Airconditioning

sx6er

Hey everybody,

Just a question about the airconditioning system. the other day it was about 23 outside and i switched on the A/C but it felt more cool than cold. i bumped it up to the max and still didn't get any chill from the system. but yesterday i drove the company toyota van (it was also 23 outside) and when on low fan speed i felt goosebumps. comparing the two id say the van was more or less the type im used to. im not sure if there is a problem with my A/C in my car but maybe i just need to re-gas it. any comments or comparisson with your cars would be great.

cheers,

Thim

I have noticed that the air conditioning on my Aurion somewhat doesn't feel as cold as I remember it was when I first got it. I'm guessing though that this is more of me getting used to it more than anything. I only use my aircon for about one day a week though.

Even though the temperature was the same outside, did you have more air flow over the radiator in your van than you did on the Aurion when you were making that comparison? Simple things like that can make a big difference to the air conditioning feel.

From my experience on fan high its cool. on low fan its ice cold. I even had my air con replaced recently(kangaroo, hello!) and the same thing- cold on low, cool on high.

Is that on the fresh setting or recirculate or both ?

From my experience on fan high its cool. on low fan its ice cold. I even had my air con replaced recently(kangaroo, hello!) and the same thing- cold on low, cool on high.

Is that on the fresh setting or recirculate or both ?

i've always found that when using the A/C, recirc is the best way to give you maximum coldness. however don't leave it on recirc too long on long trips, CO2 is not that good for the brain, tires you out a bit, and thats dangerous. every now and then i switch between fresh and recirc, and no worries about falling asleep at the wheel! hope that helps!

Hey everybody,

Just a question about the airconditioning system. the other day it was about 23 outside and i switched on the A/C but it felt more cool than cold. i bumped it up to the max and still didn't get any chill from the system. but yesterday i drove the company toyota van (it was also 23 outside) and when on low fan speed i felt goosebumps. comparing the two id say the van was more or less the type im used to. im not sure if there is a problem with my A/C in my car but maybe i just need to re-gas it. any comments or comparisson with your cars would be great.

cheers,

Thim

yea i dunno just my personal opinion, i don't reckon the aircon in the Aurion is anything special. i was in my friends 05 Astra and it seemed much better in comparison to the Aurion

Hey everybody,

cheers,

Thim

yea i dunno just my personal opinion, i don't reckon the aircon in the Aurion is anything special. i was in my friends 05 Astra and it seemed much better in comparison to the Aurion

Got to remember that the astra has much less cabin space than the aurion... I've never really had an issue with the coldness of the aurion air con... I actually find that even on the warmest days the air con gets too cold... Especially in the foot wells

Actually guys, slightly off topic - Yesterday I took my Aurion for a run for the first time in about a week... cranked up the Aircon and noticed that there were some very acidic fumes coming from the aircon vents, has anyone had this problem? If so is there an easy fix or should I be taking this to toyota?

Actually guys, slightly off topic - Yesterday I took my Aurion for a run for the first time in about a week... cranked up the Aircon and noticed that there were some very acidic fumes coming from the aircon vents, has anyone had this problem? If so is there an easy fix or should I be taking this to toyota?

I would be taking it back ASAP may indicate a leak in the system.

• 3 years later...

Thursday during a drive in 30+ temps the aircon was useless.

Set on feet/chest, fan high, coldest setting the car was hot.

Set to chest only it was better, but still not as cold as the aircon in my other Aurion.

There was a hint of an unusual odour also, not one I've smelled before.

Any ideas?

Thursday during a drive in 30+ temps the aircon was useless.

Set on feet/chest, fan high, coldest setting the car was hot.

Set to chest only it was better, but still not as cold as the aircon in my other Aurion.

There was a hint of an unusual odour also, not one I've smelled before.

Any ideas?

Could need a re-gas and maybe the cabin filter needs a change, I noticed an improvement in the air quality when I had mine changed

Yeah, I thought it may need a regas, but wanted to check if anyone had a similar problem that had a simple fix.

The car has done 65K and my other one has 69K and still works fine.

Went for a drive with the temp at 30c, had the air con on, I had to decrease the fan speed because it was freezing me lol. Will probably get the filter/regas all done anyway when I take it to the dealer