2007 Camry Sportivo and Lowering....help please.

nutters

i was wondering firstly if any has any knowledge of lowering a camry sportivo and what to do?

i still need to occasionally tow a reasonably heavy trailer so dont want it too low, but definitely want it low enough to look nice.

any suggestions of products or measurements for lowering? or any places in Adelaide that do a good job at a reasonable price?

cheers.

nutters

Your best bet is probably to get lowered springs professionally fitted. King springs are very popular and any good suspension place will fit them for you. You simply have to choose how much you want your car lowered by and I think that you can choose the stiffness of the springs as well - you'd probably want them reasonably stiff if you're towing a trailer. I've heard good things about Wheelworx (look them up on Google). They have one of SA's largest (if not the largest) range of wheels, tyres, suspension parts etc. and will be able to lower your car for you. It'll probably cost you around $400 - $600 fully installed, depending on where you go.

Your other option is to get coilovers (I'm not sure if these are legal in SA, so you'd have to check). Coilovers are VERY stiff and allow you to change the height of your car in about 1hr. However, coilovers are quite expensive (around $1500 - $1700 installed) and are generally only needed if you're going to take your car to a track.

Hope this helps :)

P.S. Please correct me anyone if I have got something wrong.

i dont think i will go with the coilovers, simply because im doing it more for the looks and secondly i dont have a huge amount of money to spend.

thanks for your input though, it is greatly appreciated :D

Edited by nutters

i dont think i will go with the coil covers, simply because im doing it more for the looks and secondly i dont have a huge amount of money to spend.

thanks for your input though, it is greatly appreciated :D

No worries mate =) Good luck with the Sportivo!

In that case just go with lower spring as for Coilover depends on the brand ( tein ) so far the comfort compare the rest such as D2 coilover or BC coilover. Try Lower spring then you will find good lower and comfort ride . Good luck

By the way is your Aurion suspension heavy duty model? cos I'm from Singapore our suspension just normal type .

As heavy duty combine with lower spring will be good enough....just choose correct lower spring will do, personally I like Eibach Lower spring or H&R lower spring give you ride 1.5/2 fingers front and 2,5/3 fingers rear feeling comfort n firm. As for Tein lower spring or Espelir intend to go lower as 1 fingers front and 1.5 fingers rear feeling comfort but to soft.

• 2 years later...

Lowering is not on my mind but i'm thinking it's a Camry!!! I'm not tall so i have everything to gain from a low car but yeh, it's a camry would it look odd?

Those who have lowered, please convince me (with pics if possible).

Lowering is not on my mind but i'm thinking it's a Camry!!! I'm not tall so i have everything to gain from a low car but yeh, it's a camry would it look odd?

Those who have lowered, please convince me (with pics if possible).

LOls I'm guessing you haven't seen private numbers ride yet

393361_287392011312339_100001246268216_880734_152061528_n.jpg

imag0466r.jpg

IMG_7022_2.jpg

dsc6416.jpg

Oops i meant to say "now on my mind". I guess the other thing is you don't see many modded camries so it just look weird. I*'m noy going to mod my car, just getting it lowered i think.

Any advices on what to get and how much lowered?

read his thread, - the first few pages shows him using what type of low springs and some photos to show how low he went,

He's got coils so that's out of the question (too pricey). Might look for springs only, Teins tend to be lower than eibach so i might think about Teins.

Anyone else with camry lowered on springs?

read his thread, - the first few pages shows him using what type of low springs and some photos to show how low he went,

He's got coils so that's out of the question (too pricey). Might look for springs only, Teins tend to be lower than eibach so i might think about Teins.

- lowered her 35mm with kingsprings all round

2a62ohy.jpg

2q2haaa.jpg

The easiest and most affordable thing to do is get kingsprings. As you can see as jeffy had linked, it gave me a 35mm dropped. IMO if youre still carrying a family around then this would be ideal. Never bottomed out, yet (at the time) it looked slammed in comparison to a stock camry.

but for the sake of your question, you may want to click this link

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-5th-6th-generation-2002-2006-2007-2011/227981-gen-6-suspension-thread-coils-spring-strut-bar-sway-bar.html

Thanks privtate number.

35mm is roughly 1.4". Is it an even drop front and rear or should the front need a little more drop than the rear? the picture is kinda hard to see.

According to RTA rules you can't go more than 50mm, BUT the current requirement of lowring cars is you need to get an engineering certicate (no matter how low the drop). Could you say it was like that when you bought it cos the rule take into effect from 2009 :whistling: ?

From the link, i recon Tein S-Tech SKC52-AUB00 drop 1.6"/1.5" will suit best.