AE112R Corolla Sportivo Turbo

SportivoPSI

Hey everyone! Im relatively new to the site and Corollas as such.

Girlfriend picked up her Corolla Sportivo just before christmas last year.

We are happy to own such a rare car and the performance is fantastic for

a little 1.8 :)

Here is a couple of pics of the car.

Corolla.jpg

Corolla2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Just did some work on the car today. Installed an apexi boost gauge, just like

the one in my rex! Woooo! 8psi!! :P Bit different to the 16psi in the rex!

Also took the bottom grill out so you can see more of the cooler. Looks more

aggressive like this i think :)

Getting 2.5" cat back exhaust next Thursday. Can't wait!! :D

Hears a couple more pics!

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Hey mate..l'm lovin that rolla,if you ever wan't to sell PM me 1st. :P

btw...i think i've seen your sexy rexy on F.T.G road a couple of times (number plate rings a bell) i'm in Nunawading so were not far from each other. :)

Don't think ive been down gully rd for a while but i live in kilsyth and work in lilydale. I'll keep my eyes open for your fine lookin aurion! Those buddy clubs looks awesome on it.

I'll see you on sunday at the cruise :D

:o

AWESOME one more Turbo Sportivo about the Place, Im in SA myself and me and a friend have on (one each) and love them. Cars in great condition, gotta ask tho... have you had many issues with it? Also out of interest how many Kms has it done?

Good to see these cars are going to owners who are car enthusiasts who will look after them because these realyare underrated cars.

I have a Members Thread on Rollaclub if you want to have a look theres also Soulsearchers on there :)

heres a link

Soulsearcher's Turbo Corolla

Karllos' Turbo Corolla

Edit: Just noticed a similarity between the Rexy and Soulsearchers cars :P

Edited by Karllos

bit late... but congrats on the purchase of a very clean limited edition sportivo :D Very nice rex too :D

Thanks again guys!

Karllos: Havent had any issues yet and i hope we dont come across any, lol! The car has done 150xxxkms and my missus is the 2nd owner. Couple before us had since brand new and the husband used to work at toyota. So majority of services has been done at toyota.

Have you had some issues with yours? I hear parts are hard to get and expensive maybe, depending on what the problems are.

She doesn't want to do much with the car. I just suggested 2.5" cat back (getting done tomorrow :D), a good cold air intake, lowered, and rims.

Ive seen soulsearchers car and that was the first thing i noticed, the rims hehehe! Im so happy with mine as they are 100% suited to my rex!

Have you had some issues with yours? I hear parts are hard to get and expensive maybe, depending on what the problems are.

Unless it is the ECU (which Toyota price as if it is made from solid gold) or turbo related, it is basically all standard AE112 parts so shouldn't be super expensive.

well thats not too bad then. if its ecu problems i'd try and get a power fc or something a long those lines. Turbo related issues.....well lets just hope this one will alst a bit longer :P

Ive always loved these cars , never seen one up close until i found one in the yard at Toyota Nunawading. Keen to check this one out!

Thanks again guys!

Karllos: Havent had any issues yet and i hope we dont come across any, lol! The car has done 150xxxkms and my missus is the 2nd owner. Couple before us had since brand new and the husband used to work at toyota. So majority of services has been done at toyota.

She doesn't want to do much with the car. I just suggested 2.5" cat back (getting done tomorrow :D), a good cold air intake, lowered, and rims.

Ive seen soulsearchers car and that was the first thing i noticed, the rims hehehe! Im so happy with mine as they are 100% suited to my rex!

Yeah you could say ive had issues, ive cracked the standard manifold and blew the standard turbo, there was an issue for the previous owner who had the ECU replaced at a cost of the dealer he bought it from for $5000 they were originally quoted over $15000!

But otherwise those few mods you have mentioned will open up the car alot, just replace the cat for a high flow one while you are at the exhaust as they can be rather restrictive. There a few differences to the Sportivo and the levin. The clutch is expensive, dont look at buying a gasket for the turbo to manifold i found this out the hard way $183 for a triangular 10cm multilayer metal gasket lol. (Shhhh get it from Subaru :P) the engine is expensive the turbo is expensive, suspension is expensive and brakes arent too bad lol the list does go on. Honestly its rly not as bad as i make it out to be just buy the extra parts aftermarket and stronger :P

Karl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Made up a cai for the car using the existing pipe that comes off the turbo. Added a striaght joiner for the turbo end and a 90 Degree reducing silicone elbow for the other end. Pod sits nicely inside the guard just behind the fog light. Flutters like mad now as it doesnt have the standard plumb back bov on it. Well add a youtube video up soon of what it sounds like!!

IMG_0113.jpg

a bit over a hundred was made before the scraped the line.

A rare one you have there mate!

:toast:

FYI Toyota only made 110 of these specific model, they didnt scrap the line, just ceased all production of the 112 :)

Anyway, wheres this vid :P

• 4 weeks later...

Update: New CAI that I made up yesterday with the help from karllos :)! Sounds the same as the last, just a little quieter!

Megan didn't really like the sound of turbo spool lol. I do admit, it was very loud. With the other setup, the pipe was rubbing

on the side of the radiator and was going to cause a hole.

Corolla11.jpg

Is that PVC pipe :huh: do you really want to trust that in a car?

Prev owner of my Supra thought PVC was a good idea for the intercooler piping. It wasn't, its terrible. Costing me like $800 to replace it with stainless.

Just go to a random exhaust place and get a cheap one made up based on what you've done in there already.

Is it secured in somehow? or just hanging off the turbo?

ahh no faith! it is pvc, yes. Only from where you can see, to the pod. Silicon elbow off the turbo to the rubber flex pipe. Its all safe! and its not intercooler piping. Id never make pvc piping for the intercooler!

Its all secured and not in the way of anything and not just hangin off the turbo! Im not stupid :P

Edited by SportivoPSI