A little rant

I have owned my 03 sportivo for few years now.. Got it through a personal loan and owe about 9 grand. My aerial is snapped off I have a dint above front right wheel and two small dints on the left passanger door from a trolley that I found up against my car. Now it makes me not want to wash my car or make it look nice I got quoted 700 for combined repairs and I am at uni working my ***** off while at uni and paying to get it fixed feels like a huge waste of $$$ that I could save. Anyone ever had a prob like this I love my car now hate it

dude im going through the same thing....

but i realised i have a good quality car and if i sell it for a crapper, with my luck it means ill need a new engine or something!

and when i mean a cheap car i mean around 4k. fair enough i would love to have a lil project car to work on from scratch, but i seem to have bad luck with old cars and i dont like risks.......

so if i just keep making my payments on my personal loan, im happy to keep my sportivo, which i love and respect.

i say just get the repairs done when you can and dont let it stress you out.

even if you sell it you will still need a car to get to uni and if you by a cheaper car you run the risk of having to fork out more money.

fair enough you might get a reasonable cheap car and i would like to get one too, but i dont have the time on my plate to go searching for a well looked after older car.

not to mention the time it might take you to fix your car and then sell it.

i was considering a trade in + cash my way. but i feel alot of the cars offered to me will break down or have certain problems.( NRMA check would be good for that though)

good luck dude.....

and like i said until i work out my plan a bit better im going to hold on to mine.

save the money to repair it... it's only going to **** you more the longer it's there and if you don;t wish to wash it now and you don't fix it your going to have a bloody sad little car in a years time

Sadly, this is something you have to expect from owning a car or any property for that matter. Things get vandalised and it just can't be helped. Yeah.. damn you scums.

I felt very angry one day coming out to my car with 1 deep continuous key mark all the way from the rear door to the headlight on the passenger side.

I learnt a very valuable and expensive lesson - Never park somewhere ghetto.

we all have our little dramas with cars, i dont own my stivo yet, and when i hit a person they scratched my car.. a cat tried jumping on it on my boot and has cat scraches.. i have little stone chips from driving on highways... these things happen...

now.. my car is hardly driven, and its a weekend car, 100km's a week? max 200... saving petrol, brakes, tyres, paint not driving it...but lucky me has a train station near bye, spoe u mighten me so lucky..

Both my cars have rooted paint, and one of them has many small dents on it. And I love them both, and am passionate about both of them.

Granted, I got them in much this condition, but I look forward to fixing both of them [particularly fully restoring the TX3]. It's really just how look at it.

Gav.

bit older so bought the stivo with cash, part of the reason why i got the stivo was 20k was my cash at the time

I keep her in good nick so one day, someone else can have a nice sportivo and pay me well for it.

get it fixed pronto, damaged stivos make me sad

whitestivo

I have owned my 03 sportivo for few years now.. Got it through a personal loan and owe about 9 grand. My aerial is snapped off I have a dint above front right wheel and two small dints on the left passanger door from a trolley that I found up against my car. Now it makes me not want to wash my car or make it look nice I got quoted 700 for combined repairs and I am at uni working my ***** off while at uni and paying to get it fixed feels like a huge waste of $$$ that I could save. Anyone ever had a prob like this I love my car now hate it

Don't buy TOYS on credit! ;)

My aerial is stuffed too my car has trolley dents and scuffs and the rear bar clear has seen better days

But I wash her every week polish once a month give or take

look after the car regardless of its current condition as the APATHY will end up destroying what was a nice stivo

• 2 weeks later...

If you think thats bad, my second car was a 4th gen honda prelude..

I blew the head on it twice, I remember I was taking it to my mechanic to help fix the head gasket and on the way smoke just pour out of my bonnet while I was on the Western Freeway, second time a similar thing happened though it happened the moment I got it there.. so had to fork out **** loads to grind the head down the first time and the second time I just changed it completely.. about two months after that some b#tch slammed into my car going about 60~70 in a parking lot, the car got completely written off and I didn't have insurance at the time, so she took me to court to sew me for damages, went my way though so I got some of the cash back from what the car was worth..

I liked the car back then so I started to work 3 different jobs to get the car back onto the road after working on it for about 3 months we took off the right fender and spotted some dodgie wielding only to relize that the car hand been wielding together with a half cut.. now the car just fkn sitting in my garage and hasn't been touched or driven since <_<

I was a pretty big Honda Fanboy back then, but to be honest I never want to own another fkn honda again! too much of a fkn headache :angry:

LOL first car was an R31 Skyline which was tough as nutts hahaha!

I blew the head on it twice, I remember I was taking it to my mechanic to help fix the head gasket and on the way smoke just pour out of my bonnet while I was on the Western Freeway, second time a similar thing happened though it happened the moment I got it there.. so had to fork out **** loads to grind the head down the first time and the second time I just changed it completely.. about two months after that some b#tch slammed into my car going about 60~70 in a parking lot, the car got completely written off and I didn't have insurance at the time, so she took me to court to sew me for damages, went my way though so I got some of the cash back from what the car was worth..

I liked the car back then so I started to work 3 different jobs to get the car back onto the road after working on it for about 3 months we took off the right fender and spotted some dodgie wielding only to relize that the car hand been wielding together with a half cut.. now the car just fkn sitting in my garage and hasn't been touched or driven since <_<

I was a pretty big Honda Fanboy back then, but to be honest I never want to own another fkn honda again! too much of a fkn headache :angry:

man what a story, why did she take you to court when she hit u?? did you do something wrong?? did she have insurance? ?

Not on a Corolla, but on my Paseo a big end died within a month of me owning the car. Cost me 1/3 the price of the car to get a new engine/full service and if I could go back I would do it all again - car hasn't missed a single beat since spending the money, and I am sure it won't for a lot longer than I'm going to own it for.

man what a story, why did she take you to court when she hit u?? did you do something wrong?? did she have insurance? ?

Yeah she did, I told her to make the claim coz I didnt' have insurance, and her insurance company thought it was a good idea to take me to court coz they thought I wouldn't fight it and just pay up.. she was lying thru her ****, lucky I had a witness which pretty much won it for me.

Since I bought the rolla I havent had any problems with it thank god, just one little great car :lol: