ZRE Bonnet Dampers & Custom TailLights

1z6czu9.jpg

Anyone has experience of choosing and installing bonnet dampers on Auris? Would like to hear how "powerful" dampers are good for the car and how to install them best?

Another thing which I and many other drivers are interested are custom taillights. Maybe LED type, but not necessarily. There's been some pictures of them on ZRE Hot Hatch Potential -thread, but no-one seems to know where to buy the lights from. I suspect that they are probably custom made, anyone who can confirm that? Maybe some DIY available?

ledaur1.jpg

73671400.jpg

JDM tail light mod included here

bbs_5.jpg

Best regards, Alex

No one seems to be able to get info on those lights yet. Member SHIRE-ZRE has bonnet struts from Thailand i think but the red ones in the top pic are made by TOMS but i cant find the part number :(

No one seems to be able to get info on those lights yet. Member SHIRE-ZRE has bonnet struts from Thailand i think but the red ones in the top pic are made by TOMS but i cant find the part number :(

The part number isn't that important. What I would like to know is the lenght and power as then I'd be probably able to go to the local shop and buy a pair of the right ones. Then there'd be only installation process left... :D

Best regards, Alex

Any luck sourcing the bonnet dampers yet Alex?

I got the info that they are from TOMs and have also couple of pics:

p3.jpg

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

I did not manage to find the TOMs webpage though and don't have installation instructions/specs of the dampers.

If I found TOMs webpage, things could change... Anyone to help?

Best regards, Alex

i got quoted around $490AUD not shipped :S

Where'd you found them?

They don't have to be for ZRE and not for car at all. I went to the supermarket and found there universal dampers for all purposes in different lenght and lifting power range. It's pretty easy to make a choice if you know how would be best to install them and which lenght and power to use, as they're all packed in the shop. Well you know, always easier to not to be the first one :) Even though I've done many DIY things which just came to my head!

Best regards, Alex

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/products/parts...s.php?mprID=277

under ZRE-15#H

i asked my contact in japan that used to import rc parts for me, now he does some small auto items now, im also waiting on a reply on a fellow forum member to get back to me on where he got his one done

Charlie

Edited by flipsta24

i asked my contact in japan that used to import rc parts for me, now he does some small auto items now, im also waiting on a reply on a fellow forum member to get back to me on where he got his one done

Charlie

Please let me know when you'll get some new info!

Best regards, Alex

• 3 weeks later...
Bingo! :D

ZRE LED smoked and normal!

I think these are the same ones we have been looking for... I suppose Nengun can order them, or i may be able to get them thru my contact...

oris-led-red.jpg

oris-led-sm.jpg

Pete your a legend LOL!!...now is there by any chance you can get em in? if so please let me know as i will definatley be getting a set!....:D :D

Yeah i can get them i pretty sure. If we do a group buy, it will be a bit better. I have to add my Jap chicks finders fee, + Jap bank fees and internal(jap) postage, plus EMS out to us.. Normally this works out about AU$70-100 on top, without the EMS. So if we can get a few pair, this would drop each individual's additional costs.

Its just that my pal in Japan works for a big VIP company, and she only does this off her own back to help me out knowing i love VIP stuff and Japan in general. So its up to her, but i can def ask. Ill wait for a few other members to see what i can do...

:)

Yeah i can get them i pretty sure. If we do a group buy, it will be a bit better. I have to add my Jap chicks finders fee, + Jap bank fees and internal(jap) postage, plus EMS out to us.. Normally this works out about AU$70-100 on top, without the EMS. So if we can get a few pair, this would drop each individual's additional costs.

Its just that my pal in Japan works for a big VIP company, and she only does this off her own back to help me out knowing i love VIP stuff and Japan in general. So its up to her, but i can def ask. Ill wait for a few other members to see what i can do...

:)

can you add the zze led taillights to the group buy? that might help with numbers though i'm not in...

Looks pretty similar to me, not sure how smoked they are. I also have noted that there is a holding house you can use for rakuten, the cost isnt too bad, but remember international TT fees will apply also, so the additional fees may add up in the long run. That link shows the lights at a cheaper price tho...

Looks pretty similar to me, not sure how smoked they are. I also have noted that there is a holding house you can use for rakuten, the cost isnt too bad, but remember international TT fees will apply also, so the additional fees may add up in the long run. That link shows the lights at a cheaper price tho...

i got quoted approx 425USD incl. shipping for a set of these lights. yeah they dont looked smoked much if at all. but its still better than stock.

US$425 would be about right. Its hard to say exactly. I have to pay internal Jap postage fees to, ie from k-loop to my contact, so that adds a bit more.

She has phoned K-loop and they wont do any cheaper for group/bulk buys <_< so ill try the Rakuten place also for prices..