Muffler

1zz or 2zz? Does that include resonator? Mild steel obviously and is it press bent or mandrel bent? Cause 2" is too small for 2zz as standard they're nearly 2.25" and for 1zz to get a gain you prolly need to go 2.25" as well. :D

1zz

Includes Resonator

I think Press bent not 100% sure

I was thinking 2.25" but the guy reccons 2" more suitable.

Is it still a reasonabler price?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excluding muffler for catback, $250 for press bent steel (possibly not even painted) ... I would say that is not a good deal. And as Silva pointed out, you really would need 2 1/4" piping for the 1zz, unless it is an auto in which case Budda seems to have gotten good results with 2". It isnt hard though to find a place that will do a custom job, cat back 2.25" mandrel bent painted steel with resonator and or muffler (or cannon) for around the $300 mark

excluding muffler for catback, $250 for press bent steel (possibly not even painted) ... I would say that is not a good deal. And as Silva pointed out, you really would need 2 1/4" piping for the 1zz, unless it is an auto in which case Budda seems to have gotten good results with 2". It isnt hard though to find a place that will do a custom job, cat back 2.25" mandrel bent painted steel with resonator and or muffler (or cannon) for around the $300 mark

How about the muffler? any suggestions?

hey.. i just wondering... wts a catback...??

i know for many corolla... (non stivo).. in order to change their muffler... they need a mandrel bent 2.25' right.. (thx to some guys replying b4 ;))

so... if i have sportivo catback do i still need the mandrel bent thing???

hahaha i dunno wt i saying the right thing... some answers plx..

anyway.. sportivo catback.. will it b good on a non sportivo rolla??

It means piping from the "Catalytic Converter" back to the end of the exhaust......... :D

Oh in a very very simple explaination it helps convert BAD exhaust gases and unburnt fuel to a BETTER or SAFER form of exhaust GAS!!1 Basically!!LOL

Edited by "RuNx"

i know for many corolla... (non stivo).. in order to change their muffler... they need a mandrel bent 2.25' right.. (thx to some guys replying b4  ;))

Sportivo cat back will work great on a 1ZZ. It's stainless steel and is already mandrel bent close to 2.25" :D

i know for many corolla... (non stivo).. in order to change their muffler... they need a mandrel bent 2.25' right.. (thx to some guys replying b4  ;))

Sportivo cat back will work great on a 1ZZ. It's stainless steel and is already mandrel bent close to 2.25" :D

ohohoh!!! so if i get the catback for stivo for my corolla.. i dont have to buy the 2 1/4 mendrel bent.. right?!

it is under warranty but no way am i waiting 6 years to start modifying the car

bugger that

as for the extractors i was told our standard ones basicly the same as the TRD ones just cleaned up a hell of a lot

straighter edges, no bumps, things like that

if you know somone with a set that hasent installed them yet let me know

ill take it to a place that will replicate them

then they can sell them in autralia HEAPS cheaper than $1500 plus (<---not 100% certain about trd price LOL)

Edited by evl_50a

evl_50a

So what does your dealership say?

will the service your car now? with the whole system?

and your system is minus a CAT right?

one more Q. who put your extractor in not toyota right?

thanks for the info!

they didint say anything

and ofcourse they will service it haha more money fr them

as for the extractors i dont have them YET im getting some made or im doing something with my stock manifold

also i do have a cat i have a racing performance cat so basicly i may aswell not have one LOL

Just as a guide, our system press bent, mild steel, resonator-back including muffler and a tip, was $225 fitted.

Edited by Buddha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Speedy G

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum.

I have searched for cat back exhaust and gone over allot of old postings relating to cat back exhausts to find the answer I'm looking for, but no luck. I have found a number of debates over this but still I'm unclear.

I have been speaking to a number of exhaust places in Sydney (Carline, Best Mufflers & Liverpool Exhaust) about getting a 2.25 inch cat back mandrel bend exhaust system. They have all advised me not to go 2.25 inch because there would be to much exhaust flow and not enough back pressure and I would lose power. Best to get 2 inch exhaust system with a remus or lukey muffler. They all have posed the same question to me " If 2.25 inch was going to give Corolla more KW why didn't Toyota make it standard and sell the car advertised at 100 + KW engine???”

I have seen a number of posting from members stating they have got gains out of the 2.25 inch exhaust systems and have also seen a number of posting stating cannon mufflers make the car lose power due lack of back pressure.

Anyway can someone explain to me the theory behind getting a larger exhaust system hence less back pressure how can a car gain in performance???

Is for a 2005 Ascent

Thanks any help would be much appreciated

mate most cars are built for economy and emissions and based on all these different rules and regs (not sure what there called)

now putting bigger zorst on most cars gives you better performance

i know for certain bigger zorst on the sportivo gives you extra power as do most the members on this forum

it IS possibleto go too big but most stock systems are too small and like i said built for emission and economy ratings not performance

whats the stock size of your ascent

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum.

I have searched for cat back exhaust and gone over allot of old postings relating to cat back exhausts to find the answer I'm looking for, but no luck. I have found a number of debates over this but still I'm unclear.

I have been speaking to a number of exhaust places in Sydney (Carline, Best Mufflers & Liverpool Exhaust) about getting a 2.25 inch cat back mandrel bend exhaust system. They have all advised me not to go 2.25 inch because there would be to much exhaust flow and not enough back pressure and I would lose power. Best to get 2 inch exhaust system with a remus or lukey muffler. They all have posed the same question to me " If 2.25 inch was going to give Corolla more KW why didn't Toyota make it standard and sell the car advertised at 100 + KW engine???”

I have seen a number of posting from members stating they have got gains out of the 2.25 inch exhaust systems and have also seen a number of posting stating cannon mufflers make the car lose power due lack of back pressure.

Anyway can someone explain to me the theory behind getting a larger exhaust system hence less back pressure how can a car gain in performance???

Is for a 2005 Ascent

Thanks any help would be much appreciated

Ive popped a stivo cat on my auto ascent and i lost low end but gained mid - high end.

Mello who's done the same on the manual experiences the sam lag in the low end, but being a manual he and ride past the low revs and hold it in the "gain zone" where as mine shifts for economy and therefore is more inclined to shift at lower revs, dropping me back into the laggy bit of my power curve.

IMO the stivo cat back is a decently priced mod, but i must suit ur driving pattern. For me, i'm stuck in jams to work back and forth every day, so i would feel the low end lag more. but on weekends i appreciate the mid gain when i cruise!

hey guys im selling my MAGNAFLOW cannon muffler anyone interested let me know if i get no takers will be on ebay within a few days.

pix to come

less than 6 months old

full titanium muffler with blue flamed tip.

has already been on my stivo so is set up for change over.

asking $310 ono.

and before you ask im selling for two reasons:

1. just had car lowered and muffler is well clear of the ground but still sits to low for me.

2. im currently saving to replace the cat with a hi flow and possibly full exhaust system.

hey i might be SOON selling my system 2 1/2 mandrel bent pipeing

high flow performance cat

racing resignator

and a canon (but hopefully keeping the canon i want the stock exhaust back on just a cannon to help with a little bit of niose

also selling my shift performance CAI

reason for this is im going back to ALMOST full stock for personal reasons to come in the future HEHE