I'd like you all to meet Pandora

gimmebo0st

'96 Toyota Paseo

170xxxkm

Bought it for a bargain of $4000 from a dealer because it was advertised as a '92 Paseo on a car sales website and they had to give it to me for the advertised price.

29mkcxg.jpg

2cqodbt.jpg

ivd69w.jpg

2a0mctw.jpg

Any mods anyone would like to suggest? :P

Mods:

- X Racing Front strut bar

- X Racing Short shifter

- TRD gear knob

- Nardi steering wheel

- Catback exhaust system (2" full cat back)

- 14" K Speed Wheels

- Chrome Intakes short ram intake

- Aftermarket fog lights

Edited by gimmebo0st

Nice ride broo

i got the same thing, and yea their prettty good daily cars :)

40 bucks fuel for the weeek, with heavy acceleration :P

uhmm Pod filter makes a bit of difference, i really didnt like the stock intake, im planning on running a CAI from under the splash gaurd i'll see how that goes.

Let me know how u go with the HID's, cos im keen on dropping some of them in :D

i notice u got a bigger muffler in there...is that a cat back system??

i wanna put one in but not too sure if it'll be worth doing!

Nice, what engine do they run in those?

They run a 5EFE engine mate. Pure economy lol

Nice ride broo

i got the same thing, and yea their prettty good daily cars :)

40 bucks fuel for the weeek, with heavy acceleration :P

uhmm Pod filter makes a bit of difference, i really didnt like the stock intake, im planning on running a CAI from under the splash gaurd i'll see how that goes.

Let me know how u go with the HID's, cos im keen on dropping some of them in :D

i notice u got a bigger muffler in there...is that a cat back system??

i wanna put one in but not too sure if it'll be worth doing!

It's just an aftermarket muffler (VROOM) but I do plan on putting a catback system on it (I was quoted $800 Autojoy - is this a good price?)

Definately will consider installing a pod filter, or CAI.. Will need to do a bit more research or get some advice from you guys =)

I've seen a CAI on a Paseo which was taken from a Honda Accord, looked cool being under the car but wouldn't that get soaked when it rains??

Also, would it be worth getting some aftermarket performance headers?

I've had a look at the OBX headers for the Paseo, would they add a bit more power without decreasing fuel efficiency?

*Lose the cannon

*16" wheels are the upper limits to what I'd run, 15" are even better

*Extractors do make a fair bit of difference, Hurricane or Tiger headers are pretty cheap and work a lot better than the Pacemakers.

*If you're paying more than $400 for a catback system, you're getting ripped off

*2" catback is all I would run, any bigger and it's going to sound terrible.

*CAI is pretty easy to do, all you need is a 3" 45* and a 3" 90* plus a small vacuum fitting. All you're required to do is cut them to length and weld it up, or even just join them with a silicone joiner.

*King springs aren't great if you still want your car to handle decent. Don't forget that most EP92 Starlet stuff will bolt onto your car - I'd found a set of low km TRD adjustables for $500, they would handle MUCH better than just Kings.

*Finally, make sure you get a Superpro bush kit and have them installed. It will make a HUGE difference.

*If you're paying more than $400 for a catback system, you're getting ripped off

*2" catback is all I would run, any bigger and it's going to sound terrible.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction where to find a catback system for the paseo? I'll definately want to install it ASAP.

Edited by gimmebo0st

Just go to your local muffler store and tell em what you want, they'll fab one up. Getting a pre-made one will prolly be more expencive.

Get mandrel bends if you can, it'll be more expencive tho.

Just go to your local muffler store and tell em what you want, they'll fab one up. Getting a pre-made one will prolly be more expencive.

Get mandrel bends if you can, it'll be more expencive tho.

Thanks for the advice mate. What are the benefits of having mandrel bends?

Free'er flowing - the alternative which is Crush bends have reduced diameter where the bends are because they are 'crushed'. A mandrel bend is a pre-formed bend created by putting a mandrel through the pipe so that it keeps the same diameter. More difficult to create tho, so costs more, takes more time to make the exhaust as well cause they dont just grab a big bit of pipe and bend, more welding.

Heres a few shots for comparison:

Crush bent (random off a search)

crushbent.jpg

You can see how the diameter of the pipe is reduced around the bends.

Mandrel bends (my own)

exhaust1.jpg

See how the pipe is consistent, even around the bends. Make sure its painted or coated in some way if you get mild steel, if you dont it'll rust. You can see theres a mild steel flange on there thats been painted. Oh and yes I know its not a good idea to route it past the suspension there, but no probs so far, exhaust place did that, wasn't my idea.

Just so you know, it was $800ish to install that not including mufflers which I supplied, its also stainless and included tuned headers install, so for you should be like $300 for mild steel + cost of mufflers. Don't forget a mid muffler or 'resonator' whatever you do... or it'll be unlivable.

Mandrel bent is a complete waste of time and most importantly money on a Paseo. I am not being an ***** - I am being truthful.

Yeah I'll probably just get press bends for it. I figured I'll save my money for when I get a more sporty car.

enjoy its good looks and improve it's handling, but ditch the speed mods as you still gonna get schooled by a kia rio

whitestivo

Haha this is true, I'm actually really impressed with the strut bar. Just going to make pretty. Hehe

Hot! Nice catch man!

just an opinion: lose the red stripe, it looks like an old Ford from the front.

I'm actually quite a big fan of the red stripe, it makes it look more unique than other paseos around.

• 2 weeks later...

Pic of steering wheel. Oh, and you can also see the sexy TRD knob there hehe

1zd93s2.jpg

Cat back system installed w/ X Force tip! Sounds nice and deep, not too loud

25ti73t.jpg

2z6f52g.jpg

35n4g3q.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by gimmebo0st