Audi Style Lights

Hey guys, I saw a white zr6 on saturday on flinders st, Perth, WA. It had Audi style lights under the fog lights. Is that anybody here? It looks really sexy. Just wanted to know where I could get those lights and what it takes to install them.

Thanks A lot.

Hey guys, I saw a white zr6 on saturday on flinders st, Perth, WA. It had Audi style lights under the fog lights. Is that anybody here? It looks really sexy. Just wanted to know where I could get those lights and what it takes to install them.

Thanks A lot.

Do u mean the DRL lights?

Thanks A lot.

Do u mean the DRL lights?

Yes I do.

If DRL, then there are plenty in ebay you can choose from..

Apart from where to source it from, there's a discussion regarding the legality of em. Dun think it affects the Perth, seems like it's the only state where the law is very lenient.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27190

As for getting them, you can either try hard to source some made for the Asian Camry as these should fit, otherwise you can pick up a range of different LED strips online for a good price and work on fitting them yourself.

As for wiring them in, you can tap them into whichever light wiring you want to. Most likely for what you are after, you will just tap them into your parkers.

im currently in the process of doing this mod to mine (we're waiting on the particular style of LED to arrive from china), and im in perth too... will keep you in the loop as to how it goes ;)

im currently in the process of doing this mod to mine (we're waiting on the particular style of LED to arrive from china), and im in perth too... will keep you in the loop as to how it goes ;)

Oh come on.. Share it.. What type of LED? Curious when u said 'particular'... :lol:

Hey Davo!

Did you managed to do it?

Hey Davo!

not yet, still waiting... :(

should hopefully have something to show for it by next friday (fingers crossed)

I heard from a friend of mine that it's legal in Melb.. In fact, people are encouraged to install this set of DRLs and it's a MUST to switch them on. :o

oh OH guys don't bring this up again!

i'd be hell keen to get some and fit them around the foglamp surround, my mate has just got some for his MCV20 and that looks pretty sweet, MUST STAY OFF EBAY MUST STAY OFF EBAY!

Don't do it guys! the only manufacturer that has been able to pull it off is Audi! How ridiculously stupid do the new Ford and Holdens look?

Each to their own....

Don't do it guys! the only manufacturer that has been able to pull it off is Audi! How ridiculously stupid do the new Ford and Holdens look?

Each to their own....

Thank *** someone out there is thinking what I'm thinking. Anything other than an Audi just looks like you're trying to hard to copy someone's style.

But like you said, each to their own.

I'm glad you agree DJKOR.

No offence to anyone out there with them...... but.

I would put day running lights on par with massive shiny chrome rims. A mod should complement the whole car and fit in as if it were a deliberate decision with the whole cars image in mind. The best mods look factory.

I'm glad you agree DJKOR.

No offence to anyone out there with them...... but.

I would put day running lights on par with massive shiny chrome rims. A mod should complement the whole car and fit in as if it were a deliberate decision with the whole cars image in mind. The best mods look factory.

Offended.. :lol: The chinese camry looks nice thou.. With the angel eyes... Looks mad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Davo!

Hi Davo

Did you manage to get this done yet??? Pics...

Hey Davo!

Hi Davo

Did you manage to get this done yet??? Pics...

sorry guys, ended up putting this on hold at the last minute... having 2nd thoughts about the look... if anything i will get LED angel eyes rather than DRL strips..

FYI thou, if your interested, the DRL i was looking as was acctually a "side firing" led strip that could wedge between the headlight and the front bumper.. thus meaning you dont have to open up the headlight... but after seeing a few commodores with the same thing on, i kinda lost my taste for the mod.. :blink:

no real major plans for now in terms of lighting apart from my new philips 4200k HID bulbs to replace my 6000k HID...

sorry to keep ya'll hanging :huh:

Edited by -DAvo

sorry guys, ended up putting this on hold at the last minute... having 2nd thoughts about the look... if anything i will get LED angel eyes rather than DRL strips..

yahoo.gif You made the right choice brother!!!!

yahoo.gif You made the right choice brother!!!!

*high five*

still itching for the led angel eyes thou... but all the ones i have seen look really "thin" and not very big on the "wow" factor...