Footwell lights in 2009 Levin ZR

after christmas/new years is fine. im only allowed to drive the car after christmas since its a present...Cuong if you're putting in new lights how about i buy the old ones of you? Or are they no good anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

Installed and everything worked well, for 2 days :( The controller remembers last state leds were in. Also I can change colors and brightnes to something that suits me well. Well here comes a bad part. These terminals are crap. Somewhat they lost contact and it seems like Ill have to solder everything. Tried to do one but for some reason wire doesnt want to stick :( to the led. I propably do something wrong.

Great to hear you got it all working smoothly, congrats :D I thought the crimp terminals may be a bit how-ya-goin.

Anyhoo, Be sure to strip off all the clear poly cover, and gently sand the pad with some 800grit wet'n'dry paper. Tin your pads, tin your wire, and have a hot small iron and solder with a tiny blob of additional solder. I would say heat and contamination would be your problems. Be sure to get some heat shrink to to slip over the solder/end of the SMD strip.

If needed also clean the tabs with a little metho.

Q: did your solder have a flux core? Flux assists with removing contamination..I also hope you used lead solder. Lead free solder sux.

Hope that helps a little

Edit: Found this vid,

• 4 weeks later...

White with red stripe and the white one on the right hand-side. If I was you I would use a multi-metre and double check and mark the polarity when installing your foot lights. Good Luck!

HELLLLPPPPPP. I have teh 08 ZRE and there are only 3 wires and they are all white and pink, there are no blue wires. which one is the positive?

Thanks, How do I tell which wire is positive or negative from my actual lights, One wire is black with grey markings, and the other is just plain black?

Buy yourself a multimeter. Even a $7.95 one will do the trick (so long as you don't intend on using it for reasonable accurate stuff). They are handy to have in situations like these.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure if this is helpful..

i have posted the full factory installation menu in here a while ago for fog lights, spoiler and skirt for our zre 2010+. It is not easy to install

http://au.toyotaowne...ight-skirt-etc/

search in google like this

PART NUMBER site:http://www.toyota-tech.eu

Edited by ben yip

• 1 year later...