What brakes pads/rotors to choose???

Yeah yeah, this was probably discussed thousands of times on these forums.

However i think as time goes on, quality of the parts do change... right?

Anyways, im thinking of getting these TRD pads for the front and rear. FYI

Fronts are:

04491-ZT300

Rears are:

04492-ZT300

I found them at 100 bucks for the sets together on ebay from sydneycarparts which is quite reasonably cheap compared to the other brands (bendix, EBCs etc.)

One problem though: On the website listed here http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_brakepad-black.html the note says that its only for the Jap built ZZE123...

As far as I know, The Australian delivered Sportivos were only assembled in South Africa! So before kicking myself in the butt, can these parts fit on our Aussie Sportivos or i'm better off with others?

Also i've been juggling between RDAs and DBAs rotors and its really getting to me cuz i'm spending endless hours trying to research on these but there is never enough information on the internet!

What i've been reading though are mixed opinions, some are from other forums like Ford, Holden etc. But i'm not sure these are realible sources as the quality can be different depending on the make of the car etc... I've only heard from this forum that the RDA are more likely to crack more than the DBAs...

My driving style isn't really punishing on the brakes either, so i might be getting whichever is the cheaper one. After for your opinions guys :)

Thanks!

One problem though: On the website listed here http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_brakepad-black.html the note says that its only for the Jap built ZZE123...

Also i've been juggling between RDAs and DBAs rotors and its really getting to me cuz i'm spending endless hours trying to research on these but there is never enough information on the internet!

What i've been reading though are mixed opinions, some are from other forums like Ford, Holden etc. But i'm not sure these are realible sources as the quality can be different depending on the make of the car etc... I've only heard from this forum that the RDA are more likely to crack more than the DBAs...

PM replied.

Sportivo's use the same brake pads as the Japanese built Runx.

Ford's and Holden's are a much heavier vehicle than the Corolla and over work their brakes much easier than we do. Cracking occurs on all slotted rotors; same applied for cross drilled (I know you didn't mention but just in case people think they are better off with it).

Skip upgrading the rear pads, they run vastly cooler than the fronts, so save some money there.

PM replied.

Sportivo's use the same brake pads as the Japanese built Runx.

Ford's and Holden's are a much heavier vehicle than the Corolla and over work their brakes much easier than we do. Cracking occurs on all slotted rotors; same applied for cross drilled (I know you didn't mention but just in case people think they are better off with it).

Skip upgrading the rear pads, they run vastly cooler than the fronts, so save some money there.

PM read! thanks superdave! :D

Hit up a bloke who goes by the name GSL Rallysport. I have found Greg to be very knowledgeable, and well priced. I have ordered a set of QFM HP-X (i believe is the compound). $160 delivered, on the commodore found a vast braking improvement over Bendix ultimate police pads, with massively noticeable reduced dust, and far better rotor wear. The ultimates chewed through a set of rotors in no time. These are being sold to everyone running anything from japanese turbo cars to falcons and commodores who dont see the track, from what i believe there are no bad reports yet....... otherwise he stocks brake and suspension upgrades for almost anything. He has turned into my first call for anything that I think he might stock.

I'll post up my results when I change pads over.....

Another vote for the QFM HPX here. I use them in my Cressida with skyline calipers. Way kewl.

I also use EBC Redstuff in my supra, they are also kewl, but cost a lot more.

I just use RDA slotted rotors in my cars. Seems good enough to me.

Edited by RA35GT

I'm a +1 for the HPX pads as well. Plus Greg is really easy to deal with. And if you live around Brisbane and order in the morning, you can usually get them in the afternoon.