Rattles and noises not covered under warranty after 12 months

Hi All,

I have been to Sydney City Toyota and they told me that rattles and noises not covered under warranty after 12 months, even my car still has another 12 months of warranty.

I am pretty disspointed and hence argued with them where did that stated in the warranty disclaimer. They told me this is an internal training thing. If I have any problems, they told me to speak to Toyota head office. So guys, just watch out when you take your car in for rattles to ensure it is convered under warranty.

Anyone heard this before?

Hi All,

I have been to Sydney City Toyota and they told me that rattles and noises not covered under warranty after 12 months, even my car still has another 12 months of warranty.

I am pretty disspointed and hence argued with them where did that stated in the warranty disclaimer. They told me this is an internal training thing. If I have any problems, they told me to speak to Toyota head office. So guys, just watch out when you take your car in for rattles to ensure it is convered under warranty.

Anyone heard this before?

I suggest you talk to someone else or go to a different dealership.

I have had 2 different types of rattles/creaks fixed under warranty over 2 years after the make of the car. I also purchased the car used.

+1

Absolute RUBBISH! I had my dashboard rattles fixed and the car was just over 2 years old. Also my mates mate had his one fix 2 months before warranty expired. As above said try different dealer.

Nope.. It's not rubbish.. It's true..

If you search somewhere in the forum, I said the very same thing.

You can argue that the policy only apply to the facelift models and it's not fair for the people who bought it before that.. For pre-facelift, evry1 should be treated equally. The fact that they have a policy like that is enough proof that they acknowledge the potential problem almost in every car. The policy isn't even a year old, it's unfair for people who bought theirs being more than a year old since the day the policy took place..

I bought in 2007, however fixed it in 2008 and 2009. Fixed at that time, but rattle again. :(

If I was not satisfied with the treatment from a dealer , I would get a large piece of light yellow cardboard or paper from Officeworks and write on it something like.

"This dealer sold me a car with dash rattles and now will not cover the fault under warranty" and then place this on the indside of the car , both front and back after parking it in front of the dealership.

Then I'd sit back with a coffee and wait.

I reckon the dealer would change their mind pretty quick.

If I was not satisfied with the treatment from a dealer , I would get a large piece of light yellow cardboard or paper from Officeworks and write on it something like.

"This dealer sold me a car with dash rattles and now will not cover the fault under warranty" and then place this on the indside of the car , both front and back after parking it in front of the dealership.

Then I'd sit back with a coffee and wait.

I reckon the dealer would change their mind pretty quick.

LOL! This is the best. Good idea :lol:

In fact it is true. Rattles won't be covered after 12 months. BUT dashboard rattle is just different story because it is a known issue for Toyota aurion I guess. Rattles have been a long issue for aurion and will continually be the main concern for the aurion drivers.

Previously, I also had a problem with a dealer because I had a constant rattles in the roof. I had to take it for an inspection 4 times, the total 11 days wasted. For the first inspection, they pulled down the roof assembly and tightend all the screws. Mechanic test drove saying rattles gone. BUT as I was driving out there, rattle was still there. For the second inspection, they pulled down the roof assembly and they pulled down the sunroof for check up. Mechanic test drove saying rattles gone. BUT again as I was driving out, rattle was still there.

So I took my car back to get it fixed but then the dealer was telling me that my rattle warranty just expired. WTF? So I yelled out for the service manager but he also argues that it may not be the same rattle that I am hearing from the roof. Huh? Anyway, because they have all the records in the system that I've been coming back for the rattle in the roof, they agreed to have a look at it for the one last time. For the third inspection, they pulled down the roof assembly, pulled down the entire sunroof and went for a test drive without them installed. Then they could hear the rattle so much louder that actual rattle was coming from the roof panel itself. When I got the car, I was happy with the result. After couple of days later, I realised that sunroof wasn't operating and I had a small dent going outwards on the roof. So I went back again to get the sunroof fixed and I also personally asked the mechanic about the procedures he took to fix this rattle. He mentioned that actuall rattle was coming from the panel that there were hammering involved. So I showed him the dent because it looked defenitely not damaged from outside force. He strongly denies that its not their fault. Well, I do not have strong evidence to support so I didn't make big issue out of it.

Since I've bought the car (it just reached 40,000), I have took my car in 9 times. Including 3 services, 4 times for roof rattles, 1 time for electronic seat issue and 1 time for suspension noise. I am not trying to say that Aurion is just unreliable. BUT its the dealer that makes me unhappy.

Maybe not so much that it is unreliable , but that there are inherent design faults.

The design of the car has been such that rattles are more likely to happen.

Could be worse , you could have bought a Ford/Holden.