Muffler

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's 10kw gain then can we see some proof of it? Like a dyno sheet,pics,prices, what it consists of or something. Is it DB legal is prolly another question that will be asked. :)

Anybody care to shed some light on the topic????? :(

Don't carline just do exhaust system replacements that are massed produced and replace the standard system and off the shelf stuff like pacemaker etc etc? Didn't think they would be doing custom work with stainless, maundrel bending custom fabrication and then doing dyno testing to show results. :blink: Cause they certainly don't do that up here in Brisbane. ;)

mate dyno sheets mean NOTHING why wont people realise this

as for carline

i bet you that carline can get the exact same stuff that the CES in queensland consists of so what does it matter who installs it.

they dont do dyno testing as it would be a waste of money

but they definatly do ,do custom work with mandrel bends and stainless steel pipe work

they would be a ridiculous exhaust company if they didnt

i would like ot add that dyno sheets DO mean something to the individual car

BUT its all meant for tuning

KW readings can be altered in SO MANY ways who knows what the exact true reading is

there was even a thread made about all these different aspects of dyno runs that make a HUGE difference

i would like ot add that dyno sheets DO mean something to the individual car

BUT its all meant for tuning

KW readings can be altered in SO MANY ways who knows what the exact true reading is

there was even a thread made about all these different aspects of dyno runs that make a HUGE difference

yip go look at the post i posted for that topic in general!

I think what SILVABULLIT is asking is a before and after Dyno Sheet which would indicate the actual difference between the before and after exhaust systems.

I don't think we need another Dyno Raliability/Worthyness debate!!! :angry:

My point would be, without a before and after dyno, how can anyone make a 10kw gain claim? This is where a Dyno reading IS useful.

ok i agree with that

but you need to dyno the car that very day

then install the part with out leaving the dyno, and then again run it to see the difference

otherwise its NOT completly accurate

remember though its just used for guide lines its not actually a life line

so showing dyno sheets is a guide to what power it COULD give you not what power it IS going to give you

dont get me wrong i think dyno days are good fun and i lvoe seeing ome of the figures

but some people live by dyno readings and they shouldnt cus there false(or not completly accurate my be the better way to put it)

Edited by evl_50a

ok i agree with that

but you need to dyno the car that very day

then install the part with out leaving the dyno, and then again run it to see the difference

otherwise its NOT completly accurate

remember though its just used for guide lines its not actually a life line

so showing dyno sheets is a guide to what power it COULD give you not what power it IS going to give you

dont get me wrong i think dyno days are good fun and i lvoe seeing ome of the figures

but some people live by dyno readings and they shouldnt cus there false(or not completly accurate my be the better way to put it)

That's why the CES system has had before and after dyno runs to show gains.

The car doesn't leave the workshop. It went on the dyno then straight onto the hoist for system fitment then back on the dyno. :D

Between runs was a total of 4 hours... can't get any more accurate than that. ;)

And CES' style of dyno doesn't allow for "variables" to be doctored to pump up figures ;)

As it's been stated before...each to their own... :)

What one person likes, another doesn't. I think that's the beuty of what we have revealed here as a group.

Some people like non-custom exhausts, some people like custome exhausts, and some people like stock...

Simple in my books... :D

well if thats how its done then thats the most accurate its gonna get but still you gotta consider things like ECU reset and things like that

oh well ayways

some people think dynos are gods

and like non christians all think g.o.d is fake

so yeah oh well

i cant beleive we cant say that word its pathetic

Edited by evl_50a

Hey guys im looking for some help. I got a new muffler fitted yesterday (at the moment its muffler ONLY because im not sure how far i am going to push engine mods, basically i just wanted the beefy note).

Anyway, i have noticed since the muffler has been fitted, when i hit Lift, it is not as noticable as when i had the stock muffler. Now if i do an ECU Reset will this fix my issue, or is it all part and parcel of fideling with stock components?...

1zz or 2zz? Does that include resonator? Mild steel obviously and is it press bent or mandrel bent? Cause 2" is too small for 2zz as standard they're nearly 2.25" and for 1zz to get a gain you prolly need to go 2.25" as well. :D