Issue with the 2zz

As far as temperature conditions go it doesn't get that cold here in Qld as each oil will give you approximations of what the oils operating temps are from coldest to hottest. Power wise the difference between dyno runs was a few months but also a fair few more k's on the clock and it was like 4 odd kw difference. Nothing else on the car changed apart from changing oil and roughly 15000kms more on the clock. I found cold starts better as the lighter oil pumps around quicker plus it still has some form of mineral base and isn't a full synthetic so it doesn't have the viscosity of water so to speak. You prolly would make more with a full synthetic but that simply just ins't suited to the conditions you put a car through as a daily driver. Plus it gets real expensive changing it every 5k.

Car made 123kw atw with 113000kkm's on the clock with CES ported headers and cat back, TRD CAI with ITG pod Filter.

Ive always run Penrite oils in my car had the whole bull**** story from everybody saying you need to pay more $$$ for a motor like a 2ZZ what a load of horse **** HPR5 is all that mine see's and i do it every 5 k , sounds like a tractor and reminds me of a 4AG motor noise wise , it's normal , all the 2ZZ's ive seen make the same noise. Im sure running water spec oil in them makes them sound more like a john deer though! No matter how anal you are if you don't know the sound of your motor somethings obviously amiss.

Ive always run Penrite oils in my car had the whole bull**** story from everybody saying you need to pay more $$$ for a motor like a 2ZZ what a load of horse **** HPR5 is all that mine see's and i do it every 5 k , sounds like a tractor and reminds me of a 4AG motor noise wise , it's normal , all the 2ZZ's ive seen make the same noise. Im sure running water spec oil in them makes them sound more like a john deer though! No matter how anal you are if you don't know the sound of your motor somethings obviously amiss.

full synthetic in a 2ZZ makes them sound like they are ready to let go in a big way!! Even with a full mineral based oil they are a noisy engine!!

As far as temperature conditions go it doesn't get that cold here in Qld as each oil will give you approximations of what the oils operating temps are from coldest to hottest. Power wise the difference between dyno runs was a few months but also a fair few more k's on the clock and it was like 4 odd kw difference. Nothing else on the car changed apart from changing oil and roughly 15000kms more on the clock. I found cold starts better as the lighter oil pumps around quicker plus it still has some form of mineral base and isn't a full synthetic so it doesn't have the viscosity of water so to speak. You prolly would make more with a full synthetic but that simply just ins't suited to the conditions you put a car through as a daily driver. Plus it gets real expensive changing it every 5k.

Car made 123kw atw with 113000kkm's on the clock with CES ported headers and cat back, TRD CAI with ITG pod Filter.

thanks for the info, i'll exchange the hpr10 to 5 tomorrow and give it a go :)

HMMM

***** I hate PUNK kids on the interwebz

Wow I can't even say Je ez

Kenshin yeah I used the HPR10, I run 5W50 Mobil 1 in my 380 and both oils have quelled the noise but the Penrite is half the price !!

Edited by Mecha-wombat

ive got far to many noises coming from all over the car to know whats what any more from a noise perspective ..... but if ur keen i use royal purple 10w40 and it does the job for me ....... also agree with SB regarding oil changes every 5K kms with these cars .....