Sportivo Losing Power ?? Reason (s)

Got the 2003 Sportivo 2.5 weeks ago from Toyota

With 140000 on the Clock the test drive showed no problems and felt very responsive.

Week 1 - Car had 1/2 Tank fuel so enjoyed the new/Different car feel with plenty of lift.

Week 2 - Filled up with Woolworths Caltex PULP and did 700KM with Needle on 1/4 driving with minimum lift.

Week 3 - Filled up Shell PULP and the car feels sluggish and heavy.

The Oil is just about close to new . Very light colour.

I'm paranoid there is a hissing noise from the Manifold when i accelerate (Sounds like could be a leak) but yet to be confirmed by a Professional.

Also appears there could be some tapping noise coming from the engine bay but need to pay high attention to hear it.(my wife can’t hear a thing)

Noticed the clutch pedal also feels a bit heavier than the 1st week.

The lift was much more noticeable in the 1st week but now seems to take some time getting to it.

Air Filter is standard and close to new.

Previous owner had a TRD CAI installed .(Was removed before car was sold)

Car is fitted with CES Racing Cat back Exhaust.

Would there be a particular reason why suddenly the car would feel sluggish and lose power?

Would it have been my driving (700km at 3000 Revs and minimal lift that made it into a toothless shark ? Or is there something more serious ?

Sorry about writing an Essay but i thought if most of the info is included it saves asking .

Did u fill up with v power? Cuz I dunno if shell has a 95 ron (which is still premium). Hissing could be just air going thru the air pipe. Tapping when? If it's idle it could be just the injector noise. Nothing to worry about. If ur worried about something the car. Best to take it back to the Toyota dealer u bought it off. U should have a 1 yr warantee on it. A video would help as well.

Fill up with different stations of the same petrol and see how u go. Maybe dirty fuel?

plenty of lift? lol u get used to it, then it feels like it takes for ever to get to it then it feels like u got less power, when ppl first drive my car their like wow so much power and im like meh got used to it cant feel it anymore... tho when im a passenger i feel it again cause i dnt excpect when gear changes will happen and lift etcetc...

Did u fill up with v power? Cuz I dunno if shell has a 95 ron (which is still premium). Hissing could be just air going thru the air pipe. Tapping when? If it's idle it could be just the injector noise. Nothing to worry about. If ur worried about something the car. Best to take it back to the Toyota dealer u bought it off. U should have a 1 yr warantee on it. A video would help as well.

Fill up with different stations of the same petrol and see how u go. Maybe dirty fuel?

Yeah i did fill it up with V Power . ( Well this place is supposed to a Reputable - you should see the queue of cars)

The other thing i did notice with my car is it seems to cool down too quick.I have a 05 ZZE corolla too and sometimes 3 hours later when i start the car it heats up with in mins but the sportivo gets ice cold and still takes a fews mins driving to warm up. Leaving work after an 11hr shift today it felt like it was choking on cold because i started it and then drove straight away.

About the hissing , its def not the air/air filter because thats distinctive. And the tapping normally in 3 or 4 trying to accelerate.

plenty of lift? lol u get used to it, then it feels like it takes for ever to get to it then it feels like u got less power, when ppl first drive my car their like wow so much power and im like meh got used to it cant feel it anymore... tho when im a passenger i feel it again cause i dnt excpect when gear changes will happen and lift etcetc...

I must say "123R-Prozak" there is probably an element of truth with what you have said.I have a known habbit of complaining its not the same but i strongly believe there is an issue time .(Its like the boy who cried Wolf).

Yeah i did fill it up with V Power . ( Well this place is supposed to a Reputable - you should see the queue of cars)

The other thing i did notice with my car is it seems to cool down too quick.I have a 05 ZZE corolla too and sometimes 3 hours later when i start the car it heats up with in mins but the sportivo gets ice cold and still takes a fews mins driving to warm up. Leaving work after an 11hr shift today it felt like it was choking on cold because i started it and then drove straight away.

About the hissing , its def not the air/air filter because thats distinctive. And the tapping normally in 3 or 4 trying to accelerate.

thats ok, if the place is good then just keep on getting the fuel and see how u go.

cooling down too quickly isn't an issue, (just don't try to lift when engine is cold) should move after about 10 seconds of starting the engine, but be gentle with it. my one on a warm day is usually cold within 3 hours :)

with the hissing noise try to source it when u have the engine on and push on the accelerator switch (pedal, freaken forgot the name of it) under the bonnet.

upload a video makes things a bit easier :P

Change your leads to new ones & check your spark plugs they could be fouled up ??? and causing the power loss

as for the cold start most cars are like this when you try to drive them when they are cold.

2ZZ doesn't have leads. ECU might have adjusted to your tame driving. Reset your ECU and see if it makes a diff.

Does the tapping noise disappear after warming up? Does it increase in sounds as the revs go up??

Noisy tappet? rockers? tensioner pulley (think thats what its called?)

But best bet is to get it checked out by the dealer that you bought the car off

With regards to the power, you could've simply gotten use to it....my car feels like it takes forever as well...although passengers beg to differ....