Muffler

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a cannon doesnt mean a loss in power...

I have the Injen CAI and X-force cannon... and came 4th on the dyno day :) 110.6ATW

and it may drone a little... but barely noticeable with the silencer on..

p.s. silencer in/out difference was .2 of a kw :P

p.p.s Dan... you really think the x-force twin loop is good? have you seen or heard one in action?

i agree with motoman

if your seriously telling me you lose power with a cannon id LOVE to take my cannon off and get a muffler

even though xoom kicks my ***** haha but ask him he will tell you my stivo with zorst and CAI ISNT slow

so if by me getting a muffler will give me a noticable gain ill g change it right now

i just dont know how poeple say you lose power

was it by feel or did you test it or ?????

hell if anyone wants to help with the funds ill dyno it twice on the same day once with cannon and once with a good graded muffler

if somone provides a muffler to use and pays for atleast 1 run and ill pay for the other then its all good to go

anyone interested or

if heaps of people are we can all chip in a few bucks so that way we can all find out sooner

cheers

Edited by evl_50a

I have the Injen CAI and X-force cannon...  and came 4th on the dyno day :)  110.6ATW

p.p.s Dan... you really think the x-force twin loop is good? have you seen or heard one in action?

i agree with motoman

if your seriously telling me you lose power with a cannon id LOVE to take my cannon off and get a muffler

even though xoom kicks my ***** haha but ask him he will tell you my stivo with zorst and CAI ISNT slow

so if by me getting a muffler will give me a noticable gain ill g change it right now

hell if anyone wants to help with the funds ill dyno it twice on the same day once with cannon and once with a good graded muffler

if somone provides a muffler to use and pays for atleast 1 run and ill pay for the other then its all good to go

anyone interested or

if heaps of people are we can all chip in a few bucks so that way we can all find out sooner

cheers

If you remember back in June we had a Dyno Day here in QLD.....

Qld Dyno Day

SPORTIVO'S

Lance - 103.5kw atw(stock 05)

Mtbrider - 108kw atw(stock 04)

Wei Wei - 111kw atw(CAI & Rear cannon)

Shaohaok - 111.75kw atw(CAI,flywheel,headers & no rear muffler)

Azza - 112.5kw atw(Stock 04)

Silvabullit - 114.75kw atw(CAI & CES cat back)

Danthuyer - 115.5kw atw(Unichip,CAI, CES cat back,headers)

Sportiv - 117kw atw(CAI & muff back!)

Sportivo Rice - 118.5kw atw(CAI & CES cat back)

Focus on the difference between my car at 112.5kw (stock) and Wei Wei's with a CAI which would increase power output and a Cannon which has decreased his output...

Also check this out...

Qld Dyno Day #1

I can't find the thread that contained the photos and results but Sportiv_Rice had a cannon and did pretty poorly (I can't remember the result) and the difference between this dyno result and the second on was that he lost the cannon...

But, at the end of the day, it's personal preference..... :)

Edited by Azza

Guest Silver Rider

I have the Injen CAI and X-force cannon...  and came 4th on the dyno day :)  110.6ATW

i agree with motoman

anyone interested or

cheers

Qld Dyno Day

SPORTIVO'S

Focus on the difference between my car at 112.5kw (stock) and Wei Wei's with a CAI which would increase power output and a Cannon which has decreased his output...

Also check this out...

Qld Dyno Day #1

I can't find the thread that contained the photos and results but Sportiv_Rice had a cannon and did pretty poorly (I can't remember the result) and the difference between this dyno result and the second on was that he lost the cannon...

Hi Azza,

I'm fairly new to all this stuff are all the result you posted from Sportivo vehicles???

The reason why I ask is on the toyota website it advertises the Sportivo at 141KW stock and the others at 100KW stock.

I would have thought a modified Sportivo would produce a bit more power.

Sorry if it's a dumb question.

i agree with motoman

anyone interested or

cheers

Qld Dyno Day

SPORTIVO'S

Also check this out...

Qld Dyno Day #1

Azza,

This list doesn't make sense to me?!? From your list, are you telling me that 2 sportivos are not making the same power when stock?!?

I mean your car makes 112.5 KW ATW

While:

Huh?!?!? *Confused* :unsure:

And Danthuyer - 115.5kw atw(Unichip,CAI, CES cat back,headers) makes less power than Sportivo Rice - 118.5kw atw(CAI & CES cat back)???

So Unichip and Headers doesn't give you any gains??? Compare to a CAI $ CES Cat Back???

Hmmmmm...Interesting!!! :rolleyes:

AZZA all i am gonna say to that is big deal

dude it has to be the SAME car SAME day SAME dyno

different cars dont count so basicly your testing is ALL false anyways

besides mate dyno runs are all wrong anyways NOONE knows the real power from a dyno

dynos are used for TUNING

i understand they give a power output too BUT they can make it say whatever power they want how does a computer know exactly what 1 HP is

AZZA all i am gonna say to that is big deal

dude it has to be the SAME car SAME day SAME dyno

different cars dont count so basicly your testing is ALL false anyways

besides mate dyno runs are all wrong anyways NOONE knows the real power from a dyno

dynos are used for TUNING

i understand they give a power output too BUT they can make it say whatever power they want how does a computer know exactly what 1 HP is

I agree that the real benefit is to compare outputs when making mods to one car, because different cars, well, they differ! Little things like the oil used, condition of the motor, all sorts of things can differ between two cars of the same type.

Having said that, though, the whole point of a dyno is to get a power output, that being the measurement that determines if the car is tuned well or not.

Of course, while I am Buddha (and therefore all-knowing), I am blonde (and therefore a bit slow on the uptake) so if what I've said here is incorrect, please feel free to correct me! :D

cheers mate

and yeah sure they do give you a power output reading

but 1 thing you said was way more correct its to see if its tuned correctly

dynos are designed for tuning mainly

see what dyno give a correct power output nobody knows

same car, same day different dyno also gives different results

so when comparing cars on dyno runs its gotta be same dyno same day, otherwise you cant compare each others power outputs

but hey i love putting my car on dynos 2 its kinda fun dont get me wrong here guys im not saying dyno runs are stupid

but if you REALLY think about it there kinda pointless

The other point to look at is if you look at Wei Wei's car before and after Dyno on the same machine, with a Cannon/without Cannon and you'll see his differences..

Ask him nicely and he might post the readouts...

Yes they are all Sportivo's on that list. Why the difference between stock Sportivo's??? I believe that the air temperature may play some part in that. From memory Lance and MTBrider ran earlier in the day as the air was cooler... ;)

Now we wait until the next CES Dyno day for more comparison's.

As for getting a Cannon, like I said, at the end of the day it's personal preference.....

ok cool ill ask him

do you remember how much loss he got

also i actually did feel a lossnot long after i got mine BUT i dont thinkit was the cannon i think it was fuel and a few other small things now i got the CAI on i got HUGE gains

that was by feel not dyno as i wouldnt bother haha

also i havent even reset ECU yet

The other point to look at is if you look at Wei Wei's car before and after Dyno on the same machine, with a Cannon/without Cannon and you'll see his differences..

Ask him nicely and he might post the readouts...

Yes they are all Sportivo's on that list.  Why the difference between stock Sportivo's???  I believe that the air temperature may play some part in that.  From memory Lance and MTBrider ran earlier in the day as the air was cooler... ;)

Now we wait until the next CES Dyno day for more comparison's.

As for getting a Cannon, like I said, at the end of the day it's personal preference.....

AZZAMATAZ and everyone else..

i guess our theory is that if the machine/dyno is running all day there has to be some sort of set figures and conditions for each and every vehicle tested. also i do have a strong feeling in how a car reacts to the way it was worn it, i for one didn't hit lift for a good 8,000km or so and for some reason feel that this may contribute to my KW figure may sound strange but as in the case of kyle with his ces,cai,extractors only making 1.5KW extra than mine which at the time only had Cai i contribute that to him hitting lift and working his car within the first week of owning it..

Comments?

i guess our theory is that if the machine/dyno is running all day there has to be some sort of set figures and conditions for each and every vehicle tested. also i do have a strong feeling in how a car reacts to the way it was worn it, i for one didn't hit lift for a good 8,000km or so and for some reason feel that this may contribute to my KW figure may sound strange but as in the case of kyle with his ces,cai,extractors only making 1.5KW extra than mine which at the time only had Cai i contribute that to him hitting lift and working his car within the first week of owning it..

Comments?

I like the theory. The thought of not flogging the car too much could affect the overall performance when you think about it, however, although I was hitting lift early on the job, I tended to vary my driving style considerably for about the first 5000k's or so.

From memory, I got the car about 5 minutes from collection, 50k's or so on the clock, and hit it... then drove peak hour home the rest of the way. The next day I did some highway in the am and city in the arvo.... and really varied it up. Maybe this explains my higher readout than Trevor & Wei Wei, I dunno. I guess these are the eternal questions that may never be answered correctly...

Either that, or my car is just a freak.... ;)

Comments?

I like the theory. The thought of not flogging the car too much could affect the overall performance when you think about it, however, although I was hitting lift early on the job, I tended to vary my driving style considerably for about the first 5000k's or so.

From memory, I got the car about 5 minutes from collection, 50k's or so on the clock, and hit it... then drove peak hour home the rest of the way. The next day I did some highway in the am and city in the arvo.... and really varied it up. Maybe this explains my higher readout than Trevor & Wei Wei, I dunno. I guess these are the eternal questions that may never be answered correctly...

Either that, or my car is just a freak.... ;)

This could be an interesting thing to test next dyno day ... for example, our wagon was babied in its early km's, I waited till over 2000km before I really gave it any stick. It'd be interesting to compare outputs for our car versus a 1ZZ with similar mods that was driven harder early on.

This could be an interesting thing to test next dyno day ... for example, our wagon was babied in its early km's, I waited till over 2000km before I really gave it any stick.  It'd be interesting to compare outputs for our car versus a 1ZZ with similar mods that was driven harder early on.

I'd also be interested to see how the auto goes on the dyno..

So if i decide to get the TRD cone filter system would i get an increase in torque and kw? is it loud.

what about exhaust systems? from cat back, what size is ideal for the 100kw motor? some say 3".

• 2 weeks later...

well i bought the race pipe from bgan and il see what its like but i got a quote for an exhaust cat back from catlehill mufflers $350 and he says they sound great.

hey guys

While i had my Stivo catback installed on my accent at Carline Mufflers

They had a cat back exhaust for stivos which showed a gain of 10kw

Dunno if its at wheels or not?

Anyone had one of these installed

10kw?! wow thats a lot!!

someone is selling that stivo catback in BUY & SELL

hahah~ is that u? :P

but.. is 10kw.. possible, guys?? if so.. wow.. that $100 is damn worth it..

$10/kw!!