Borla Exhaust

Alonso

hi,

just thought i'd post my soon to be, very first mod :)

I will be purchasing a pair of borla exhaust made to fit american toyota camry 3.5L 2007-on (which i BELEIVE will also fit my aurion)

i found two places within australia that sell this straight bolt on exhaust system. The first link was the most expensive of the two:

1.http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/shop/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=78_97&products_id=182&osCsid=0jk64ijjivqdloqoikscg6b3t6 -----> $1,350.00

after some more searching...

2. http://www.cruisinon.ws/

situated in perth, (listed on borla site as the only australian borla dealer!)i had emailed them about the camry borla exhaust and they can order it in within 2 weeks for $1114.00 inc shipping but not local freight (but living in perth i'll just pick it up my self) :)

IMO, yes it might be fairly expensive though having read all the fuss people (inc me) are having over getting the right size, shape, height position, sound, drone, tip look, etc....... then borla (unlike varex/magnaflow) being the quality exhaust it is ensures all this before hand and all you need to do is bolt it on...

BTW prices may drop if systems are bought in groups..

I will post a before and after vid of the exhaust tone :spiteful:

Next hopefully K&N air intake.. B)

keep u posted

J.ALonso

Edited by J.ALonso

Wow.. Really interested in hearing something new from a famous brand name apart from Varex... I wish there's 1 for HKS... Sounds so sexy on camry, imagine on an Aurion..

Anw, Keep us posted.

Good stuff. Hope you like it.

If I was to add my opinions though for any future reference, I would say that something like this is a little overpriced for what you are getting, especially when the Borla package only has the pipework up to the flanges of the rear y-pipe. Unless you are working to build an uber clean car where your your exhaust will be judged, then you can save quite a bit of money going to an exhaust shop. Even the right exhaust shop can do some quality welding for good value as well.

Fitment is never an issue as they will always have various types of mufflers that they can use, and the purpose of the shop is for them to do any custom pipework that you require.

Also if I might add, X-Force mufflers such as the Varex are not actually cheaply constructed. They are a fairly solid muffler of good quality.

If I was to spend that type of money on a bolt on system, I would have just waited a bit longer for some shipping and purchased the TRD cat-back exhaust. It's basically a Borla setup as well, but at least it even comes with pipework up to the cat and you get the TRD name with it.

... I wish there's 1 for HKS... Sounds so sexy on camry, imagine on an Aurion..

They used to have one I think. I wonder what happened to it.

Good stuff. Hope you like it.

If I was to spend that type of money on a bolt on system, I would have just waited a bit longer for some shipping and purchased the TRD cat-back exhaust. It's basically a Borla setup as well, but at least it even comes with pipework up to the cat and you get the TRD name with it.

aww never knew there was a trd exhaust system available :(...maybe i will wait:)... is there anything you don't know about the aurion and stuff for it haha

this would also be fine with warranty terms right?

btw where would you go to purchase such exhaust system??

Edited by J.ALonso

This is for the camry I was talkin about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8dY4ypYOk, but not for Aurion as far I know.

If there is, I'd definitely change to HKS!!

I know exactly the one you are talking about. There aren't any pictures anymore of it, but when you could see them, it was two cannon style mufflers complete with custom pipework up until the cat. Had really neat bends and welds in it and was made to bolt directly up to a Gen 6 V6 Camry. I would imagine bolting onto an Aurion would just be the same. But as I said, it seems this thing doesn't exist anymore.

hey Vick I reckon mine sounds pretty close to that with the supercats have to ask ingress or one of the other boys that usually hear it coming and see what they think

I must say, of all the Aurions that have changed their mufflers, yours had come out different... but really good in my opinion. As you put your foot down while you take off, yours has this 'gurgle' (for lack of better word) to it that actually doesn't sound that bad.

I need to hear some of these exhaust upgrades so i can decide on which one to get to bad that trd kit one isnt available anymore.

hey Vick I reckon mine sounds pretty close to that with the supercats have to ask ingress or one of the other boys that usually hear it coming and see what they think

DUDE, SOUND CLIP!! And what supercats you have? I'll ask Ingres.. Hahahahahahaaaaa

• 1 month later...

Hmm, Best Exhaust is now AUD $1,229.75 (you quoted the USD price) delivered and Cruisin-on is AUD $1,144.00 plus shipping.

Big drop - Go the competition!!!

Best Exhaust seems to have a better rang of systems though, as it's not just the one brand. Seems to be a better site too, and all prices include shipping.

Would be interested in the sound clip too, J.

MG

I think the trd exhaust Daryl posted would be a better choice. Ive sourced one for $600 usd plus say $200 usd postage. But will be alittle while away though have a few other things to commit to this month.

I think the trd exhaust Daryl posted would be a better choice. Ive sourced one for $600 usd plus say $200 usd postage. But will be alittle while away though have a few other things to commit to this month.

yeh, i agree, ive been spending the last few weeks searching a place in the us that can ship it to the aus. I kinda gave up........

do you mind telling me where/whom you got it off?

especially for that price.... i could only find it for $790 US.

yeh, i agree, ive been spending the last few weeks searching a place in the us that can ship it to the aus. I kinda gave up........

Its not through a company a guy that works for toyota over there he gets it pays for it himself then you pay him he's reliable. Friend of mine has used him a few times no problems.

Its not through a company a guy that works for toyota over there he gets it pays for it himself then you pay him he's reliable. Friend of mine has used him a few times no problems.

OMG no wonder.... say.... could i then get the exhaust through you, through him???(if that makes sense).... there'll be a bonus 4 you just don't tell "him"!!! haha ... btw i'm serious about getting this trd exhaust i've wasted so much time with emails,etc.

chrs

OMG no wonder.... say.... could i then get the exhaust through you, through him???(if that makes sense).... there'll be a bonus 4 you just don't tell "him"!!! haha ... btw i'm serious about getting this trd exhaust i've wasted so much time with emails,etc.

chrs

hi,

just thought i'd post my soon to be, very first mod :)

I will be purchasing a pair of borla exhaust made to fit american toyota camry 3.5L 2007-on (which i BELEIVE will also fit my aurion)

i found two places within australia that sell this straight bolt on exhaust system. The first link was the most expensive of the two:

after some more searching...

situated in perth, (listed on borla site as the only australian borla dealer!)i had emailed them about the camry borla exhaust and they can order it in within 2 weeks for $1114.00 inc shipping but not local freight (but living in perth i'll just pick it up my self) :)

IMO, yes it might be fairly expensive though having read all the fuss people (inc me) are having over getting the right size, shape, height position, sound, drone, tip look, etc....... then borla (unlike varex/magnaflow) being the quality exhaust it is ensures all this before hand and all you need to do is bolt it on...

BTW prices may drop if systems are bought in groups..

I will post a before and after vid of the exhaust tone :spiteful:

Next hopefully K&N air intake.. B)

keep u posted

J.ALonso

Thanks J. Alonso. I try to see the links and it is great. I will wait for the pictures and video.

Edited by tiresmokindad

• 3 months later...

Reposting the following from an un-required new thread:

hello guys

I dont know whether anyone has tried the borla kit For the us spec v6 camry but i just want to inform all of you whom are interested that it definetely fits the aurion with no hassles whatsoever.. I decided to take the plunge and be the guinea pig to only be lucky and successful..it did come at a hefty price tho to about 950 aud....impressions so far is that its nyce and deep and with the combination of the k&n typhoon kit it sounds very sporty and throaty....djkor,you cam add this finding to the faq....if u want

Thanks djkor...didnt think of this thread....btw if anyone is interested to hear how it sounds ill b at the tocau cruise this coming sunday in victoria...ill post pics and videos soon

Can't wait to hear how it sounds.. Too bad Victoria is a bit too far..