D2 coilover information

DANZZT231

is anyone interested in coilovers? D2 is willing to give us $1700 per set if minimum of 5 purchased the coilovers.

The current coilover from D2 will not fit, because its made for the asian market corolla (so there is a difference), and they are willing to custom made a coilover for us.

Hey, no wonder Kcorro have problems with his D2.

perhaps they had plenty of experience with installation on wrx, integra, skyline etc. but really 3 guys and 4 hours? i then did it myself in 2 hours do you send them the car plans?

Edited by kcorro

Dear Daniel

Here's the exact email i got

How are you?

I contacted the manufacturer overseas, he advised me that the Corolla models we had will not fit for your Corolla 2003. I deeply apologized for my information to you earlier. We can custom made the Corolla model 2003 set, provided that you can give us the specific measurement, and with a minimum order of 5 sets+. If you can arrange a group buy of 5+ sets, we can also offer you a discount on the group buy.

Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again. I apologize again for my mistake. Good Luck

did you ask for corolla 01+ how it does not fit when you re-use original strut tops

Edited by kcorro

No, I just told them my corolla is 2003 model. Whatever that is, that's the respond that I got, besides, 01+ model is 03 model anyway. Afterall, the reason I call them is to make sure the thing is problem free, bolt-on and gimme my Ghetto drop slam. If that's the reply, well that is the reply.

I'll be happy to see someone with D2 on their corolla with maximum drop of 4 inch. That's the problem because nobody has it in this forum and I can't find anyone who got it. The last time you have it you got issue with the sway bar and can't drop the front to the max. Now I got the confirmation from D2 head office in Sydney, which got the information from D2 Taiwan, that the coilover can't be fitted. If you ask me, I am curious about it.

And its not a guy, her name is Catherine. She's very helpful too.

Edited by Danz

i'd wait for the TEIN's to come out.

but, if you really want them and trust they'll "custom" make them properly, by all means! ;)

hahaha, fark no to be honest. Its just something I like to share to anyone. Don't like to see our fellow owners get into deep trouble when they fit their D2. I don't even know who is telling the truth.

Yes I emailed fulcrum for TEIN SS. The downside is, its not monotube design. MAP81 and Stockvvti both are going to fit CUSCO ZERO series coilover, which is monotube design.

Oh, D2 is monotube also.

the design is better on Cusco, being monotube. If you're serious for track, cusco is the better buy to be honest. DMS coilovers have one also for our car, and DMS is one of the best sussy in the world, made in oz too.

DMS - Drummond MotorSport.

get only know 2 guys and the other 2 who had them could not handle the ride so they took them off and sold them

Edited by kcorro

get the dms and thanks for your research on d2

if you are confused then stay away from d2

so much talk about coilovers but who really goes to use them? i only know 2 guys and the other 2 who had them could not handle the ride so they took them off and sold them back out.

i know map81 will put them to good use. i can also vouch for a couple more ppl i know who will put some to good use and will be getting some when they have the cash.

perhaps those 2 do not have the acquired taste to appreciate coilovers?

No, I just told them my corolla is 2003 model. Whatever that is, that's the respond that I got, besides, 01+ model is 03 model anyway. Afterall, the reason I call them is to make sure the thing is problem free, bolt-on and gimme my Ghetto drop slam. If that's the reply, well that is the reply.

I'll be happy to see someone with D2 on their corolla with maximum drop of 4 inch. That's the problem because nobody has it in this forum and I can't find anyone who got it. The last time you have it you got issue with the sway bar and can't drop the front to the max. Now I got the confirmation from D2 head office in Sydney, which got the information from D2 Taiwan, that the coilover can't be fitted. If you ask me, I am curious about it.

And its not a guy, her name is Catherine. She's very helpful too.

lol, so sexist! :lol:

Anyway, for a bit more info for you guys here, D2 itself is not a bad coilover. Been reading info about it and reviews from USA tuners. My mech told me, the sussy is not Taiwan design, is actually British design. Then my Taiwanese friend told me the owner is a racer in UK, went back to Taiwan and build D2 company, producing coilover using the British coilover technology. A japanese brand called Ksport, is actually re-labelled D2 according to some, but they look identical anyway.

What interest me is the fact you can choose your spring rate when you order, or use the spring that is given in the package. Monotube design and 36way adustable damper (if that's going to be any useful).

D2 will inform me more about their sussy for the Corolla. I'm currently saving up for coilover suitable for street use and occasional mountain drive, D2 looks good enough for me, I hope they can give me some good news.

get the dms and thanks for your research on d2

if you are confused then stay away from d2

so much talk about coilovers but who really goes to use them? i only know 2 guys and the other 2 who had them could not handle the ride so they took them off and sold them back out.

i know map81 will put them to good use. i can also vouch for a couple more ppl i know who will put some to good use and will be getting some when they have the cash.

perhaps those 2 do not have the acquired taste to appreciate coilovers?

nod nod nod.... :rolleyes:

i helped a friend get a set last week and when i looked into the box i thought wow. a year ago i had the 1st generation coilovers and now my friend got the 2nd gen and there is considerable enhancement. this time was a few hundred cheaper and had the pillow ball mounts!

Edited by kcorro

they are not mine so no pics sorry but same as any others really. you have the anodised purple pillow ball mount which you adjust with hex bolts. you have the spring in black and d2 has about 10 different spring rates available in comparison to trd which has 13 i believe. the shock has a rubber dust cover and with the 2nd gen the threaded barrel is now metal and not painted black which is good so when you turn the rings up and down it will not take off the paint and make it look old. the rings are the same as before in anodised purple. the front bottom strut is height adjustable and has a bolt to lock it in place in the 1st gen there was no bolt. front sway bar braces are the same as before.

danz you better get air suspension or custom made coilover or you will not be satisfied.

but out of them i think they both lower the same

trd would go an extra inch the thread goes down to the top of the d2 logo