TOCAU the new boostcruising

ELEGNT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that whole search thing, I must say with the new forum layout, the search function has turned to s***. Now it brings up countless posts in the results which may not help out as a fair amount of the time, the title is what will direct them to the right thread.

I agree, but I think using Google as the search engine would have been used because Forum search functionality is very resource intense which means $$$.. Out sourcing it for free has its advantages. Not to mention the SEO advantages of having all queries go through Google.

I'm sorry to say that I somewhat agree with ELE. But it is also a reflection of my own patience. For the most part I have leeched what I wanted out of the site and I am fairly content with how my car is. If only we had more Aurion owners show up the the monthlys.

Most people seem to get content with their car and only report back every now and then.. Not everyone has the stamina and patience Daryl has for forums and modding.

I dont think its quiet got to BC's level to be honest ...... there is always going to be a lot of repeat information requests as new people come along etc etc thats just the way it is ....... and hey im still around :P :P :P

In honour of this thread I restored my nick back to my original nickname. I miss the good old days with TAYLES, BADBOYS, SB, XOOM, azza (the 1st one) all (at least former) corolla owners.. YBH81N? I forgot his real name.. Krocco?? i forget the others in my old age.. sorry to say i dont post as often as I used to since things have changed round here.

Edit- it not bcause the forum isn't corolla focussed as much..I quite enjoy reading bout other Toyota models. It was more the value of the things I've learnt from the people that have been and gone.

Edited by JJCRU23R

No amount of chrome in the world can ever amount to that of Boostcruising.

-

As much as some people would like to, we don't keep our cars forever

Plus, some move on.

Edited by TRDYUS

boostloosing = blocked at work

tocau = still available...

this is how i know the quality of the site... if work blocks it, its definitely not worth my time... lol

although, i could still access it through the wifi network here supplied by the council... :lol: no blocks on ANY sites...

god i love working on a council job! :lol:

boostloosing = blocked at work

tocau = still available...

Where I am just blocks the pictures that are hosted on BL. But it does block Toymods :(

Same here, it at work are pretty strict on internet content that is available but for some reason i can get on to tocau which is awesome. just cant see the pictures.

This is a forum for Toyota's how ever ide rather post my corolla on boost becasue i get more people interested in it than on here. Unlike some other people who have like 5-10 page long threads. As far as i see the only good thing about this forum is the for sale section.

This is a forum for Toyota's how ever ide rather post my corolla on boost becasue i get more people interested in it than on here. Unlike some other people who have like 5-10 page long threads. As far as i see the only good thing about this forum is the for sale section.

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... thats gonna go down REAAAALLLLLLLL well on this forum... :lol:

if you dont like it, then why are you posting here? :lol:

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... thats gonna go down REAAAALLLLLLLL well on this forum... :lol:

Ash makes a good point...

No offence man, but your car is just a Corolla Sportivo... don't get me wrong, I like sportivos, but there are that many on this forum that to get attention it has to be something pretty special... eg. xoom, northy, kolourhero...

for me its the other way round, i only really like the classified section of boost (oh, and OT... entertains me during the day)...

Ash makes a good point...

No offence man, but your car is just a Corolla Sportivo... don't get me wrong, I like sportivos, but there are that many on this forum that to get attention it has to be something pretty special... eg. xoom, northy, kolourhero...

for me its the other way round, i only really like the classified section of boost (oh, and OT... entertains me during the day)...

Hey mate, none taken. Ide rather my stock sportivo, over a yaris or a matt black celica. Ide rather build my car bit by bit, as for my previous statement about threads getting attention, you say its becasue there pretty special, there are cars up were with some stickers and wheels and maybe a pod filter thats like 5-6 pages long thats full off bull**** talk you call that pretty special? We have all been the new guy at some stage. Im so sorry i don't have millions of dollars to spend on my car in one hit to make it 'pretty special' just to get credit. I keep posting here thinking maybe someone will give me a break but it dosnt look like it. So take it as you wish, to be honest i don't really care anymore.

Edited by DannyZZE123R

I think you're missing the point man...

If you're posting to get attention then you don't get TOCAU or any other PROPER car forum for that matter. The point is to meet up and chat with people about everyone cars not just yours. You basically don't like TOCAU because your car doesn't take the limelight? =|

And to clarify what Mick said, he means that we've all seen it before so if you want people actually interested in your car, got to stand out a bit from the crowd. Its like going to SuperLap in a dead stock LanEvo and expect the media to shower your car in photos, etc... Not going to happen...

Edited by DreadAngel

And to clarify what Mick said, he means that we've all seen it before so if you want people actually interested in your car, got to stand out a bit from the crowd. Its like going to SuperLap in a dead stock LanEvo and expect the media to shower your car in photos, etc... Not going to happen...

^ This.

My Camry thread gets more attention on the Auscam.org forums, which is a much much quieter and smaller forum community than here.

Doesn't bother me though, there are heaps of nice people here and plenty of good people who attend the weekly meets @ Spring Hill.

Well if you would rather post there because you get more people interested, then you should consider updating it then:

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=544476

Looks to have about the same amount of interest over there as it does here.

Hey mate, none taken. Ide rather my stock sportivo, over a yaris or a matt black celica. Ide rather build my car bit by bit, as for my previous statement about threads getting attention, you say its becasue there pretty special, there are cars up were with some stickers and wheels and maybe a pod filter thats like 5-6 pages long thats full off bull**** talk you call that pretty special? We have all been the new guy at some stage. Im so sorry i don't have millions of dollars to spend on my car in one hit to make it 'pretty special' just to get credit. I keep posting here thinking maybe someone will give me a break but it dosnt look like it. So take it as you wish, to be honest i don't really care anymore.

Sounding a bit fired up for someone who said "none taken" in response to "no offense".

And I agree with what everyone has said above about the purpose of posting your car up on here. It's there like a diary for others to read up on. I never did much to my car that was out of the ordinary, but the process of doing it all myself as well as the lame a** stories I had to go with them seemed to get people to read more about it. It was never about how good the car is, but rather the story about it.