR-FE, being automatic, wouldn't have a flywheel.

if you're going to change it, you need a properly designed and dampened pulley, not just a chunk of alloy turned down on a lathe. ATI and Ross make nice dampeners, I'd almost place money on Ross having made a 2gr pulley before, they're very good with custom stuff, and someone had to have made the pullies for all the race buggies and 2gr drag motors in development.

some light reading: http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/damper_dinan.htm

Good points on the flywheel but the OP's talking about Pulley's (Which drives the belts for the Alternator, powersteering and airconditioning), not Flywheels - the 2GR-FE, being automatic, wouldn't have a flywheel.

I must be going blind....