Orange plague in the air

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the dust settles, I am going to get the gerni and wash my car all over. Engine bay, underneath... the lot.

Then I will inspect the air filter and the intake to make sure no dust made it past the filter. I will vacuum the filter with the crevice attachment and see how it looks after that.

Then I will pull out my cabin air filter and throw that out. Then get the vacuum and shove it in the hole where the cabin filter goes to try and pick up any remaining dirt. Replace the cabin air filter and run fan on high for a few minutes. Take the filter out and vacuum and put back in.

I couldn't even see the city from the Mater Hospital at midday. Was coming through the air con too... that stuffy dusty smell.

Left work at 4.30 to find my car in the multi-story car park covered in dust... it's like someone stole my car for some outback cruising.

I hope none of you left your house windows open or had the washing on the line whilst at work... how ****** off would you be...

Once the dust settles, I am going to get the gerni and wash my car all over. Engine bay, underneath... the lot.

Then I will inspect the air filter and the intake to make sure no dust made it past the filter. I will vacuum the filter with the crevice attachment and see how it looks after that.

Then I will pull out my cabin air filter and throw that out. Then get the vacuum and shove it in the hole where the cabin filter goes to try and pick up any remaining dirt. Replace the cabin air filter and run fan on high for a few minutes. Take the filter out and vacuum and put back in.

sounds sensible.. thanks DJKOR

i read there might be another dust storm on a Saturday... hold off you hoses fellas!

LOL.. Get it?.. HOSES... get it? :clap:

I went to fill up petrol last night (Cheap Wednesday lol) and the pump had a nice coating of red dust...

Then I looked around at all the other cars filling up with me, most of them had a nice hue to them too! Lucky I had mine garaged lol...

Please tomorrow and day after clear!

Edited by DreadAngel

I opened up the air filter and inspected it. It was not discoloured at all so I dont think there is much cause for concern... even the intake area was fairly clean.

I only drove the car at 8 am for around an hour in Western Sydney.