ZZE122/123 Instrument cluster

Hi, I was wondering for the people that own Manual 1zz ZZE122's and 123's to post a pic or so of their dashes up... Because I have the crummy white one, and was looking into the inverted one, that the ZZE123 "apparently" has.

I am unsure if it is possible to steal a dash out of a 2zz and drop it into a 1zz... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

Sportivo cluster.

Are you thinking of revving to 8200rpm as well :P jokes.

I'm not sure is there's anything you need to make the stivo cluster to work..

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

Sportivo cluster.

Are you thinking of revving to 8200rpm as well :P jokes.

I'm not sure is there's anything you need to make the stivo cluster to work..

Hmm... I like the look of the Stivo dash... I just have an annoying white dash.

I don't plan on revving my current engine out to 8200rpm... Not without a serious rebuild & part upgrade on basically the whole engine. :P

I saw this instument cluster that looked similar to mine, just inverted colors... Which looked AWESOME, (similar to a Stivo's dash) and I just wanted to see if anyone on here has that dash...

post-16723-127479402402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Squall0011

Hmm.. we have a Levin at home, but our cluster doesn't act like the one in the video. It looks the same, but when you switch it on the rpm needle doesn't rev up and back down.

But yeah, you may be after the Levin cluster. That should fit right in with no problems.. but don't quote me on it. Someone on the board has done it before.. :D

@KenshinX: You'd be missing all the rev goodness after 8k?

Edited by Kenneth.

Hmm.. we have a Levin at home, but our cluster doesn't act like the one in the video. It looks the same, but when you switch it on the rpm needle doesn't rev up and back down.

You're seeing the tacho sweep because Jason has chucked a VIPEC ECU in that car.

You're seeing the tacho sweep because Jason has chucked a VIPEC ECU in that car.

Ohh, thanks Guni. Tacho sweeps look so cool..

i have a sportivo dash cluster in my 1zz zze122 wagon,the wagons are jap made so the southafrican>jap crossover is fine for anyone wondering. there is 2 plugs in the back of a sportivo cluster but only one in a zze122 but you just plug in the one original plug and away it goes. the only problem is the sportivo cluster has two oil pressure lights and the second one flashes on randomly because it has no signal to it.when i get a chance i will black out the oil light so i cant see it haha

The Levin dash cluster is what I was referring to, thanks heaps! Ether way, I'd like to put a Stivo dash or Levin dash cluster in my JDM Corolla sedan...

So anyone got a Levin or Stivo dash cluster they would like to sell or swap? B)

yeah i like the stivo cluster

hmmmm popping this bad boy into a 1zz ..... hmmmmmm ..... i guess it should b possible .... really gonna depend on getting all the right signals and praying that all the sensors send information to the cluster in the same manner ... im sure it will make a good bit of research for u using the 2zz manual and 1zz manual.

dash_cluster1.jpg

Like i said before the sportivo cluster was plug and play in my 1zz wagon, the only other thing i forgot to mention was the fuel gauge reads a tiny bit off also,on a full fill it doesn't go all the way to the top anymore(fuel light still gets 100km the same as when i had the stock cluster), does anyone know if the sportivo has a bigger tank? My wagon takes about 40L from an empty fill

Like i said before the sportivo cluster was plug and play in my 1zz wagon, the only other thing i forgot to mention was the fuel gauge reads a tiny bit off also,on a full fill it doesn't go all the way to the top anymore(fuel light still gets 100km the same as when i had the stock cluster), does anyone know if the sportivo has a bigger tank? My wagon takes about 40L from an empty fill

yeah the sportivos tanks are bigger by about 5-10L

yeah i like the stivo cluster

hmmmm popping this bad boy into a 1zz ..... hmmmmmm ..... i guess it should b possible .... really gonna depend on getting all the right signals and praying that all the sensors send information to the cluster in the same manner ... im sure it will make a good bit of research for u using the 2zz manual and 1zz manual.

dash_cluster1.jpg

Theoretically it should be straight forward, take out and drop in, provided manual to manual. they read the same top speed, the RPM would be different, but it's more along the lines of what's in the board on the instrument cluster, So again, it should theoretically read the proper RPM, speed, temp and fuel, because all the raw data is being sent to the ECU to translate into something the cluster understands...

Can Sportivo dashes go blue??? ??? ??? I read someone up a bit from this post mention it... and I wanted to double check...

yea the rpm reads correctly on mine,looks funny when it hits the rev limiter before its even up in the redline on the dash haha, next fuel tank question is can you fit a sportivo fuel tank into a jap wagon so i can get a full tank on the dash haha. I also have the 6 speed fitted in mine now too with the same profile tyres as a sportivo so that the dash reads correct speed, but previously with the 5 speed and the stock 14s the dash did read the correct speed also. everyone knows how to turn the brightness up and down on their clusters right....? i didnt know how to do it for ages and was constantly blinded by the sportivo cluster haha

Can Sportivo dashes go blue??? ??? ??? I read someone up a bit from this post mention it... and I wanted to double check...

no they cant... they have a red backing behind the tacho, so it will be a purple colour if there is blue lights behind it...

hence i want the levin optitron manual dash cuz i can change it to a blue colour (and future mod to turn from blue to red when it hits lift)

no they cant... they have a red backing behind the tacho, so it will be a purple colour if there is blue lights behind it...

hence i want the levin optitron manual dash cuz i can change it to a blue colour (and future mod to turn from blue to red when it hits lift)

Ah... I just saw a Stivo on youtube that "apparently" changed blue when it hit lift... didn't think it was true but I wanted to double check

So the Levin cluster does have the option to go blue?

Not blue. What u see what cha54 has posted is the normal colour of that tacho. Im tenpted to buy one just to take it apart to see id it is possible that it can be changed... Im guessing its just bayonet bulbs that i can twist and replace.

The video u saw in youtube was the xrs in america. There is another video with the celica dash but i sont think that activate during lift. I think that goes by revs

Not blue. What u see what cha54 has posted is the normal colour of that tacho. Im tenpted to buy one just to take it apart to see id it is possible that it can be changed... Im guessing its just bayonet bulbs that i can twist and replace.

Nope. There are no accessible bulbs. it appeared to be LED's in the dash, already had a quick squizz at mine.

This is why I was also looking at other dashes...

Nope. There are no accessible bulbs. it appeared to be LED's in the dash, already had a quick squizz at mine.

This is why I was also looking at other dashes...

Wait... i f they r leds. The brightness cant be adjusted becuz of the threshold voltage of the resistor? Any pics of the internals? :P where they soldiered in? Was it hard to pull out if the dash and crack open? Im sacred to do mine afraid somethig might happen lol