TRD 3500SL or ZR6 MY10

Bye Bye TRD

I sold my TRD a month ago and still feeling the pain. Anyways, have worked out finances with my partner and planning to get something by June/July.

I am confused which one should i get. I have been looking around and didn't find anything that match the performance and drive of TRD around 40K. Yes 40K is the budget that we have set for the next ride.

Anyways, it has come down to the two now. No matter how many recalls happen, i am still going to go with a TOYOTA. However, i have two options now. Either get a TRD 3500SL or Aurion ZR6. I have never driven the ZR6. I am not sure how much different it is from the TRD. Some power and suspension and braking etc etc. But i am not that much of a technical guy. What would be good for a long run.

I have few comments.

1. I want white aurion but 3500SL is not available in this color.

2. Don't like the tail lights for new ZR6 :(

3. Maintenance cost of TRD is more than ZR6 (brake, tyres, fuel, servicing etc etc)

4. TRD's are unique. Don't see them that often. ZR6 are everywhere. Spot atleast 10 - 15 every day :(

5. ZR6 might be a good value for money in the long run but i don't know how to explain this.

6. I can do some mods with ZR6 and try to make it unique but TRD will be stock and i won't change it as i love the way it is :). But mods will cost extra :(

Please guys help :(

in that case, but an excel... :lol:

Blashphemy!! :o

I suppose it depends what you want out of the car. The TRD is much more unique and exclusive, and if you want the improved performance, then that is the way to go. The ZR6 is a powerful, smooth handling car, but it won't feel as good as the TRD. I used to think my mothers ACV36R 4cyl Camry Sportivo was powerful when I had a Lancer, but after driving my ZR6 it feels slow and sluggish. On the other hand, is the improvements/exclusivity of the TRD worth the extra you'll be slugged for insurance, maintenance, etc?

Also, TRDs are as rare as rockinghorse sh*t. Surely there wouldn't be too many people in a real hurry to sell?

insurance isnt as bad as you think...

for the first year, i was paying $500ish with AAMI rating 1

this is the second year and i'm paying $900ish with AAMI rating 1

(go figure how AAMI can just jack up the price like that! apparently they did a review of my car, my age and my address :lol:)

well, if phil agrees with me, then i change my position!!! :lol: :P

seriously though... if you can deal with the idea of buying a used performance vehicle, then buy the TRD... by the sounds of things, you dont like the stylings of the new ZR6, so i fail to see why its even an option... :huh:

maybe i'm different, but i have to LOVE the overall design of the car before i even consider buying it...

insurance isnt as bad as you think...

for the first year, i was paying $500ish with AAMI rating 1

this is the second year and i'm paying $900ish with AAMI rating 1

(go figure how AAMI can just jack up the price like that! apparently they did a review of my car, my age and my address :lol:)

I was paying $2000 bcz of a bad history :(

seriously though... if you can deal with the idea of buying a used performance vehicle, then buy the TRD... by the sounds of things, you dont like the stylings of the new ZR6, so i fail to see why its even an option... :huh:

maybe i'm different, but i have to LOVE the overall design of the car before i even consider buying it...

I agree. TRD has such an eye catching style that you don't have to spend a penny. May be change the wheels but other than that its perfect.

I really want a white TRD but it is only available in 3500S. The person who bough my TRD put it on sale after a week. What a loser. If he was going to sell it then why buy. I could have kept it if he hasn't bought it. Quick and stupid decision by me and him.

There are quite a few available on car sales atm. I am really interested in the WHITE 3500S which was the display car for TRD. Its has less than 2000km on the clock. If not this one then i will go for a black SL. Quite a few black on sale now. Let see.

Thanks for the advise. I think i will go with my heart and opt for a TRD. I hope they are available when i have the funds **fingers crossed**

even to this day, i've only seen 1 white one in real life...

they are rare as rocking horse sh!t!!!

it'd actually be interesting to get the official numbers from toyota of exactly how many they sold and in what colours and what models...

maybe CHA54 can help everyone out by talking to wade's dad!?! :D pllleeeaaasssseeeee!!!! :lol:

oh My goodness

what are you asking :unsure:

of course the Legend TRD

especially After stopping the manufacture.....

Whatever the color might be.........Black is outstanding as an example ;)

and from youe comments above clearly you stile in love With it :rolleyes:

Unfortunately does not exist in our markets :(

good luck

regards.......

Edited by Aurion Syr

Dpends what u wanna do long-term.. I'd prefer TRD if u asked me.

The only thing that's in the way, is that some of the things in TRD aren't similar to the normal Sportivo. Like grill fittings, rear spoiler, etc that i don't know

There's also a thread by Aurion, that the new ZR6 is much more comfy compared to the old ones. They have new features, like heated side mirrors, ZR6 now have rear cameras, etc. It comes back again if all of those are worth it to the SuperCharger!! :P

Anw, IMO, go the TRD. xD

TRD for sure!!!

saw a pic of your white TRD from a cruise and it floored me, looked PERFECT with the darker highlights from the body kit and wheels... hands down (apart from a Audi S5) my ideal car...

Please don't tease me with S5. My favorite too. I wish i get a 100% pay rise and able to afford S5 lol

TRD for sure!!!

saw a pic of your white TRD from a cruise and it floored me, looked PERFECT with the darker highlights from the body kit and wheels... hands down (apart from a Audi S5) my ideal car...

Please don't tease me with S5. My favorite too. I wish i get a 100% pay rise and able to afford S5 lol

You don't want an Audi. For no other reason than that maintenance costs are ludicrous! When I found my Aurion, I looked at an '05 Audi A4 (nearest Audi dealership is Audi and Toyota). I enquired about maintenance costs (my mechanic won't touch anything European) and dealership service was over $1500 for the 75,000km service. So I bought the Aurion instead. And apart from some QA things that are really noticable in comparison (nothing major, just finishing and refinements that one would expect from a prestige brand), the Aurion is a better vehicle.

TRD for sure!!!

You don't want an Audi. For no other reason than that maintenance costs are ludicrous! When I found my Aurion, I looked at an '05 Audi A4 (nearest Audi dealership is Audi and Toyota). I enquired about maintenance costs (my mechanic won't touch anything European) and dealership service was over $1500 for the 75,000km service. So I bought the Aurion instead. And apart from some QA things that are really noticable in comparison (nothing major, just finishing and refinements that one would expect from a prestige brand), the Aurion is a better vehicle.

I agree. Luxury comes at a price. I won't go for a European Car unless i can afford it as a once a month car lol. :)

I would definitely go for TRD. At that price, thats the best i can get with looks and performance. I was also looking at F6. They are killers in performance but don't really like the looks. Also got a quote of over $4000 from AAMI for F6. Just ridiculous.

TRD all the way. Can't wait to get it back.

Thanks for the advise guys.