Making my ZRE Sedan Hot

Jazz926

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to be on the defensive. I was only trying to clarify your reply in case other owners look at the pic you posted of these headlights and go buy them without knowing there is a difference between LHD and RHD ones.

It's good that you have a source for RHD version, I guess you can help Jazz out with them, as I lost interest in modding the Rolla, so I don't really need them.

Hey Guys,

I really appreciate the help and advice that you guys provided, there is no need to fight. I'm sure we all can play nicely.

On another note, I would love to purchase those head lights if they came in RHD.

I was about to order my Crystal Vision yesterday, however the ebay seller ran out of stock.

While I was at work today, I was browsing the Toyota website, and to my surprise the ZRE Corolla Ultima has HID as standard in normal reflector head lights!

Does this mean getting HID for my car should be ok?

I am tempted to try, but I don't want to risk it, especially if its gonna blind the living day light out of other drivers.

I was about to order my Crystal Vision yesterday, however the ebay seller ran out of stock.

While I was at work today, I was browsing the Toyota website, and to my surprise the ZRE Corolla Ultima has HID as standard in normal reflector head lights!

I am tempted to try, but I don't want to risk it, especially if its gonna blind the living day light out of other drivers.

Well, the Ultima's headlights are different, the reflectors are designed for HID (To reduce glare.). Also, the Aussie spec Ultimas have Auto leveling and headlight washers to comply with ADRs. Our JDM Estima back home uses the same setup (From the factory.), but with manual levelers instead (Japanese regulations allow both manual or auto levellers with factory-equipped HID, while headlight washers are not compulsory.). The Corolla Ultima would use a D2R bulb (As with all OEM HID reflectors. Factory projector HIDs would use D2S.).

EDIT: Here's a link-> http://www.xenonoptics.com/faq3.php

Edited by ToyotaFreak

No, it means that yon can look at the option of swapping your headlights with the ZRE Ultima ones but you will also need to consider the auto or manual levelling in this conversion and I am sure this exercise will be a super costly one to implement.

Just got my slimline weather shields today. They are pretty good for $62 thanks to Jalal's recommendation.

Here are some photo's that I took while I got them put on at my mates place.

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

hey

just get hids they are fine i have try 10 000k hid before so as 8000 and now im using 6000.

and have havnt even got pulled over so is fine to get hids go do it.

cheers benny