[VIC] Sunday 7th March - Cruise & Dinner

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm here every night. lol. ;P

This time its gonna cost you haha. :P kidding.

Also, I think you have a fascination with narrow gravel roads... Circa October 2009.

I think its time to jack up our cars boys.

Hahahah, I swear it's not intentional! Thank god I was chatting to someone today at work who'd actually driven it, otherwise it would have been another nasty surprise lol

i dont mind the gravel :spiteful:

please inc me on the cruise and dinner.

thanks tash....

No worries Andy, would be good to see you again :)

my Aurion dosn't do dirt/gravel roads :( ....please find another route.

Don't worry Lee, all fixed - heading back to Healesville after Marysville and then to Coldstream, and then to Lilydale. Just gunna check up with a friend later tonight who has proper road maps so I can confirm they're all bitumen and nice :) You follow the Maroondah HWY to Coldstream so surely that's a nice paved road all the way!

pretty sure you can do marysville to reefton, warburton and so on and its all made roads. ive done the round before, but started in warby and headed to m'ville and back around to h'ville.

Ah yep I see the way that you mean. The roads are all meant to have been cleaned up since the bushfires as well, so that is another alternative we can decide on during the day. Although the Black Spur would be interesting to tackle from both directions :D

hey tash...

this is the route we most commonly choose when cruising this way...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...877533&z=10

thoughts?

Hey Andy, this is what I was looking for when I first started the thread. Looks pretty good to me, will just cut out the Mt Donna Buang part and might include the lake. Macca's is probably a better meeting spot too although the car park is a bit of a funny shape. I checked out the Marysville to Cambarville to Reefton to McMahon's Creek to Warburton route last night and it looks good to me, so I'll just need to update the route to go that way, so I'll do that tonight when I get home.

I've been informed by Tash that there is an updated cruise route to be uploaded but I clearly forgot to catch up with her to obtain it tonight. We'll get the updated route uploaded as soon as possible. :)

Heheh yes it's finished - initial meeting point is the same as we can all reverse angle park in a line to kick off and I haven't include the lake near Lilydale but I reckon if we want to do that on the day we can. The doco I've put together is basically an overall view of where we're going with some instruction, not a full-on set of directions.

So it'll be up some time today ;)

Oh and I also called the Garage Cafe last night but got the answering machine, so I've left a message for them to call me back. I will give them a day or so to get back to me and then call again. I've asked for a table for 10 seeings there are only about 4 of us who've confirmed for dinner and so there are spare seats to cover those who decide on the day. Or should I book a table for 15? Oh and I also asked for the garage space in there lol

Edited by Tash

i'd prob leave it for ten if only 4 have confirmed as if only 4 do stay for dinner already have taken up table space etc where they could have let another booking in and more cash for them etc.

cheers

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, have probably over-booked already for ten. Just double checked and there are 5 down so far for dinner, plus a passenger I'm bringing along so that makes 6. Anyone else coming to dinner??

On another note the updated cruise route is now up! You can get it at http://www.gcompservice.com/tocau/TOCAU%20...Cruise%20V2.doc :) Once again, please make yourself familiar with where we're going and I'll see you at the meeting point next Sunday :yahoo:

oh dear :(. Thats not good! You should all go to pancake parlour!!! mmmm pancakes!

We should stop at lilydale lake, coz its got big car parks and its actually not to bad of a place. Just dont go swimming!

That will be my last stop, as i live not to far from there. Looking forward to the day :)

I cant upload the map coz i dont have MS office :(.

Your still meeting at wattle glen yeah..... at peppers paddock reserve.....10:30am?!

oh dear :(. Thats not good! You should all go to pancake parlour!!! mmmm pancakes!

We should stop at lilydale lake, coz its got big car parks and its actually not to bad of a place. Just dont go swimming!

That will be my last stop, as i live not to far from there. Looking forward to the day :)

I cant upload the map coz i dont have MS office :(.

Your still meeting at wattle glen yeah..... at peppers paddock reserve.....10:30am?!

Don't have Open Office or anything? Definitely at 10:30 am to leave at 11, but I'll change the meeting point to the McDonald's at Hurstbridge. And I'll include the lake :)

Tash, I could be wrong but wasn't that Pepper Paddock place filled with holes where the cars was meant to be parked?

I don't remember any potholes other than one right up the end near the car parks at the store.. But anyway I'll change the meeting point to the McDonald's at Hurstbridge, but still at 10:30am for an 11am kick off.

*sigh* This is why I didn't want to end up having to plan all of this - I'm the one who lives furthest away and knows the least about Melbourne! Lol.. I'll just make our last stop the lake and we can decide on a dinner venue there.

So the third version will be up later tonight! :)

Edited by Tash

*sigh* This is why I didn't want to end up having to plan all of this - I'm the one who lives furthest away and knows the least about Melbourne! Lol..

Your doing okay so far ;)

Keep it up Tash and put the Melburnians to shame! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P

Your a doing a great job Tash and it is appreciated :clap: and it's not your fault there closed sundays (wtf :blink: ) lets just play dinner by ear as you suggested and see what happens...sometimes unplanned get togethers are often the best ones. :)

*sigh* This is why I didn't want to end up having to plan all of this - I'm the one who lives furthest away and knows the least about Melbourne! Lol..

Your doing okay so far ;)

Keep it up Tash and put the Melburnians to shame! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P

You a doing a great job Tash and it is appreciated :clap: and it's not your fault there closed sundays (wtf :blink: ) lets just play dinner by ear as you suggested and see what happens...sometimes unplanned get togethers are often the best ones. :)

Heheh cheers Guni & Lee. Yeah I was a bit shattered that they're closed on Sunday's, it's a great venue. I didn't get the chance to update the route last night so hope to do so today at work or later tonight. Basically I'll just change the meeting point to the McDonald's and I'll end the cruise at the Lilydale Lake and we can decide on where we're headed from there.

As you say Lee unplanned stuff can be great too :D It's going to be brilliant either way - I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all! Plus there will be a new 'performance' item on my car heheheheh..

I might skip dinner as I've got a Winton the next day and arriving back from Queensland the day before ....

Full on start of the month for me it will be .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might skip dinner as I've got a Winton the next day and arriving back from Queensland the day before ....

Full on start of the month for me it will be .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now theres a hardcore TOCAU member right there :clap: