Failed reverse sensors

boxerboy

you do have them turend on yeah?

I knew there's switch only a year after I bought my car.. :lol:

Anw, this happened to me last week. With the gear lights on the screen went off and several others including parking sensors.

The problem turned out to be a blown fuse. No idea how to check this, I brought it straight to Toyota.

Edited by VF-X

Yea it is quite easy to turn off by accident, before I got my reverse cam I had turned it off by accident and was backing up towards a mate's new VRX lancer. He was sitting in my car getting quite nervous cause I was getting pretty close, I assured him my sensors will warn me and not to worry. I realised later my sensors were off and I was actually very close to backing into his car lol.

Where is this switch? Do all models have them? The sensors are an optional extra on the ATX. Mine is the Toyota system, but I don't know if it was fitted during the build or later?

The switch is a button with a P on it on the bottom right of the steering wheel where there are 3 slots for buttons. It is lit up when turned on, you wont miss it if you have a look around

It's not there. 3 blanks spots. I guess the sensors were installed post factory?

Edited by boxerboy

So, I don't have a switch in the normal spot.

The noise doesn't beep when reverse is chosen, nor does it beep when I get close to a rear obstacle. Presuming mine should be on at all times, does anyone have any clue to this problem?

I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow.

edit:. Strange thing...today when reverse was selected it beeped, and then beeped as it should when it needed to.

Edited by boxerboy

i have the same system-it is a toyota system that is installed at the dealers,we had instructions etc with ours plus the toyota warranty stuff

i have found when reversing fast there will be no beeps at all,when going slowly it is fine,i would say anything over 10km's in reverse the sensors dont work jusy my 2 cents worth

cheers corey

My wife reports normal operation today. When it wasn't working, it wouldn't beep when reverse was selected or when approaching an obstruction at any speed. When it's working it normally beeps when reverse is selected.

i have the same system-it is a toyota system that is installed at the dealers,we had instructions etc with ours plus the toyota warranty stuff

i have found when reversing fast there will be no beeps at all,when going slowly it is fine,i would say anything over 10km's in reverse the sensors dont work jusy my 2 cents worth

cheers corey

Yeah it says it the manual that the sensors don't work when travelling over something like 10 km/h

cheers corey

Yeah it says it the manual that the sensors don't work when travelling over something like 10 km/h

i better slow down a bit then-lol

i have'nt even read the instructions yet even after 3 months-lol

i tend to follow instructions when i can't work it out etc

cheers