ELEGNT

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey 313

If you need some motivation, remember that if you DO return it to stock, there will be a whitestivo parked out the front of your house intent on revenge.

Maybe just leave the colt and spend some time in the other machine in the garage, very nice.

whitestivo

no visible cracks in the diaphram, im testing the gate today and by the seams of it its seaseing up, as i couldnt press it in with 2 thumbs and all my force, and that would be ALOT more than a 15lb spring that i ask for, mother fukers

the turbo spooled so fast that i dont think adaptronic had the chance to even think it was overboosting. we where taking a real time log as we where going and it was looking fine. came onto boost and it was like 2,3,4 psi then before i could even blink it was at the stopped on my guage which is 25psi. after it all happened we went back an looked at the log and between 5 psi and 36 psi it happened in 0.2 of a second.

wish i got a power readout lols would have been 300hp at wheels at like 4k

EDIT: had the gate tested today at work didnt fully open till 52psi. mother of b*tch c*nt....going to kill the people i brought it off

my cousin had the exact same problem only 1-2months ago on his worked STI 07. The workshop was tuning it, cranked the boost to 20psi, push the piston out of place and fkd up the thread, on a 25k cosworth engine. ekkk! Apparently they used the wrong spark plugs not designed for the engine. They are fixing it all as they worked on the car and held full responsibility.

I'm surprised you didnt' end up blown to bits 313, that's a lot of boost

hey, at least you got the series 2 rims now on the white colt

whitestivo

i couldnt have blown it up any worse i dont think mate. NOTHING on the engine is savagable by the looks of it, so yes i did blow it to bits

and no they are series 1 wheels thats my second set now

Man i am so sorry to hear this. I feel for you so bad! I would be busting some balls at whoever supplied you the turbo.

Whatever you do don't give up just yet. Give it a bit and get back into it. A new engine will be cheaper than getting a new car given the $$$ you have already spent on the girl.

Dang 36psi spike....feel so sorry for you Rowan,i've watched over the past months the way you have turned this Colt into Phils nemisis and now it's all over,damn shame. :(

what ever you decide to do with the repairs or a completly new project i'm tipping it will be just as impressive as the the Colt and the Aurion were,good luck buddy.

Secaboy, I'd say that's the new engine sitting in that white car

Lee, yes nemisis no longer, now the hunted becomes the hunter... i know Rowan loved nothing more then 40kmh rolling starts against me... friggin colt...well no longer.

I'm just happy I got to have a day out with you rowan even when it would go to safe mode cause it overboosted... car was very quick until that point...

whitestivo

• 1 month later...

time for a little update: progress so far hasnt been much because ive only just finished uni exams

my car getting pulled appart

2ic4kfd.jpg

wri7vp.jpg

Holes on both sides of block

2zggu2u.jpg

one of the goodies i pulled out of the hole

2z4d7xd.jpg

cars looking simmilar now

vrxbn7.jpg

yeh there is another the same size on the other side of the block.

motor is going to get built. will pick up in a few weeks to get block either honed or bored oversize and crank linished.

rods are ordered. pistons are getting made atm